What's new

US Power Will Decline Under Trump, Says Futurist Who Predicted Soviet Collapse

Moral degradation is a factor common in the collapse/destruction of all civilizations/empires. The American society is totally depraved.

Moral degradation is a factor common in the collapse/destruction of all civilizations/empires. The American society is totally depraved.

Again all relative.
You can list examples of moral depravity in Europe and China that are less common in the US and vice versa. Even prostitution is legal in Bangladesh...so be careful about "moral" finger pointing...unless you feel Bangladesh is hopelessly collapsed.

Last edited:
It is interesting to see kind of certainty in these posts. People are so certain that US will sink, just like people were certain that Brexit will not happen. If, for the argument sake, China implodes then what will Pakistan do? Pakistan has put all of [his/her/its/their] proverbial eggs in China's basket.

No one is saying that America will implode. BUT, you wont see their emissaries going about telling the smaller nations that "either you are with us or against us". As I said, America will go in shell trying to protect its own interests and internal issues, which will leave states like India is a no mans lands who basically, since 9/11 have been using American shoulder to fire their guns.

For the argument sake, you can create a new topic here to discuss your "what if" scenario where China implodes and how that will effect Pakistan. In the meantime, we can discuss the "realities" of today's geopolitics where according to American's own biggest ally ex intel cheif, America has lots it mojo and how it will leave India in a lurch.

So basically you are saying PAX-American has three phases:
1) 1945-1991 Cold War bi-polar (Pax Americana in effect)
2) 1991- ~Present Day? unipolar (Pax Americana in effect)
3) ~Present Day to future. multipolar (no Pax Americana)

Well that just goes hand in hand with the world moving from undeveloped to more developed.

Pax Britannica gave way to Pax Americana after WW2, which reached its zenith after Soviet collapse. Mind you, Pax Britannica survived much longer, hence the observation from the ex MI6 cheif.

From purely and exclusively western civilization point of view, it seems Pax Americana will give way to Pax Judaica, while keeping the world multipolar as a whole going into the future. Just an observation.

it certainly is logical to assume wars between countries could become more common.

In the past decade, from 2001-2011, America invaded 3 separate countries in the Middle East. Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

Not to mention the bombing, cruise missiles and drone strikes against countless other countries. Like Syria, Yemen, and even Pakistan itself!

Ask anyone in the world, what have been the major wars of the past decade? They will all say Iraq and Afghanistan.

The world is rife with war, mostly started by the USA itself.

As America continues to decline, and the world becomes more multi-polar, will wars decrease? Maybe not, but it can hardly be worse than it already is.

In the past decade, from 2001-2011, America invaded 3 separate countries in the Middle East. Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

Not to mention the bombing, cruise missiles and drone strikes against countless other countries. Like Syria, Yemen, and even Pakistan itself!

Ask anyone in the world, what have been the major wars of the past decade? They will all say Iraq and Afghanistan.

The world is rife with war, mostly started by the USA itself.

As America continues to decline, and the world becomes more multi-polar, will wars decrease? Maybe not, but it can hardly be worse than it already is.

The US wasn't the main force in Libya. That's like saying we are the main force in Syria. Plus we didn't go into Afghanistan on a lark because we were after oil or something.

The US wasn't the main force in Libya. That's like saying we are the main force in Syria. Plus we didn't go into Afghanistan on a lark because we were after oil or something.

I notice you missed out the biggest one of all, Iraq?

Nuclear weapons have already prevented wars between major powers. But in terms of major powers attacking minor powers, America has got that covered, and likely will continue to do so long after today.

No one is saying that America will implode. BUT, you wont see their emissaries going about telling the smaller nations that "either you are with us or against us". As I said, America will go in shell trying to protect its own interests and internal issues, which will leave states like India is a no mans lands who basically, since 9/11 have been using American shoulder to fire their guns.

For the argument sake, you can create a new topic here to discuss your "what if" scenario where China implodes and how that will effect Pakistan. In the meantime, we can discuss the "realities" of today's geopolitics where according to American's own biggest ally ex intel cheif, America has lots it mojo and how it will leave India in a lurch.

Interestingly, US has been a big supporter and supplier for Pakistan and erstwhile West Pakistan owes her existence to uncle Sam in 70s and early 80s. Also, I am yet to see a US fighter in IAF while PAF is a major F-16 customer. India for most of time has been out of America's geopolitical favour. I do not remember USA sending USS Enterprise to India's help. India had all the help they need from Russia.

If it is about trade, the country which will feel the worst brunt of US isolationism will be China and that will not because of fall of exports but because of massive corporate debt they are running.

Interestingly, US has been a big supporter and supplier for Pakistan and erstwhile West Pakistan owes her existence to uncle Sam in 70s and early 80s. Also, I am yet to see a US fighter in IAF while PAF is a major F-16 customer. India for most of time has been out of America's geopolitical favour. I do not remember USA sending USS Enterprise to India's help. India had all the help they need from Russia.

If it is about trade, the country which will feel the worst brunt of US isolationism will be China and that will not because of fall of exports but because of massive corporate debt they are running.

You are going way back in past which has got no bearing on the present geopolitical landscape. Pakistan SSG was killing Russian Spetnaz in the valleys of Afghanistan and now, few months ago, they were both training together in Pakistan. West Pakistan "owing" its exsisting to Uncle Sam? What kind of history they are teaching you in India? You may also not remember that at the time when Chinese were spanking the Indian forces in 1962, JFK send a memo to then Pakistani president Ayub strictly telling him not to open Kashmir front at the time when India was at most vulnerable situation on eastern front. The problem with Indians is they live in their bollywood fantasy not realizing the actual geopolitics. There are reasons why India sits on top as a receiving nation of USAID, bypassing Israel as well. The love affair between India and Yanks have always been there, which came out in open back in early 90s and which took the real sinister design after 9/11. How Afghan soil was used to destabilized Pakistan through the use of terrorism is open secret now. Pak-US relationship have been marriage of convenience on the other hand, where each side exploiting for their own purpose. We have been among the most sanctioned "ally" of america and those F-16s you mentioned have been embargoed many times over.

As for China, they wont give damn about US isolationism as far as trade goes, for them the space left by Americans on geopolitics is the prized asset.

As for India, it happily jumped on American bandwagon when it signed on PNAC. Things are starting to unravel now. I do remember Late Gen (R) Hamid Gul predicting this years ago. What a foresight the man had.

You are going way back in past which has got no bearing on the present geopolitical landscape. Pakistan SSG was killing Russian Spetnaz in the valleys of Afghanistan and now, few months ago, they were both training together in Pakistan. West Pakistan "owing" its exsisting to Uncle Sam? What kind of history they are teaching you in India? You may also not remember that at the time when Chinese were spanking the Indian forces in 1962, JFK send a memo to then Pakistani president Ayub strictly telling him not to open Kashmir front at the time when India was at most vulnerable situation on eastern front. The problem with Indians is they live in their bollywood fantasy not realizing the actual geopolitics. There are reasons why India sits on top as a receiving nation of USAID, bypassing Israel as well. The love affair between India and Yanks have always been there, which came out in open back in early 90s and which took the real sinister design after 9/11. How Afghan soil was used to destabilized Pakistan through the use of terrorism is open secret now. Pak-US relationship have been marriage of convenience on the other hand, where each side exploiting for their own purpose. We have been among the most sanctioned "ally" of america and those F-16s you mentioned have been embargoed many times over.

As for China, they wont give damn about US isolationism as far as trade goes, for them the space left by Americans on geopolitics is the prized asset.

As for India, it happily jumped on American bandwagon when it signed on PNAC. Things are starting to unravel now. I do remember Late Gen (R) Hamid Gul predicting this years ago. What a foresight the man had.

I wonder what kind of love affair India had with USA when they were slapped with grinding sanctions by USA in 1998 after their nuclear test. As for Chinese, they are much wiser than people of the subcontinent. When they saw US was getting free from Cuban Missile crisis, they withdrew; to fight some other time of their own choice. USA, FYI, never intervened for benefit of India; only due to her fear of communism. USA, as you might have learnt by now, is looking for their own best interests. As far as US AID goes, per capita Pakistan receives much higher AID compared to India.

As for support of terrorism, your very own favourite Hamid Gul once famously said to Bhutto "Madam, keeping Punjab destabilized is equivalent to the Pakistan army having an extra division at no cost to the taxpayers." . I guess India's payback is justified. Wonder what happened to his foresight back then.

China certainly gives a lot of damn about their trade. America's policy in coming years is yet to be seen. From the looks of it, they may focus more on pacific after consolidating their assets spread all over the world. This region is the core of their geopolitical interests due to likes of Japan and South Korea.

I wonder what kind of love affair India had with USA when they were slapped with grinding sanctions by USA in 1998 after their nuclear test. As for Chinese, they are much wiser than people of the subcontinent. When they saw US was getting free from Cuban Missile crisis, they withdrew; to fight some other time of their own choice. USA, FYI, never intervened for benefit of India; only due to her fear of communism. USA, as you might have learnt by now, is looking for their own best interests. As far as US AID goes, per capita Pakistan receives much higher AID compared to India.

As for support of terrorism, your very own favourite Hamid Gul once famously said to Bhutto "Madam, keeping Punjab destabilized is equivalent to the Pakistan army having an extra division at no cost to the taxpayers." . I guess India's payback is justified. Wonder what happened to his foresight back then.

China certainly gives a lot of damn about their trade. America's policy in coming years is yet to be seen. From the looks of it, they may focus more on pacific after consolidating their assets spread all over the world. This region is the core of their geopolitical interests due to likes of Japan and South Korea.

Those "grinding" sanctions effected Pakistan more then India. Ever heard of Pressler amendment? Isnt it ironic that NSG which was made just after the so called "smiling Buddha" test of 1974 by India, America is hell bend to let India into its folds. That love affair is always been there sunshine. You just have to smell the coffee. I have already given you the example of JFK threatening Ayub Khan not to open western front in Kashmir while India was getting the tonking by Chinese on eastern front. With regards to USAID, per capita is irrelevant considering that most of time of its existence, India has been part of Soviet block, and despite that it manage to mint AID from US. Another strange anomaly.

If you are moaning about Punjab, what you lot were doing in east Pakistan way before that ? How far in history you want to go? India behavior is nothing short of animal tbh, if the likes of you justify killing of more the 50K Pakistani citizens in different terrorist activities on the streets of Pakistan, as payback. We atleast have some mortal and ethics.

Remember this, when you have control over geopolitics, you can trade on your terms. As for Americans, they have been focusing on Pacific to encircle China for years, infact Obama's "Asia pivot" strategy was all about that. but it is all is crumbling down now as Pacific nations simply dont want to be part of this non sense. Philippines is a classic example of this. Trump has nominated governor of Iowa as the new Chinese ambassador who happen to be personal friend of Xi. Being a businessman all trump want is trade concessions from China and in return he will roll up this Asia pivot non sense. Which in turn will make utility of states like India more or less redundant who were marketing themselves as the bulwark against Chinese expansion.

I haven't the foggiest idea what a "futurist" is, and frankly, I don't think I would put much stock in what they say, but I for one, hope that my country does develop a much smaller footprint in the world. We Americans have gotten so used to be the "world's superpower" since the end of WW2 and more exclusively, since the end of the Cold War, that we forget that being a global superpower, with a huge standing military, stationed all over the world, intervening in country after country, was the last thing that our republic’s Founding Fathers ever wanted for us! President Thomas Jefferson put it clearly when he stated that the United States should pursue...

"Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none."

We need to go back to that. Get our military out of Europe where they have not had any real purpose since 1991. Let Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Australia, etc. defend Asia and themselves. Get out of the Middle East where we have been mostly successful at completely destabilizing the entire region since 2003, turning it into a cauldron of violence and anti-Americanism. We have to stop trying to be the world's policeman where are track record has been abysmal. We have enough problems at home to work on.

Our Founders intended for the United States armed forces to be used for one purpose...to defend the United States of America, and nothing else. We had every reason to go into Afghanistan in 2001, because we were directly attacked from there, but other than that, we should stay out of other countries' business and not meddle in their internal affairs.

I haven't the foggiest idea what a "futurist" is, and frankly, I don't think I would put much stock in what they say, but I for one, hope that my country does develop a much smaller footprint in the world. We Americans have gotten so used to be the "world's superpower" since the end of WW2 and more exclusively, since the end of the Cold War, that we forget that being a global superpower, with a huge standing military, stationed all over the world, intervening in country after country, was the last thing that our republic’s Founding Fathers ever wanted for us! President Thomas Jefferson put it clearly when he stated that the United States should pursue...

"Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none."

We need to go back to that. Get our military out of Europe where they have not had any real purpose since 1991. Let Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Australia, etc. defend Asia and themselves. Stop trying to be the world's policeman where are track record has been abysmal. We have enough problems at home to work on.

Our Founders intended for the United States armed forces to be intended for one purpose...to defend the United States of America, and nothing else. We had every reason to go into Afghanistan in 2001, because we were directly attacked from there, but other than that, we should stay out of other countries' business and not meddle in their internal affairs.

Yes, but US isolationism in the past has created more problems for the world than it has solved.

Back
Top Bottom