What's new

US Seeks Vietnamese Base to Counter China

You must have another of those documents of surrender from the Chinese diplomatic core, don't you? As for the word concubine nothing or nobody fits the description better than those who cannot rest without spilling out an once of venom in favour of the zionazis. BTW, 1971 reminds of 1962

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...mese-base-counter-china-11.html#ixzz1x17mUWO5

we lost the 62 war. everyone with IQ above 80 knows why. (which is why you dont)

1999 when the BSF was slaughtered by the BDR, now, there's not much you can do, can you?

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...mese-base-counter-china-11.html#ixzz1x182IUsA
u r kidding me right? Indian police or BSF can capture bangladesh

Sounds like you are a Japanese Brazilian。;)
Anyway, America won't allow Japan remilitarization because the best Japan to the Americans is fat sheep not wolf.
And Russia won't allow because they have the Kuril issue and also the Sakhalin with Japan and their far east region will be under threat.
As for China, Japan's remilitarization is the best excuse to declare war at Japan and I'm sure all the Chinese will cheer for it。

Sir, I am not a Japanese, nor I am a Brazilian. I have a habit of intermittently changing my location/country flags.

Whether Russia 'allows' Japan to remilitarize or not is politically a non issue because Russia hardly plays any important role in actively forging a foreign policy of their own beyond the CIS, mostly. Chinese and other East Asian political and diplomatic wrangling is the issue. Americans certainly would not like to give up their bases, but if the more nationalistic elements of Japanese society gain power and decide to expel Americans, how much leverage over Japan could current USA exert?

Even if China would openly declare war against Japan, other then from the Indian-troll-infected members, very few people would think that a remilitarized Japan would not be a headache for China, at least.

Not true. The U.S. fights with one hand tied behind its back. The U.S. restricts the options of its military with "rules of engagement." It is a mistake to believe Chinese must follow liberal America's "rules of engagement." Unlike soft Americans, China fights to win.

The soft Americans did not hesitate to bomb the Chinese embassy during the Serbian war. It could have be considered an act war, to which Chinese response was muted.

Tactics like carpet bombing or artillery shower were exhausted by Soviet in Afghanistan to limited gains.

Sino-Vietnamese war of so called China using its full power makes no sense, as Vietnam doesn't hold that much threat as the nearby American bases.

Nobody is even sure even with amazing performance in gulf wars, if USA can replicate the same in Vietnam.

The soft Americans did not hesitate to bomb the Chinese embassy during the Serbian war. It could have be considered an act war, to which Chinese response was muted.

Tactics like carpet bombing or artillery shower were exhausted by Soviet in Afghanistan to limited gains.

Sino-Vietnamese war of so called China using its full power makes no sense, as Vietnam doesn't hold that much threat as the nearby American bases.

Nobody is even sure even with amazing performance in gulf wars, if USA can replicate the same in Vietnam.
The man is a Chinese-American, meaning citizen, who longs for a racial glory that he believes he feels. The result is that he speaks in support of China in the most absurd of arguments, from technical issues to politics, despite having no military experience whatsoever.

Sir, I am not a Japanese, nor I am a Brazilian. I have a habit of intermittently changing my location/country flags.

Whether Russia 'allows' Japan to remilitarize or not is politically a non issue because Russia hardly plays any important role in actively forging a foreign policy of their own beyond the CIS, mostly. Chinese and other East Asian political and diplomatic wrangling is the issue. Americans certainly would not like to give up their bases, but if the more nationalistic elements of Japanese society gain power and decide to expel Americans, how much leverage over Japan could current USA exert?

Even if China would openly declare war against Japan, other then from the Indian-troll-infected members, very few people would think that a remilitarized Japan would not be a headache for China, at least.
Well,the Time is a big problem to Japan.
Thousands of Chinese SSM will arrive in Japn in only a few minutes,while building operational SSM even without tests will at least cost one week。

Thousands of Chinese SSM will arrive in Japn in only a few minutes,while building operational SSM even without tests will at least cost one week。

It is highly unlikely that a rational, level headed political leadership like that of China would start lobbing thousands of SSMs at Japan immediately, within less than 10 seconds, of a hypothetical declaration of Japanese remilitarization. What weapons are loaded on those hypothetical SSMs are also important issues to be looked into. How much damage could such SSMs inflict on Japan and what would Japan and its 'allies' react with is another issue to be concerned with as well.

Would China risk exhausting a large part, maybe the majority of its arsenal of its SSMs against Japan in a hypothetical attack within 10 seconds of Japanese declaration of remilitarization? Can China actually launch thousands of SSMs within less than 10 seconds of notice, assuming such numbers of SSMs are actually in operational state at the moment?

Many factors need to be considered.

It'll be an economic suicide, in which she can ill afforded at this crucial moment, if Japan decides to remilitarized now. She invested heavily in her former invasion domains and relies a big portion of her exports in the same areas, so any news of impending military buildups will created uproars and embargo by the people in the said areas. The governments will ensured these scenarios go on indefinitely and will most likely take harsh political and diplomatical actions. Japan then will isolated by her neighbors.

It'll be an economic suicide, in which she can ill afforded at this crucial moment, if Japan decides to remilitarized now. She invested heavily in her former invasion domains and relies a big portion of her exports in the same areas, so any news of impending military buildups will created uproars and embargo by the people in the said areas. The governments will ensured these scenarios go on indefinitely and will most likely take harsh political and diplomatical actions. Japan then will isolated by her neighbors.

It need not be 'an economic suicide' if all the East Asian countries actively encourage and warmly appreciate remilitarization of Japan in order to maintain parity in the region so that the threat of war breaking out remains minimal. This was suggested by me in post 159.

It need not be 'an economic suicide' if all the East Asian countries actively encourage and warmly appreciate remilitarization of Japan in order to maintain parity in the region so that the threat of war breaking out remains minimal. This was suggested by me in post 159.

The pains are deep and are still lingering in which an outsider can not feel.. Many young generation today have had their parents or grandparents who suffered immensely during the cruel wars. My grandmother, for example, and her 2 siblings were brutally murdered by Japanese troops. That's something one can never easily forget, forgive perhaps, but the suspicions of happenings will always be there.

I don't know about the other countries but for the Chinese and the Koreans the memories are deep. Any such intentions by the Japanese will be widely contested.

Don't make idiot things with Japan bro, Japan built by themself carriers, aircrafts from long time ago, before WW II. China is just beginning to copy such toys.

The Japanese Navy — officially the Maritime Self-Defense Force — has launched an aircraft carrier. At least the Hyuga, launched at Yokohama on August 23, looks like an aircraft carrier — she has a flush flight deck and a large, starboard-side island structure. But the Hyuga is a relatively small ship as carriers go, with a standard displacement of 13,500 (metric) tonnes and will displace 18,000 tonnes full load. That is about the size of the planned U.S. destroyers of the Zumwalt (DDG 1000) class.
The Hyuga is classified as a helicopter-carrying destroyer (DDH 181) by the Japanese. She will carry an Aegis-type air defense system, with the U.S.-developed AN/SPY-1 multi-function radar; her principal weapons armament will be 64 advanced ESSM-type Sparrow missiles. She will also be fitted with two 20-mm Phalanx Gatling guns for close-in defense against anti-ship missiles, and she will have six tubes for anti-submarine torpedoes.
The Hyuga, the largest warship constructed in Japan since World War II, is considered by some observers to be the first step toward the development of a large aircraft carrier. Japans constitution, imposed by the United States after World War II, permits Japanese to have only self-defense forces. Many Japanese, recalling the effectiveness of Japanese aircraft carriers in China in the 1930s and against U.S. forces in the Pacific in the early stages of World War II, consider carriers to be offensive weapons.
Japan was a leader in carrier development in the 1930s and early 1940 with their short-lived carrier Shinano, which was converted during construction from a battleship. It was the worlds largest carrier to be built prior to the USS Forrestal (CVA 59), completed in 1955.

Read more: http://defensetech.org/2007/08/28/japan-launches-carrier-sorta/#ixzz1x1RHE4Ts
Defense.org
hyuga.jpg

Read more: http://defensetech.org/2007/08/28/japan-launches-carrier-sorta/#ixzz1x1Q4DKa7
Defense.org

The pains are deep and are still lingering in which an outsider can not feel.. Many young generation today have had their parents or grandparents who suffered immensely during the cruel wars. My grandmother, for example, and her 2 siblings were brutally murdered by Japanese troops. That's something one can never easily forget, forgive perhaps, but the suspicions of happenings will always be there.

I don't know about the other countries but for the Chinese and the Koreans the memories are deep. Any such intentions by the Japanese will be widely contested.

Then, it seems the East Asians would choose to align themselves with USA ( 'gwei low' or 'ang moh'?) and the West against their fellow East Asian country, China?

You make it sound like as if Vietnam and US have no war experience and China is the greatest military power to grace this world?

1. Overrunning Vietnam is not so easy through the ground because of its terrain which does not favours armoured thrusts.

2. US knows how to protect its military bases, even if the China miraculously reaches them.

dear chinese friends just ignore this guy's posts
the best place for his post is the ignore list as said by Aryan_b,
by the way legend you seem to be obsessed with U.S fire power just one question comes to mind
where was it during the Russia-Georgian war ?

Sir, with all due respect, that is bogus American propaganda claims to spread an image of invincibility around the world so that their clients gladly continue to be clients.
Bro, it is true that US does not brings its full fire-power in to any theatre. US military adventures are often politically led.

The last time US opened up fully to military confrontation was during WW-II.

Secondly, modern China fought against Vietnam in 1979, and the results were not very favourable for China at that time either despite the least bit of concerns for civilians on the Vietnamese side. With American diplomatic and political maneuvers, most East Asian countries would be supporting Vietnam to form an informal alliance which would effectively encircle China, thereby restricting freedom of action for China to a great extent.
Excellent point.

You make it sound as if Vietnam isn't one of the poorest countries in Asia with the poorest equipped and trained troops. Vietnam's military is armed with decades-old technology. How long do you expect them to hold up against China's modern military? I say two weeks at the most.
You need to understand the role of terrain on military conflicts. Technological superiority does not helps in every scenario. In case of Vietnam, this fight will get reduced to person-to-person clash on the ground. And Vietnamese are expert in guerilla fighting. Vietnamese can inflict massive casualties on Chinese infantry and significantly slow down their advances on the ground. Do some digging in this aspect.

How will the U.S. protect its bases against the overwhelming ballistic, cruise, and MLRS missile power of China? Magic? You do know the U.S. is moving its troops from Japan to Guam and getting the hell away from Chinese SRBMs, right? It doesn't solve the problem posed by China's IRBM (Mach 10), but at least the U.S. won't be staring at thousands of SRBMs (Mach 6).
If it was so easy to use Ballistic Missiles on Naval forces.......

How will China be able to keep track of entire US Naval activity on 24/7 basis? Ever heard about Jamming technologies that US forces employ?

----------

Here's a partial list of China's Military Technology. You tell me if China has an advantage over Vietnam.

China's Military Technological Milestones - Timeline

210 B.C. (2,200 years ago): China invents chrome-plating technology during Qin Dynasty under emperor Qin Shihuang.

1964: China detonated a 22-kiloton atomic bomb during the Mao Zedong administration.

1967: China detonated a 3.3-megaton thermonuclear bomb that was designed with abacus calculations.

1971: China launched its first DF-5 ICBM.

1984: China built its first cryogenic YF-73 rocket engine.

1995: China test-detonates kiloton Neutron Bomb

1998: Chinese J-10 Vigorous Dragon had its first flight. Officially unveiled in 2007.

2000: Chinese JSTARS Tu-154M/D Electronic Intelligence Aircraft in service (e.g. Careless B-4138).

2001: Chinese Type 99 Main Battle Tank in service.

2002: China's Type 093 Shang-class nuclear attack submarine (SSN) is launched.

2003: China sends its first taikonaut Yang Liwei into space.
2003: China's KJ-2000 AWACS with domestic AESA radar has its first flight.

2005: China's Type 052C Lanzhou-class AESA-equipped destroyer entered service.

2006: China's WS-10A turbofan engine certified for production.

2007: China clones world's first rabbit.
2007: Chinese direct-ascent ASAT shoots down orbiting satellite.
2007: Chinese DF-31A MIRVed ICBM in service.

2008: China conducts its first spacewalk with taikonaut Zhai Zhigang.

2010: China builds world's-fastest supercomputer Tianhe-1A.
2010: Chinese GBI (i.e. ground based interceptor) shoots down a ballistic missile during mid-course phase.
2010: Chinese WZ-10 Attack Helicopter in service.
2010: Chinese Type 094 Jin-class nuclear missile ballistic submarine (SSBN) in service.

2011: China unveiled the J-20 Mighty Dragon stealth superfighter.
Thanks for the list.

Now do some digging on US debacle in Vietnam. US was certainly technologically superior to Vietnam too but got its @ss handed to it.

Point is that US can help Vietnam to defeat China.

the best place his post is the ignore list as said by Aryan_b,
Truth hurts, I know.

Fact is that Chinese military experts themselves are impressed by US military might.

I have repeatedly pointed out that I only work with facts and not propaganda.

I personally do not even want to visit US because of its attitute towards Pakistan. But this does not detracts me from 'ground realities' of this world.

Get the memo?

by the way legend you seem to be obsessed with U.S fire power just one question comes to mind
What was China doing when US attacked Libya?

What was Russia doing when US attacked Serbia?

What was USSR doing when US attacked Iraq?

I can pose similar questions to you.

we lost the 62 war. everyone with IQ above 80 knows why. (which is why you dont)

u r kidding me right? Indian police or BSF can capture bangladesh

No, I'm not kidding, 16 BSF killed in 1 hour and the rest fled back to india.

the best place his post is the ignore list as said by Aryan_b,

Was there a security pact between USA and Georgia ? that we are missing

Back
Top Bottom