What's new

US says China likely to build more overseas bases, maybe in Pakistan

If China established military base in Pakistan, that would just prove that 'China is colonizing Pakistan', it's a trouble for progress of CPEC. Pakistan Establishment also has no any intention to do so, don't forget Pakistan is ally of USA. All are funny rumors to troll Indian.

China's need in indian ocean is to protect its merchant ships, its supply route. For that purpose, China doesn't need to base soldiers in South Asia, China just a need a port to supply Chinese warships and a place to rest. I'm pretty sure Pakistani army are more than enough to protect CPEC. They might need financial and arm support though, but certainly doesn't lack of manpower.

China's need in indian ocean is to protect its merchant ships, its supply route. For that purpose, China doesn't need to base soldiers in South Asia, China just a need a port to supply Chinese warships and a place to rest. I'm pretty sure Pakistani army are more than enough to protect CPEC. They might need financial and arm support though, but certainly doesn't lack of manpower.
I agree but we need to base some aircraft in Pakistani bases, on joint operations basis, there needs to be synergy between our two armies. Gwadar is a strategic port, O&G from the Persian Gulf passes through that area, the whole Indian gas supply from Qatar passes through that place. Djibouti would control the other O&G + Shipping route in gulf of Aden. This is a brilliant pincer movement to choke India. They fck with us, we fck them back. =). Typical GO chess move.

The Americans are as usual in a fit about China Pak cooperation, but that is a healthy sign for both nations.

There is no doubt that a military pact to secure the CPEC assets is already largely in place. It is just a matter of time before we get an official acknowledgment.

The Americans are right and their fears have already become a reality with OBOR in full swing. Not a day goes by and the Western media is reporting on OBOR like their lives depend on it.

i think pakistan and china need to sign mutual defense treaty.

Perhaps include all of india's enemies...including myanmar, bangladesh, nepal etc in the treaty

Trust me, with the current government in power, Bangladesh would be far from an enemy of India.

I agree but we need to base some aircraft in Pakistani bases, on joint operations basis, there needs to be synergy between our two armies. Gwadar is a strategic port, O&G from the Persian Gulf passes through that area, the whole Indian gas supply from Qatar passes through that place. Djibouti would control the other O&G + Shipping route in gulf of Aden. This is a brilliant pincer movement to choke India. They fck with us, we fck them back. =). Typical GO chess move.

I think that as long as China has a sound strategy, and keep its sword free of blood, things will work out as far as India goes.

Trust me, with the current government in power, Bangladesh would be far from an enemy of India.

I think that as long as China has a sound strategy, and keep its sword free of blood, things will work out as far as India goes.
Nobody wants war, that's why a deterrent navy in IOR is needed. It is in Chinese interest to keep conflicts localized. Imagine if we won a border skirmish and the Indians feels humiliated and start attacking our commercial fleet, with an IOR fleet to inflict the same damage, they will think twice.

Well, I think despite indian megaphone policy, I don't think india dare to mess with China in Chinese territory like supporting terrorism or separatist movement. India know that China can return the favor in ten folds easily. India itself has plenty or separatist movement that China can throw money at. So I don't think China should overreact vis a vis India.

I just think China and Pakistan only need to increase their joint training and joint patrol in indian ocean more. That will be sufficient.

Well, I think despite indian megaphone policy, I don't think india dare to mess with China in Chinese territory like supporting terrorism or separatist movement. India know that China can return the favor in ten folds easily. India itself has plenty or separatist movement that China can throw money at. So I don't think China should overreact vis a vis India.

I just think China and Pakistan only need to increase their joint training and joint patrol in indian ocean more. That will be sufficient.
Pakistan needs to understand that the only true ally now is China, US is already propping up Indian at the expense of Pakistan to counter China. I believe there is minimal to zero Chinese support for separatist groups in India. This could change drastically though.

Despite all the Hoohah by Dalai Lama, he is more of a political poster boy than a real strategic threat, Tibet had been relatively peaceful for decades, no known armed insurgents except for the occasional knifing or self immolation, the same goes for Xinjiang. The existence of armed insurgents in India, be it NE, Kashmir/Muslim or Maoist indicates that the GOI does not have complete control of situation in India.

Not in Pakistan as we are friends. But in Asia, Africa, and in South America soon!

Back
Top Bottom