What's new

US, Russia to work on Pakistan, Afghan problems

Does that mean Admiral Kuznetsov with 20-30 odd Su-33s going to be parked in Pakistani territorial water too? :P

Wow.. what happened to Pakistan- Russia-CHina nexus to ouster USA from Afghanistan? :blink:

Washington Hails Russia’s Contribution to Afghan Mission

The United States recognizes Russia’s contribution to building a better future for the Afghan people and hopes for further cooperation in providing security in the war-torn Centarl Asian state, the U.S. State Department said.

“We take note of the significant contribution to international security that has resulted from the arrangements between the United States and Russia – bilaterally and through NATO – to support ground and air transit into and out of Afghanistan,” said a fact sheet released on Monday after a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and U.S. President Barack Obama in Los Cabos.

“In accordance with these arrangements, over 2,200 flights, over 379,000 military personnel, and over 45,000 containers of cargo have been transported through Russia in support of operations in Afghanistan,” the fact sheet said.

Moscow also signed a $367.5 million deal in 2011 with the U.S. Department of Defense for 21 Mi-17V5 transport/attack helicopters to expand the fleet of helicopters in service with the Afghan army.

In addition, Russia will train 30 Afghan helicopter technicians in 2012 to “enhance the capacity of the Afghan security forces to keep their fleet of helicopters mission-ready as they assume greater responsibility for Afghanistan’s security.”

All NATO combat troops are scheduled to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014.

Moscow is reportedly in talks with NATO on the so-called “multimodal” cargo transit from Afghanistan, which would “increase the efficiency of NATO withdrawal.

In line with the new scheme, cargos from Afghanistan would be delivered to the Russian Volga city of Ulyanovsk by plane, and then transferred to Europe by train.

Washington Hails Russia

My advice is for you only.

Thank you but no thanks

Once again! You have narrowed down your judgement on the basis of some media reports that suit you. You should learn to think outside the box.

US-Russian cooperation on Afghanistan is not a new thing. In fact, it gets overlooked.

Northern routes are functioning with the blessings of Russia.

Russia and even China desire a stable Afghanistan. None of these nations are fond of Islamic fundamentalists.

And current US mission in Afghanistan is a long term plan. Mark my words.

I do not think that Russia and China would want to plunge Afghanistan back in to chaos just to counter US presence in this country.

I addressed some of the issues you raised in my post 25 that I felt. You are not my keeper or anything else to dictate to me so get off your high horse.

Thank you but no thanks
At the end of the day, you are fooling yourself only.

I addressed some of the issues you raised in my post 25 that I felt. You are not my keeper or anything else to dictate to me so get off your high horse.
I am not dictating anything to you. I am trying to open your eyes.

Once again! You have narrowed down your judgement on the basis of some media reports that suit you. You should learn to think outside the box.

US-Russian cooperation on Afghanistan is not a new thing. In fact, it gets overlooked.

Northern routes are functioning with the blessings of Russia.

Russia and even China desire a stable Afghanistan. None of these nations are fond of Islamic fundamentalists.

And current US mission in Afghanistan is a long term plan. Mark my words.

I do not think that Russia and China would want to plunge Afghanistan back in to chaos just to counter US presence in this country.
In a sense, the Russian take the longer view of AF. They have to live near them. While the US did not create the Taliban, we did use the mujais to great effect, encouraging Pakistan to create the talib (why not try to recreate a program that was used to great effect?) It was damned short-sighted of the US, even worse for Pakistan. Peraps in the next version of the Geneva Con. we can address this practice of encouraging nuts.

Lol, Aryan_B, the news article is from an Indian newspaper. Ignore the propaganda piece, its nonsense.

Juice is just a bigoted and stupid. There is no such thing as a War on Terrorism. How can one declare a war against terrorism when terrorism is a tactic and not an enemy.

Aryan_B, our enemies are just getting scared because they know their time is up.

Why would Russia go against us, when they know this could be a real turning point in history and get revenge at USA.

Even Musharraf said whatever happens in Russia, is Russia's internal affairs. Juice doesn't know what he is talking about.

Aryan_B also don;t forget to remind him of the Christian extremists of the Ku Klux Klan and how they would go insane and lynch African Americans.

But Juice is too much of hypocrite to remember that. :lol:

I agree with most that you have to say except the offensive remarks about Juice yaar. He is a mate of mine. It's not his fault he is American and in any event he has some Scottish in him lol

LeGend you can not reform him...

like-ostrich.jpg

No thank you once again. You have your opinions and I have mine. Leave it at we disagree.

Our goals is to help the people of Afghanistan, and to build up there nation so that it won't become a safe heaven for terrorist.

Peace in the middle east can be accomplished if we are all willing to work together.

In a sense, the Russian take the longer view of AF. They have to live near them. While the US did not create the Taliban, we did use the mujais to great effect, encouraging Pakistan to create the talib (why not try to recreate a program that was used to great effect?) It was damned short-sighted of the US, even worse for Pakistan. Peraps in the next version of the Geneva Con. we can address this practice of encouraging nuts.
Afghanistan is in a mess because Afghans themselves do not mix well with each other.

In addition, some fail to realize that fundamentalist groups are loyal to no one. US have learned this lesson after 9/11. Pakistan has yet to learn this lesson.

No thank you once again. You have your opinions and I have mine. Leave it at we disagree.
Fine.

But I feel obligated to counter your propaganda whenever possible.

Afghanistan is in a mess because Afghans themselves do not mix well each other.

What people often fail to realize is that fundamentalist groups are loyal to no one. At the end of the day, they think independently. US have learned this lesson after 9/11. Pakistan has yet to learn this lesson.

what the people have to understand is this is not the middle ages anymore...

The plan to further strengthen Northern distribution Network , Russia's Training of Afghan chopper pilots and this common statement by the two on Afghanistan and Pakistan shows that both these countries hate the Taliban and want Afghanistan to have a stable and sovereign government . Russia supported Northern alliance against the Taliban along with Iran and India throughout the 90s right uptil 2001 .

I agree with most that you have to say except the offensive remarks about Juice yaar. He is a mate of mine. It's not his fault he is American and in any event he has some Scottish in him lol

Did I tell you this? Or could you tell? Yes, some Scott. Lol, one of my great-grandmas is from Edinborough, thank god I did not get her name (Gaylord, but that is her married name, she was a Gramidge)

(she had a Mynah bird that could speak Gaelic, thought he was magic, She died in the 1980's just shy of 100)

Back
Top Bottom