What's new

US Senator Chris Van Hollen in Multan (Pakistan)

Trailer23

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
FM Qureshi, US Senator reiterated demand for Kashmiris rights

download.png

MULTAN, Oct 05 (APP)

Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi and US Senator Chris Van Hollen Saturday reiterated demand for lifting of curfew and communications blackout in the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IoJ&K).

The US Senator Chris Van Hollen accompanying US Ambassador to Pakistan Paul W. Jones paid a visit to the Shrine of Hazrat Bahauddin Zakriya on first day of 780th three-day Urs ceremonies to pay respect to the renowned saint.

@Dubious @The Eagle @waz @Imran Khan @Irfan Baloch @Oscar

Last edited:
This makes me rather angry
When they visit India, they visit the shrines of their dead Gods. When they come to Pakistan they visit the shrines of past saints ? :disagree:
Now someone please ask the foreign minister why he thought it would be appropriate to take a foreign dignitary to a shrine? Did the senator ask for mercy to the late saint at the shrine?
Now dont get me wrong with regard to saints. these people brought Islam to this uncultured land and I am eternally thankful to them. But my return for them would be to just say fatiha at their grave and not what these people do at the shrines which includes some rather very unusual practices.
These shrines are a relic of the Hindu culture that was supposed to be left there in India at the time of partition but now it is being celebrated with foreign dignitaries.
If this is a weakness of the rule of Islamic culture in Pakistan then why is it being exhibited to the west by our educated rulers?
@Dubious @The Eagle @waz @Imran Khan @Oscar

Let me begin my stating the obvious when watching this Press Conference.

1. When you have a guest and that too a US Senator who has been denied entry in Kashmir, you should at the very least bring your A-Game. The quality of Reporters asking questions were simply pathetic. What, Multan doesn't have educated reporters that can ask a question (properly)? Where are people like Dr. Moeed Pirzada, Hamid Mir & Co.

2. Having so many people on the stage always seems cheesy to me. The one guy standing in the back (left) seemed as if he just returned from a gym. Its like everyone wants to be in the shot - "Hi mom, i'm on TV".

The fact that FM Qureshi even allowed for this to happen is a reflection of how poor our Foreign Office is in terms of organizing an event.

When they visit India, they visit the shrines of their dead Gods. When they come to Pakistan they visit the shrines of past saints ? :disagree:
Now someone please ask the foreign minister why he thought it would be appropriate to take a foreign dignitary to a shrine? Did the senator ask for mercy to the late saint at the shrine?
Now dont get me wrong with regard to saints. these people brought Islam to this uncultured land and I am eternally thankful to them. But my return for them would be to just say fatiha at their grave and not what these people do at the shrines which includes some rather very unusual practices.
These shrines are a relic of the Hindu culture that was supposed to be left there in India at the time of partition but now it is being celebrated with foreign dignitaries.
If this is a weakness of the rule of Islamic culture in Pakistan then why is it being exhibited to the west by our educated rulers?

It is a complicated issue and a lot of it has to do with culture, but also our disparate population awareness. We cannot doubt sincerity of purpose with belief even if it is tampered with ignorance. The saints whose shrines are visited embraced the local culture to present Islam to the population and it is precisely why it spread. The same way I would insist we do not mix Islam with Arab culture just because our prophet was living in it and the religion was tailored then to accommodate it.
The prophet made it very clear on accommodation of different dialects and practices so long as they did not contradict the Quran. The idea was to let people understand Islam through something familiar to them and not reject it because the message delivered to them was through an outsider.

Once they did so, they were slowly taught more(those who were eager) while others were left to their pace, with content being that at least Islam was brought to them and that periodically they would be corrected. That was the way of the Prophet and the first Khalifa.

Coming to this situation, the issue isn’t so much the visit for fatiha but that these shrines have become ecosystems for religion based economies exploited by a few at the expense of poor ignorant masses. It is also not limited to shrines either but prevails in most religious movements in Pakistan.

However, it for better or worse also represents a section of culture and since at this time PR is required this would suffice to take a senator looking for some “spiritual” display.

At least these people arent murdering children in school or blowing themselves up in mosques. That doesn’t absolve them of being corrected or righted later, but considering the filth that Pakistanis consider holy(religious or political); this is much lower down the priority chain of what needs to be fixed.

298711-shah-1322421436.jpg

The great news is Senator Hollen will be able to visit Azad Kashmir and thus help to showcase how things are on our side of the LOC when he was refused permission by India to visit the other side of the LOC. This helps in contrasting Azad and Occupied Kashmirs.

This is what we should be celebrating and not going full retard like some here.

The great news is Senator Hollen will be able to visit Azad Kashmir and thus help to showcase how things are on our side of the LOC when he was refused permission by India to visit the other side of the LOC. This helps in contrasting Azad and Occupied Kashmirs.

This is what we should be celebrating and not going full retard like some here.

This is what should have happened in the first place.
You say that Quaid e Azam did not say Pakistan should be minus saints, you are true. It could never be minus Saints. I even said that in my original message. But what is happening at these shrines( Including, now, Diplomacy) is something that must be minus Pakistani culture. If millions of people go to these places, it does not mean that their behavior is above any form of criticism.

It is a complicated issue and a lot of it has to do with culture, but also our disparate population awareness. We cannot doubt sincerity of purpose with belief even if it is tampered with ignorance. The saints whose shrines are visited embraced the local culture to present Islam to the population and it is precisely why it spread. The same way I would insist we do not mix Islam with Arab culture just because our prophet was living in it and the religion was tailored then to accommodate it.
The prophet made it very clear on accommodation of different dialects and practices so long as they did not contradict the Quran. The idea was to let people understand Islam through something familiar to them and not reject it because the message delivered to them was through an outsider.

Once they did so, they were slowly taught more(those who were eager) while others were left to their pace, with content being that at least Islam was brought to them and that periodically they would be corrected. That was the way of the Prophet and the first Khalifa.

Coming to this situation, the issue isn’t so much the visit for fatiha but that these shrines have become ecosystems for religion based economies exploited by a few at the expense of poor ignorant masses. It is also not limited to shrines either but prevails in most religious movements in Pakistan.

However, it for better or worse also represents a section of culture and since at this time PR is required this would suffice to take a senator looking for some “spiritual” display.

At least these people arent murdering children in school or blowing themselves up in mosques. That doesn’t absolve them of being corrected or righted later, but considering the filth that Pakistanis consider holy(religious or political); this is much lower down the priority chain of what needs to be fixed.

Thank you for posting.

The saints whose shrines are visited embraced the local culture to present Islam to the population and it is precisely why it spread.
They were indeed great people. Accommodation of culture in Islam, to some extent, is almost inevitable. However, I do hope that in the future it is sorted out whether it is the inevitable and acceptable part or a 'biddat' because the evils attached to this routine are many.

Every one is responsible to Allah for his deeds no other one is responsible We should respect each other thoughts to build a tolerant Pakistan and not otherwise one can work on his own purification

If visiting a shrine of a saint is a good then it seems that there is no one above in the "Martaba" than Hazrat Mohammad (SAW)

Why do 100 no-ones have to stand behind every video interview to photobomb with their un-interested looks?

FM Qureshi, US Senator reiterated demand for Kashmiris rights

View attachment 582556
MULTAN, Oct 05 (APP)

Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi and US Senator Chris Van Hollen Saturday reiterated demand for lifting of curfew and communications blackout in the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IoJ&K).

The US Senator Chris Van Hollen accompanying US Ambassador to Pakistan Paul W. Jones paid a visit to the Shrine of Hazrat Bahauddin Zakriya on first day of 780th three-day Urs ceremonies to pay respect to the renowned saint.

@Dubious @The Eagle @waz @Imran Khan @Irfan Baloch @Oscar

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom