What's new

US sends F-22s from Alaska to Guam

We don't want to take sides who owns the territory. But if you decide to go to war to enforce it, believe me that U.S. will get involved.

Sure, like the American people would cheer up and down the streets for Obama to lead their boys to war over some body else petty island dispute. You really have low opinions of your countrymen.

Where was the U.S. when Britain was going to war snatching territory from all over world? Oh wait, you were doing the same thing.

Most nations were doing the same so yeah we want to make sure China don't make the same mistake. Hope you appreciate that.

Sure, like the American people would cheer up and down the streets for Obama to lead their boys to war over some body else petty island dispute. You really have low opinions of your countrymen.

You think the U.S. won't get involved. Like FDR promised that "your boys will not be sent into any foreign wars."

You think the U.S. won't get involved. Like FDR promised that "your boys will not be sent into any foreign wars."

Yeah right, just like the American people were fool by their president (read Bush) once and bankrupted while at it, they are going to be fool again. BTW where you're going to get the money for another war, a war without NATO at that. Even if the Congress is willing to increase the quota from $16.5 tril. to $20 tril. who are going to buy the bond, you? China is not Iraq, you know.

Place any resolution in UN and see how many countries supports Japan's claim and how many of them are going for China..
And votings should be done secretly.. And at the end the world should force both of them to accept the decision of the UN..

Yeah right, just like the American people were fool by their president (read Bush) once and bankrupted while at it, they are going to be fool again. BTW where you're going to get the money for another war, a war without NATO at that. Even if the Congress is willing to increase the quota from $16.5 tril. to $20 tril. who are going to buy the bond, you? China is not Iraq, you know.
Let's hope cooler heads prevail, but at this point I can't honestly tell myself that great powers like China or Japan or superpowers like America are too smart to pull a "Georgia" or "Saakashvili"

hmm F22 is not fully inducted i think still in testing cant lose these expensive birds F15SE is the best way to go cheaper and battle proven Russian have improved the SU35 & MIG35 are really capable fighters

But none on the scale of the U.S. and Britain, Germany, Russia. What do these nations have in common?

It doesn't matter what scale each nation has. All intents and purposes has shown what they have done. Whether its Japan, Russia, U.S., China, Britain etc.

Each country was different so I don't really compare to others. Was Japan like Iraq? Serbia like Vietnam? North Korea like Spain?

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/artic...ic-even-tensions-escalate-between-china-japan
Alaska F-22s deployed to Pacific even as tensions escalate between China, Japan

Alaska’s fleet of F-22 fighter jets and their elite pilots have been deployed to an airbase in the Pacific U.S. territory of Guam, according to officials at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage.

There's 40 F-22s at Elmendorf... so you have to assume 40 F-22s are now at Guam.

Stupid Pentagon raising tensions for nothing.

Load your gun with big bullets so that you dont have to use them ;)

hmm F22 is not fully inducted i think still in testing cant lose these expensive birds F15SE is the best way to go cheaper and battle proven Russian have improved the SU35 & MIG35 are really capable fighters
What F22 is not fully inducted !!??
They have got 187 of them, if internet sources are right.. F22 will be the foghter to for, I would love to see them involved in dog fight with the j-10,j-11 and other chinese jets..

The best long term strategy for the Japanese and the Americans is to expend Japans military capability, specifically naval.

Surprisingly most Japanese dont want to spend money on weapons, but now are feeling the need due to Chinas bullying.

Let's hope cooler heads prevail, but at this point I can't honestly tell myself that great powers like China or Japan or superpowers like America are too smart to pull a "Georgia" or "Saakashvili"

The US is not going to war over Diaoyu and Japan should see that. But by moving 40 F22 from Alaska to Guam she seems to her own agenda and that agenda is not to China's liking. If the timing of the move is to intimidate China I think it'll fail because it's too later for China to back down.

@ Oldman

You just trollig, back off.

Americans won't want to die for Japan's claims on rocks in the middle of the ocean, that's for sure. And yeah America is near bankruptcy, not to mention they also want to start a war with Iran.

Japan and China need to back off, for the good of the world. Divide the freaking resources of that island 50/50 and both shut up. Both eat their pride and both get a compromise. Then good economic relations can be restored so the world economy doesn't burn to the ground because of some foolish politicians who want to look tough on another country.

Or you know...
http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/20...hind-the-diaoyusenkaku-islands/?smid=tw-share
The Inconvenient Truth Behind the Diaoyu/Senkaku Islands

That said, when I look at the underlying question of who has the best claim, I’m sympathetic to China’s position. I don’t think it is 100 percent clear, partly because China seemed to acquiesce to Japanese sovereignty between 1945 and 1970, but on balance I find the evidence for Chinese sovereignty quite compelling. The most interesting evidence is emerging from old Japanese government documents and suggests that Japan in effect stole the islands from China in 1895 as booty of war. This article by Han-Yi Shaw, a scholar from Taiwan, explores those documents

Back
Top Bottom