What's new

US, state sponsor of terrorism: Analyst

Yes, it is best to let the yeast ferment and let the dough rise before putting it in the oven. Makes great bread! :D

We can slice bread just as good as we sliced up the US military in Korea :lol:

Which B-movie was that? I must've missed it.
We all did. Minister of Propaganda ordered the slices picked up from the cutting room floor, spliced together, and went straight to DVD. Chinese market only and NOFORN.

US economy crashed in 2008 and still in unofficial recession. US has been in decline for 20 years and that process has started to dramatically accelerate since the massive financial crash. The US has been running on a massive bubble economy that went from the stock market bubble to the housing bubble to the current bond bubble.
This is why US interest rates are still at 0% and still needs billions of QE just to get even 1% growth. The staggering debt levels according professor Lawrence Kotlikoff is over $400 TRILLION in debt, the US is bankrupt to the core. This is why labour force participation is at record lows and jobs being created are part time as the US economy is stagnant.

It's nice to day dream about superpower this and hyper power that but China has already surpassed the US in many categories from production to consumption. China has the capital, technology, markets, resources, talent pool and labour force to be a massive power. US might be bigger or stronger than others, but not against China at even 25% of our capacity.

Standard of living will be higher in the US but China will be nationally stronger than the US due to our sheer size. National power is far more important than standard of living in the world of geopolitics. I'd rather have China's national power than Singapore's standard of living.

US military is nothing special with defeats in Korea and Vietnam and it only defeated countries with barely a functioning army over the past 20 years. The US has never defeated the PLA and never ever will. The only 'victories' the US has over China will be in computer simulated games and in the propaganda books at US schools to brainwash the young American minds. Chinese military is closing the gap fast which means the US can never ever use its military option. China is catching up faster than the US can move ahead and as the US economy deteriorates further, the US military will suffer. You can forget about the nonsense of the US defeating China in the future. Never ever happened before and never ever will in the future.

Soft power means jack without hard power.
US economy crashed in 2008 and still in unofficial recession. US has been in decline for 20 years and that process has started to dramatically accelerate since the massive financial crash. The US has been running on a massive bubble economy that went from the stock market bubble to the housing bubble to the current bond bubble.
This is why US interest rates are still at 0% and still needs billions of QE just to get even 1% growth. The staggering debt levels according professor Lawrence Kotlikoff is over $400 TRILLION in debt, the US is bankrupt to the core. This is why labour force participation is at record lows and jobs being created are part time as the US economy is stagnant.

It's nice to day dream about superpower this and hyper power that but China has already surpassed the US in many categories from production to consumption. China has the capital, technology, markets, resources, talent pool and labour force to be a massive power. US might be bigger or stronger than others, but not against China at even 25% of our capacity.

Standard of living will be higher in the US but China will be nationally stronger than the US due to our sheer size. National power is far more important than standard of living in the world of geopolitics. I'd rather have China's national power than Singapore's standard of living.

US military is nothing special with defeats in Korea and Vietnam and it only defeated countries with barely a functioning army over the past 20 years. The US has never defeated the PLA and never ever will. The only 'victories' the US has over China will be in computer simulated games and in the propaganda books at US schools to brainwash the young American minds. Chinese military is closing the gap fast which means the US can never ever use its military option. China is catching up faster than the US can move ahead and as the US economy deteriorates further, the US military will suffer. You can forget about the nonsense of the US defeating China in the future. Never ever happened before and never ever will in the future.

Soft power means jack without hard power.

The US economy definitely has its problems, but it is showing signs of recovery, and was announced yesterday that growth will be 2.1%-2.3% this year, even though growth stagnated in the first quarter due to the harsh winter. The economy has regained all jobs lost in the recession, and has had four consecutive months of job gains above 200,000 which hasn't happened since the year 2000. Also, the rate of unemployment benefits fell to 1.9% this month which is the lowest in seven years. Manufacturing continues to rise and is headed for a comeback. Our energy sector is booming right now as we have become the number one natural gas producer, and are set to become number one in oil production in the next few years. I'm not naive enough to believe that we don't have our own problems and we still have much work to do to create a healthier economy. You on the other hand have failed to address the immense problems in the slowing Chinese economy. Chinas current growth path is simply unsustainable, and the days of double digit growth are long gone. Being the factory of the world and investing in ghost cities will only take you so far. Debt continues to rise fueled by exploding credit and shadow banking practices, a housing bubble is emerging rapidly, endemic corruption continues unabated, a horrible environment, and an upcoming demographic crisis that will continue to slow your economy. China is showing significant cracks in its own economy and many have questioned whether China and its stubborn leaders even have the ability to reform. Your hard-on for a US collapse is hilarious, because it will never happen. You can keep saying it over and over, but wishful thinking won't get you anywhere.

Here we go again with your ludicrous 25% statistic. I wonder how you calculated such a number. The fact is that the US is the sole superpower and will be will into the future. Your chauvinistic ranting won't change that.

I've already discussed the Korean War, which ended in a stalemate and Chinese forces suffered over 13 times the casualties that US forces did. As for the Vietnam War, the US won every major tactical engagement, so I fail to to see how the US military was defeated. A defeat for the politicians? Yes For the military? No......And as I stated earlier, you will never be able to achieve superiority, much less be on par, with our military. Maybe in your own smog polluted brain, though.

Smartphones were innovated way before Apple's iPhone. China has social media too. We too are getting energy from our shale oil and gas. China has our own equivalent to nearly all the US tech companies with companies like Baidu, Xiaomi, Alibaba, Kylin, Lenovo, YonYou, Kingdee, Qihoo 360, Kingsoft, Rockchip, HiSilicon, Loongsoon, Huawei, ZTE, Inspur, Sugon, Tencent, etc

Your assertions that China don't have its own brands it not only laughable but highly ignorant.

Smartphones were revolutionized by the Apple Iphone and spurred tremendous growth in that sector. The smartphone industry is dominated by Apple, and Googles Android OS. The average person outside China hasn't heard of 90% of those companies you just listed, and none of them have the global influence of our companies. China being on the same level as our social media? Again, hilarious. Name a product of mostly Chinese innovation that has had the impact of the Ipod, Iphone, or Ipad? Crickets.......................................................................Crickets....................................

The US economy definitely has its problems, but it is showing signs of recovery, and was announced yesterday that growth will be 2.1%-2.3% this year, even though growth stagnated in the first quarter due to the harsh winter. The economy has regained all jobs lost in the recession, and has had four consecutive months of job gains above 200,000 which hasn't happened since the year 2000. Also, the rate of unemployment benefits fell to 1.9% this month which is the lowest in seven years. Manufacturing continues to rise and is headed for a comeback. Our energy sector is booming right now as we have become the number one natural gas producer, and are set to become number one in oil production in the next few years. I'm not naive enough to believe that we don't have our own problems and we still have much work to do to create a healthier economy. You on the other hand have failed to address the immense problems in the slowing Chinese economy. Chinas current growth path is simply unsustainable, and the days of double digit growth are long gone. Being the factory of the world and investing in ghost cities will only take you so far. Debt continues to rise fueled by exploding credit and shadow banking practices, a housing bubble is emerging rapidly, endemic corruption continues unabated, a horrible environment, and an upcoming demographic crisis that will continue to slow your economy. China is showing significant cracks in its own economy and many have questioned whether China and its stubborn leaders even have the ability to reform. Your hard-on for a US collapse is hilarious, because it will never happen. You can keep saying it over and over, but wishful thinking won't get you anywhere.

Here we go again with your ludicrous 25% statistic. I wonder how you calculated such a number. The fact is that the US is the sole superpower and will be will into the future. Your chauvinistic ranting won't change that.

I've already discussed the Korean War, which ended in a stalemate and Chinese forces suffered over 13 times the casualties that US forces did. As for the Vietnam War, the US won every major tactical engagement, so I fail to to see how the US military was defeated. A defeat for the politicians? Yes For the military? No......And as I stated earlier, you will never be able to achieve superiority, much less be on par, with our military. Maybe in your own smog polluted brain, though.
When you pack and leave in a panic mode, it means in many peoples eyes that you have lost the war even if you had won the majority of battles, it is tactics against strategy, you won in tactics but you have lost in strategy.

It's more to do with fearing US hard power than actually supporting the US. As China rises in its hard power strength and the US no longer has the monopoly on capital, technology, markets, currency, weapons, aid, etc you will see less and less countries willing to bend to US thuggery and bullying.

US allies are countries that don't want to confront the US fearing a loss of American capital, access to US technology, access to US market, access to US Dollar, access to US weapons, access to US aid. Once the US is no longer the only country that can provide these things, the US will gradually lose its influence. This is the primary reason why I said the US fears China. If the US no longer has that leverage over everyone, it's power and influence diminishes. China can replace all those things the US provides thus giving smaller countries an alternative.

You mean after we took the aircraft apart and took all the technology and gave it back in pieces :lol:

US only buys 18% of total Chinese exports and the total US consumption of Chinese goods contributes about 1% to our growth rate. Pretty insignificant now that Chinese consumption is already replacing foreign consumption.

We could collapse the entire US economy with the treasuries we hold and the liquidity we absorb from the Fed's QE which keeps US inflation low as China sterilises those dollars.

China can only dream of having the alliances and soft power that the US possess. Chinas thuggish and unprofessional tactics in Asia are pushing your neighboring countries into the arms of the US. We've also made it abundantly clear that we aren't going anywhere, and are there to stay. You remember that worthless ADIZ China setup last year? Our bombers flew right through that like melted butter, and China couldn't do squat about it.

When you pack and leave in a panic mode, it means in many peoples eyes that you have lost the war even if you had won the majority of battles, it is tactics against strategy, you won in tactics but you have lost in strategy.

We pulled out after a decade, so I wouldn't say we left in panic mode. We lost strategically because the South simply couldn't defend themselves. What were we supposed to do? Hold their hands forever? It's a similar situation with Iraq today. There comes a point in time where they have to support and defend themselves. The real mistake was getting involved in the first place.

We pulled out after a decade, so I wouldn't say we left in panic mode. We lost strategically because the South simply couldn't defend themselves. What were we supposed to do? Hold their hands forever? It's a similar situation with Iraq today. There comes a point in time where they have to support and defend themselves. The real mistake was getting involved in the first place.
You last sentence joins my thoughts of the US having been dragged into a war that was not its own.

China can only dream of having the alliances and soft power that the US possess. Chinas thuggish and unprofessional tactics in Asia are pushing your neighboring countries into the arms of the US. We've also made it abundantly clear that we aren't going anywhere, and are there to stay. You remember that worthless ADIZ China setup last year? Our bombers flew right through that like melted butter, and China couldn't do squat about it.

And to also add, we will be holding Exercise Malabar in the East China Sea this year; the United States Navy, Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force and the Indian Navy will take part in this. The problem with China is that she has, through her own doing, practically isolated herself from her immediate neighbors through territorial claims that are against international law but through what she considers are historically based. Even now, China has territorial issues with Japan regarding the Senkaku Islands, with Vietnam regarding the Parcel Island, with the Philippines regarding the Spratly Islands, with Indonesia regarding the Natuna Islands etc. She also has an unresolved territorial dispute with India which involves Arunachal Pradesh. China has failed to develop her alliance based system , something that the United States has excelled at ever since the end of the Great War (WWII).

And to also add, we will be holding Exercise Malabar in the East China Sea this year; the United States Navy, Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force and the Indian Navy will take part in this. The problem with China is that she has, through her own doing, practically isolated herself from her immediate neighbors through territorial claims that are against international law but through what she considers are historically based. Even now, China has territorial issues with Japan regarding the Senkaku Islands, with Vietnam regarding the Parcel Island, with the Philippines regarding the Spratly Islands, with Indonesia regarding the Natuna Islands etc. She also has an unresolved territorial dispute with India which involves Arunachal Pradesh. China has failed to develop her alliance based system , something that the United States has excelled at ever since the end of the Great War (WWII).

It was also announced today that the US and Phillipine Navys will be conducting naval exercises in the SCS. I tried to post the Reuters link earlier, but I'm not allowed to do so yet.

It was also announced today that the US and Phillipine Navys will be conducting naval exercises in the SCS. I tried to post the Reuters link earlier, but I'm not allowed to do so yet.

Looking at the developments of the Chinese Navy (PLA), i can't help but smile. They have developed their submarine capability, even a training carrier , but to no avail. We (Japan) share a very close maritime boundary with them , which effectively negates their ability to control the seas. I mean, the JMSDF's immense ASW capability and standing surface fleet of DDGS , which are only second to that of the United States' in terms of number and capability, could be capable of gutting the PLAN. Japan's maritime power alone could be capable of containing China, now imagine a combined force of Japan + USN + other ASEAN partners? I just scoff at the poor attempt for detractors to dare say the contrary.

It is evident that the Western Pacific will remain an American, Japanese strategic zone for the immediate and long term future. I also expect and hope for continued bilateral and military cooperation between Japan and the United States. I am a proponent of the collective self defense platform that has been proposed by our PM, Shinzo Abe and the LDP in Japan.

Yes, and the recent military base pact that the United States has signed with the Philippines effectively entrenches the United States in the Philippines. America really didn't have to work so hard to be well received by ASEAN partners since China practically encouraged the Filipinos to receive the Yanks with open arms... :lol:

Looking at the developments of the Chinese Navy (PLA), i can't help but smile. They have developed their submarine capability, even a training carrier , but to no avail. We (Japan) share a very close maritime boundary with them , which effectively negates their ability to control the seas. I mean, the JMSDF's immense ASW capability and standing surface fleet of DDGS , which are only second to that of the United States' in terms of number and capability, could be capable of gutting the PLAN. Japan's maritime power alone could be capable of containing China, now imagine a combined force of Japan + USN + other ASEAN partners? I just scoff at the poor attempt for detractors to dare say the contrary.

It is evident that the Western Pacific will remain an American, Japanese strategic zone for the immediate and long term future. I also expect and hope for continued bilateral and military cooperation between Japan and the United States. I am a proponent of the collective self defense platform that has been proposed by our PM, Shinzo Abe and the LDP in Japan.

Yes, and the recent military base pact that the United States has signed with the Philippines effectively entrenches the United States in the Philippines. America really didn't have to work so hard to be well received by ASEAN partners since China practically encouraged the Filipinos to receive the Yanks with open arms... :lol:

I fully agree here, and I hope we continue to have a strong alliance. One area I'm absolutely confident in is our underwater force. Admiral Greenert spoke at a conference a couple months back and essentially said that we own the undersea domain (which involves more than just subs, he emphasized). He seems very pleased with our underwater deterrent, and our Virginia class program has been highly successful. China absolutely has no such capability in stopping our underwater forces.

I fully agree here, and I hope we continue to have a strong alliance. One area I'm absolutely confident in is our underwater force. Admiral Greenert spoke at a conference a couple months back and essentially said that we own the undersea domain (which involves more than just subs, he emphasized). He seems very pleased with our underwater deterrent, and our Virginia class program has been highly successful. China absolutely has no such capability in stopping our underwater forces.

They have yet to even proper develop a carrier battle group to properly protect their Liaoning. In my honest opinion, she (Liaoning) is a sitting duck in the water against USN and JMSDF forces.

China's PLAN is divided into 3 fleets: North Sea Fleet, East Sea Fleet and South Sea Fleet. They literally do not have enough destroyers to address the overwhelming surface combat ships of Japan MSDF, we have 46 destroyers , they have less than 30. They have their North Sea Fleet stationed so as to address any Russian or JMSDF contingency, and their entire East Sea Fleet is supposed to be capable of handling a naval contingency vis-a-vis USN 7th Fleet, JMSDF West Command ? LOL!

In a hypothetical naval scenario, their North Sea Fleet , and East Sea Fleet would be neutralized by combined JMSDF + USN 7th Fleet. What remaining force is left would probably sail to meet their South Sea Fleet. That leaves the entire North East and Eastern Corridor of China exposed American, Japanese air power.

Some Chinese flaunt saying that their country has 'hard power' ? LOL. There is nothing 'hard power' about most of their rusting type 053 frigates that cannot answer our Mitsubishi Cruise missiles, or our prowling Soryu Class Subs. Let alone the USN's Ohio Class...

My underlying point is this: China is quantitatively and QUALITATIVELY outgunned and outclassed. Period.

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom