What's new

US Travel Blogger Recounts Horror Story About Being Stalked, Harassed and Trapped in Delhi OYO Room

Why would I want to go to your shithole of a country again? Typical disgusting Indian.

There are some sane people out there...

Sagar Gupta
5 days ago
India is a worst country when it comes to standards ...though i belong to this country but i accept this country is a shit ... we ourself feel suffocated here... rapes happen on regular basis infact hourly basis... police politicians any govt authority are highly corrupted... people belonging to any designation are highly cheap... please never come to india and spread as much hate about india as you can...our country deserve this..

While she stayed brave through the ordeal at the hotel, she says that she lost her composure after leaving - and was crying in airports all over the world. Taylor also talks about being angry and annoyed at the situation, and wondering what she could have done differently.

It is not some sporadic incident, this seems to be the rule than an exception reading the comments by the foreigners and the local Indians...on Jordan YouTube video you posted.

Emilie McNally
5 days ago
Oh Jordan, I feel for you so heavily. My boyfriend and I stayed super close to that hotel in Delhi last September, and my worst travel experiences occurred while there (from endless scams to being trapped in a hotel), and that was when I had my boyfriend- I can't imagine what would have happened to me if alone. I hate to say this, but I will never be returning to India because of the fear I had while there. I also haven't traveled in an entire year because of my experience, which is heartbreaking. I wish I had seen this video before I had gone, so thank you thank you for making this. So much love you for Jordan, I don't have any comforting words other than your bravery in sharing your story is so powerful and will help many.

Mate of mine travelled there last year with his gf, he goes when he left the hotel on his own no one came to say "hello".

When he left to go out with his gf a small crowd would gather. They followed trying to distract him while trying to surround her and she hand random hands on her.

Almost got into a fight while the commotion attracted more of "them". Cops nearby acting like everyones having fun.

Naive Western masses. Just because their government's are in bed with India to contain China they are made to believe that India is incredible LOL This is the amount of impact their media and governments have. They can brainwash their masses at will. Too bad this dream is being shattered the moment they land in India.

Naive Western masses. Just because their government's are in bed with I dia to contain China they are made to believe that India is incredible LOL Too bad this dream is being shattered the moment they land in India

As soon as you come into land in India you can smell the shit, and then when you get close to Mumbai you can see the slums and the disgusting smell.

As soon as you come into land in India you can smell the shit, and then when you get close to Mumbai you can see the slums and the disgusting smell.

It is good to believe in Utopia from a distance.

Mate of mine travelled there last year with his gf, he goes when he left the hotel on his own no one came to say "hello".

When he left to go out with his gf a small crowd would gather. They followed trying to distract him while trying to surround her and she hand random hands on her.

Almost got into a fight while the commotion attracted more of "them". Cops nearby acting like everyones having fun.

Same story here. I have some Dutch colleagues who went to India with their female counterparts. Same old story of ganging up, distracting, touching and groping. It is too bad these fvckers are tiny compared to taller Western tourists. They overpower a lone female, but cannot handle male.

India is a filthy country and a morally bankrupt society, when you live in shit then you become shit.

The word is slowly but surely spreading like a wild fire. The media and governments can showcase India in a positive light, but it won't have any impact. You cannot change people and their mentality.

It is odd though that not all Western female tourists share their experiences in India. Some are probably too scared. Their media and governments are portraying India in a very different way as opposed to the experiences of the tourists on the ground.

The word is slowly but surely spreading like a wild fire. The media and governments can showcase India in a positive light, but it won't have any impact. You cannot change people and their mentality.

Very true, it's funny how Indians get on the net and brag about their filthy culture, society and country.

It is odd though that not all Western female tourists share their experiences in India. Some are probably too scared.

Well, my girlfriend makes sure she tells everyone she meets.

A comment by an Indian on her YouTube video.

Anurag Tiwari5 days ago (edited)

Sincerely speaking as an Indian, please don't come to India ever alone if you are a girl. It is even more dangerous if you happen to have White skin and are attractive or just attractive (to understand why I wrote 'White' specifically, look up on the Internet about the obsession with fair skin in India). Forget all that nonsense of spirituality and Moksha, all that is pure BS. If you really want to see how miserable a third world country can be, please, please come in a group of 5 to 10 people, with equal men-partners who look strong enough to overcome some simple physical attack. I will get a lot of flack for deteriorating my country image but that's how it is. Sure, you will find a lot of good, beautiful, honest and intelligent people, but that is just pure statistics. It will be a miracle if in a country of 1300 million people you don't find one. It has nothing to do with any culture or some great heritage.

If you are a man, it is 20 times safer for you but again, stay in major cities. It is a miracle that how we are functioning after all the chaos and misery people face here. I went to Europe 2-3 months back and believe me, it is not distantly possible for anyone from a developed country to even fathom what a mess we are. Stay safe, don't be fooled by any advertising you see or hear. If you are really interested in knowing this ancient culture, try to find someone in your country who comes from India ( you will find there are a lot) and interact with them. They will be probably a hundred times more civilized and helpful than any local guide you can find. Stay safe. Sorry, it will take some more time (maybe decades) before we reach the same level of public-behavior and life-standards that you people enjoy. Again, for people coming after me, yes I understand that some white people are responsible for part of this problem, but we can't really do anything about it now except making it better ourselves.

Edit: People who seem to be disgusted by indecent and lewd comments made by Indian people here, ignore them. They are paid - IT cell workers of the current ruling party (BJP) and this is their daytime job. It is unclear to me what purpose they serve though.

A good assessment, especially the part about obsession with fair skin but this obsession is common in Pakistan too, if one reads some of the posts on PDF.

And the "Fair & Lovely" fairness cream sells in Pakistan too.

A good assessment, especially the part about obsession with fair skin but this obsession is common in Pakistan too, if one reads some of the posts on PDF.

And the "Fair and Lovely" fairness cream sells in Pakistan too.

Unlike in India Pakistanis don't rape blue eyed white female tourists. In India this is a well documented case. A very important distinction to make.

As for white skin. Pakistanis are genetically much fairer to Indians. Just because white creams are sold here doesn't mean we are as fanatical about our skin as Indians.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom