What's new

US to train Turkish intelligence forces

Saithan

Reaction score
The United States, in an unannounced meeting between Washington and Ankara officials, has reportedly agreed to train Turkey's intelligence forces.

The deal was made when Director of the US National Intelligence Agency James Clapper travelled to Turkey on September 18, and met with Chief of Turkey's National Intelligence Organization Hakan Fidan.

In his talks with other Turkish top officials, Clapper also discussed a planned deployment of a US radar system as part of a NATO-backed missile defense system in the eastern Turkish province of Malatya.

Turkey announced earlier in September that it has agreed on the deployment of the X-Band radar on its territory.

Political observers say the White House is trying to boost its influence on Turkey.

source: PressTV - US to train Turkish intelligence forces

NOTE: came across this news, I haven't heard anything of the sort from turkish news, perhaps they're keeping silent about it, but other news agencies don't :)

Can this be true, or is this just BS ?

Turkey has a better option to train its intel with ISI , CIA will walk Turks straight into a trap !

What CIA want to train Turkish Intelligence in is how to get its sooper dooper team of CIA and its local chief get blown by rag tag taliban in Afghanistan?

I would imagine that a good number of desks in Turkish intel are devoted towards PKK terrorism........I'm not sure how and where CIA could help here.

perhaps sat-imagery sharing or something like that.....but for "training" --not so sure.

Can this be true, or is this just BS ?

The Turkish media was reporting about it, as far as i understood it was about the training of the PM and President's personal bodyguards that would be improved.. Noting about intelligence agency.

Israel also have this X-Band radar, what is their reaction ? Any pressure on US?

I think, it is bad decision on Turkey.

MIT gathers intelligence and passes it on to military, police and the PM, perhaps what CIA could contribute with could be improving intel gathering, like using small cameras in traffic lights, and have them all wired into a central intelligence. for instance a lot of the deaths that has occurred recently in cities, was due to terrorist bombs, perhaps installing high tech cameras would tip off the police, MIT about possible suspecious behavior. (see Die Hard 4).

Israel also have this X-Band radar, what is their reaction ? Any pressure on US?

Sorry, but I don't see how your comment fits with the topic of this thread.

we could choose radar or missiles. what would you choose?

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

i wish ISI had trained M.I.T they are so much more cooler. :D

How did you reach that conclusion ?

I wonder if there is like a "standard official" training program that they're promoting themselves on. And of course there are "unofficial" training as well.

How did you reach that conclusion ?

I wonder if there is like a "standard official" training program that they're promoting themselves on. And of course there are "unofficial" training as well.

i don't know... they just seem to be the 'bad guy'. and they are one of the best inteligence agencies in the world.

we could choose radar or missiles. what would you choose?

Yeah, first radar and then install defenses missiles later. There were competitors bidding (Russia, China and US), however Turkey decide to go for US systems.

I tell you, installing X-Band radar, you can see the airforces movements/take-off in far aways, that's why Israel has this technology and now Turkey. Monitor each other? Wil Turkey accept Americans technicans to operate this system?

U.S. Sends 'X-Band' Missile-Detecting Radar to Israel to Confront Iranian Threat - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Yes, why not, ISI is the best and experienced! For every countries, they have every right to defend country. Turkey having issues with PKK and others, it would be great benefits for both nations cooperations. :smokin:

Yeah, first radar and then install defenses missiles later. There were competitors bidding (Russia, China and US), however Turkey decide to go for US systems.

I tell you, installing X-Band radar, you can see the airforces movements/take-off in far aways, that's why Israel has this technology and now Turkey. Monitor each other? Wil Turkey accept Americans technicans to operate this system? [/COLOR]

U.S. Sends 'X-Band' Missile-Detecting Radar to Israel to Confront Iranian Threat - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

keep in mind that this is a contract, after two years the missile defence system will be all ours.

One high-rank Turkish military official will be in the control mechanism.

Right now,we have some major problems with Russia and chinese missiles obviously have not the best specifications.

Wasn't the intel cooperation and training going on for years between Turkey and USA? :what:

Back
Top Bottom