What's new

US proposal of guarding Bangladeshi maritime boundary:

It is up to bangladesh what they want to do with their country..As far as my post is concerned I said US wont do anything like that without consultation with India..

Huh.. ofcourse they will consult with India like the way they consult with Russia before deploying anti missile shield and assure them that those are not aimed at Russia. But at the end they do it, and ofcourse they are aimed at russia. If they get a base in Bay of Bengal it will be aimed at China and rogues state like Myanmar and not aimed at India.. that is what they gonna tell.

Bay of Bengal is a lucrative strategic location for any super power as they can launch tomahauk cruise from here which could even reach Russia, without any anticipated retaliation as these have come through Indian Ocean to get them and will take month...

Also India is not a trusted partner for USA and they know it very well. They want India to counter China, the way they wanted China to counter Russia. Its all game bro...

For the U.S. to guard Bangladesh's sea boundary would be a nightmare for the America! On the other hand, it would make a lot of sense for the U.S. to offer to provide boats and training for Bangladeshi crews on easy financial terms. Some of that training could be done in Bangladeshi waters. I guess that's probably all the ambassador meant, but can the media ever resist the pull of a shocking headline?

USA only look after it's interest. It doesn't waste a dime if there isn't anything for it to gain. I live in USA and I know the mentality of the government here.
BD shouldn't allow such rather build BD's navy to guard the bay of bengle. If anything BD should engage with China to help BD with the goods.........

USA only look after it's interest. It doesn't waste a dime if there isn't anything for it to gain. I live in USA and I know the mentality of the government here.
I guess you've never worked for the federal government! :cheesy:

For the U.S. to guard Bangladesh's sea boundary would be a nightmare for the America! On the other hand, it would make a lot of sense for the U.S. to offer to provide boats and training for Bangladeshi crews on easy financial terms. Some of that training could be done in Bangladeshi waters. I guess that's probably all the ambassador meant, but can the media ever resist the pull of a shocking headline?

Is the media to blame in this instance, or is the U.S. to blame due to it's own foreign policy and "promises" for decades?
Can you honestly blame the Bangladeshis if they're looking at this offer with awkward eyes?

Where is oil in bangladesh...Anyway India wont let this happen..

wow wow wow... seems like a kid has joined the dabate!! "Where is oil in Bangladesh." what a childish question!! go ask your daddy what else can be found in the Bay of Bengal... Do you know the reason behind India's and Myanmar's aggression in the Bay of Bengal??

Insha-Allah, Bangladesh Navy will have 4 submarines by 2010 and will be more advanced to teach our enemy some lessons!!

Back
Top Bottom