What's new

US Strips IAF Plane

At least for those who believes we would get the most capable, or even Growler versions and keep in mind that the issue here are comunication systems. Now think about the transfer of technology and more important things like that. If we want full control of the arms we buy for so much money, the Europeans and Russians offers good alternatives and I hope MoD keeps that in mind too!

I know that you are a EF 2000 fan. But what I dont understand is why you are taking this out of context and blowing it out of proportion. The issue here is not 'exactly' about comm systems. Its about a pact.

IAF and MoD officials have refused to sign the bilateral pact CISMOA - communications interoperability and security memorandum of understanding. Indian authorities, for reasons best known to them, are suspicious of US equipment or pacts. Hence the refusal to sign the pact. On their part, since we havent signed the pact, US refuses to install the said sensitive equipment. Its plain and simple.

However, you should note that the aircraft's performance will not be affected by the absence of the said equipment. IAF has their own customized equipment for comm purposes. IAF believes that they do not have a use for comm systems which gives them option of interoperability with US forces. So I dont see where the problem lies.

I know that you are a EF 2000 fan. But what I dont understand is why you are taking this out of context and blowing it out of proportion. The issue here is not 'exactly' about comm systems. Its about a pact.

IAF and MoD officials have refused to sign the bilateral pact CISMOA - communications interoperability and security memorandum of understanding. Indian authorities, for reasons best known to them, are suspicious of US equipment or pacts. Hence the refusal to sign the pact. On their part, since we havent signed the pact, US refuses to install the said sensitive equipment. Its plain and simple.

However, you should note that the aircraft's performance will not be affected by the absence of the said equipment. IAF has their own customized equipment for comm purposes. IAF believes that they do not have a use for comm systems which gives them option of interoperability with US forces. So I dont see where the problem lies.
Gubbi -

While I let Sancho to answer rest of your concerns, I will make a small correction. he is not a EF fan :)as far as MRCA is considered.

Good quote... Correct on our part. I think the said agreement could be misused , hence the relectuant by the IAF.
We are getting what we wanted and what we paid for.

Back
Top Bottom