What's new

US Politics

funny, I think the opposite when i think of Hillary and Sanders. Hillary is the centrist candidate and is one of the few candidates that has the ability to reach across the isle both due to perception and actual experience. She isn't the best candidate, but compared to the extremists (on the American political spectrum) of Trump and Sanders, she is the better choice, and imo the likely winner.

Sanders would essentially be a dead presidency, as congress would shut down any and all of his domestic initiatives. I mean just look at Obama, and people expect Sanders to do better? His views would literally require a sea change in congressional politics and people, and I haven't heard him provide any support or even just point to any new senators or congressmen who would support his ideas. He basically isn't planning the change that Washington would actually need to get his plans passed. Change in Washington doesn't come with a president, it comes with Congress (which makes me laugh when presidential candidates say they will change Washington and people believe them) The President isn't a dictator, he can't rule by fiat. I'm not even sure if Sanders has a roadmap in place beyond the talk.

I'm not even going to bother with Trump, both Sanders and Trump are demagogues as far as I can see. Hillary lacks the charm that Bill Clinton had, but still she is the best candidate for president of those 3.

It is possible that the criticism of Hilary is somewhat unfair given her history with Clinton but lacking information (which they guard very secretively) it is impossible to not extrapolate. iMO she doesn't come of as a person who can lead anything. A person that just sways with the wind will be dangerous to the world.

Trump was an embarrassment last night. Talk about a clownshow...

I'm not a huge fan of Clinton, but given her wealth of experience I can tolerate her for 4 years.

Rubio and Kasich seem to be the only Republicans with any sense. Unfortunately, their being drowned out by nuts like Trump and Cruz.

It is all but confirmed that Trump is going to be the Republican nominee and Hillary the democrat nominee. Trump because Ted Cruz is a fanatic, Rubio got destroyed, Kasich too mild and almost certain to drop out along Carson after SC. Hillary because she has the super delegates almost all of them with her along with a major chunk of Black and Latino vote.

Among Hillary and Trump it is a no Brainer specially considering how the demographic profile of US has changed and the complete weight of establishment against Trump. Even the GOP leaders are gonna pitch in for Hillary rather than Trumo

I support Bernie Sanders from Democrats and Jeb Bush from Republicans.

It is all but confirmed that Trump is going to be the Republican nominee and Hillary the democrat nominee. Trump because Ted Cruz is a fanatic, Rubio got destroyed, Kasich too mild and almost certain to drop out along Carson after SC. Hillary because she has the super delegates almost all of them with her along with a major chunk of Black and Latino vote.

Among Hillary and Trump it is a no Brainer specially considering how the demographic profile of US has changed and the complete weight of establishment against Trump. Even the GOP leaders are gonna pitch in for Hillary rather than Trumo

Agreed, I still think Hillary is the favorite to win in November.

BTW, welcome to PDF!

I just hope it isn't Trump vs. Sanders, where either way we are stuck with a loon for 4 years. I would take almost anyone else but those two.

I don't think the Republicans will choose Trump. I'm guessing it will be Rubio.

The Democrat leadership will try and impose Hillary which is going to lead to a major rupture with a large number of Democrats.

I don't think the Republicans will choose Trump. I'm guessing it will be Rubio.

The Democrat leadership will try and impose Hillary which is going to lead to a major rupture with a large number of Democrats.
I think Cruz has a much better base with Republicans than Rubio. Though there is certainly a split with Democrats, a lot of Sanders supporters are not necessarily registered Democrats, same with Trump supporters.

I think Cruz has a much better base with Republicans than Rubio. Though there is certainly a split with Democrats, a lot of Sanders supporters are not necessarily registered Democrats, same with Trump supporters.

Cruz has a much stronger support base among the European Christian extremists.

I think that may lead to the majority opposing Cruz out of worries that this will coalesce against him all those people (including women worried about abortion rights) opposed to a Christian extremist as President.

Sanders will be rejected by Democrat leaders, which will lead to lots of protests until he will appear in public and ask people to unite behind Hilary yadda yadda yadda.

horseracegopsc-1.jpg

horseracedemsc-1.jpg

Poll: South Carolina still solidly for Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton - CBS News

It’s good to see that the majority of us agree that Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are not competent to lead our country.

Bty, Trump was the biggest loser in the debate, every time he opened his mouth he was booed loudly, serves him right.

David Fitzsimmons.jpg

FULL CBS GOP Debate, 9th Republican Presidential Debate
February 13, 2016 in South Carolina

Last edited:
Damn...another massive win for Donald Trump. GOP in disarray. They need to trim the field & get behind one establishment candidate if they want Trump out of the way. Get Bush, Kasich & Carson to pack their bags...& put all their might behind Marco Rubio... But I still think Cruz will play spoilsport, leaving a easy path for Trump.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom