What's new

US radio host criticized for Hu mockery

Hafizzz

Reaction score
US radio host criticized for Hu mockery
AFP: US radio host criticized for Hu mockery - FOCUS Information Agency

rush-limbaugh-lg.jpg

Rush Limbaugh, the conservative radio host heard by millions of Americans, came under fire Thursday from Asian Americans after he mocked the way visiting Chinese President Hu Jintao speaks, AFP reports.
The commentator lampooned Hu -- who he called the "ChiCom dictator" -- over his joint news conference Wednesday with US President Barack Obama that was marred by a delay in translation.
"He was speaking and they weren't translating. They normally translate every couple of words, but Hu Jintao was just going, 'ching chong, ching chong, chong,'" Limbaugh said, continuing his imitation at length.
Representative David Wu, the first Chinese American to serve in Congress and a member of Obama's Democratic Party, criticized Limbaugh for his "pathetic childishness."
"In doing so, he ridicules one of the world's oldest languages, insults the Chinese American and Asian American communities, and disrespects the 1.3 billion people of China," Wu said.
Representative Mike Honda, a Japanese American Democrat who heads the Asian American caucus in Congress, accused Limbaugh of trying to "outpace others on all things inflammatory, ignorant and inane."
Honda noted that House Speaker John Boehner, a Republican, met "diplomatically" with Hu on Thursday despite US differences with China.
"If we are to outpace each other on anything, let it be statesman-like diplomacy, not grade-school incivility," Honda said.
Limbaugh, a fierce critic of Obama and his Democratic Party, is the most heard radio talk-show host in the United States. Trade journal Talkers estimates he has a weekly audience of more than 15 million people.
Limbaugh, whose humor frequently causes controversy, was critical of Obama's black-tie dinner for Hu. He noted that China is detaining Liu Xiaobo, the writer and rights advocate who won the Nobel Peace Prize last month.
"Imagine if we had Al Gore locked up in jail. I know, we can dream. But imagine," Limbaugh said jokingly. The Democratic former vice president shared the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for drawing awareness to climate change.

Racism against Asians (Chinese in particular) is well alive.

Not really surprising coming from Rush Limbaugh, but people subscribing to his brand of hate mongering is hardly in the majority.

Not really surprising coming from Rush Limbaugh, but people subscribing to his brand of hate mongering is hardly in the majority.

Its Rush Limbaugh! Who cares what this idiot says? He's famous for his insensitive controversial comments, even the republicans dont follow him, though he does have a large radio audience just because of his comments! Do you remember the way he mocked Michael J Fox and his Parkinsonism?

Well the Chinese language does sound like Ching chong wonge he wah hong wiuu chingiy etc..
Its weird anyhow..

Careful, I do a killer hindi-English accent. ;)

Its Rush Limbaugh! Who cares what this idiot says? He's famous for his insensitive controversial comments, even the republicans dont follow him, though he does have a large radio audience just because of his comments! Do you remember the way he mocked Michael J Fox and his Parkinsonism?

The guy is a class act.

The bolded part is considered racist.

By the way,check Russel peters "Outsourced" regarding how Chinese sounds like.

Yep, his mandarin tones are pretty spot for a comedian. I thought his bit on the difference between Cantonese and Mandarin was pretty good. (anyone have a clip?)

Russel peters , I have all his videos, he is talented, but his most recent one wasnt that great

Yep, his mandarin tones are pretty spot for a comedian. I thought his bit on the difference between Cantonese and Mandarin was pretty good. (anyone have a clip?)

I think you can find all of them on youtube, but which one do you mean?

If he just criticized the CCP there really isn't much to say. However I find the "Chingchong chingchong" part highly offensive and racist. About time those people show their true colors.

Russel peters , I have all his videos, he is talented, but his most recent one wasnt that great

I think you can find all of them on youtube, but which one do you mean?

It was a good bit on how Mandarin sound versus Cantonese. You can tell he probably hangs out/grew up with a lot of Chinese friends.

Well the Chinese language does sound like Ching chong wonge he wah hong wiuu chingiy etc..
Its weird anyhow..

You know what? Your language sounds weird too:rofl::rofl::rofl: gilirugubolabiro----This stupid american cant do anything well beside racist.

Last edited:
man to make fun of accent of visiting dignitary is real bad. but americans are famous for this. anyway, the offendor is a well known crap case.

If he just criticized the CCP there really isn't much to say. However I find the "Chingchong chingchong" part highly offensive and racist. About time those people show their true colors.

Surely you knew this was a part of the underlying motivation for the "we hate China because it's not free" crowd.

Back
Top Bottom