What's new

US Politics

Today is election day in US. For those that are registered to vote, please do. As US citizens, we have a duty to participate in a democracy even though we are not obligated to. :usflag:

MSNBC Puts Florida Governor Race Vote-Total Graphic Onscreen A Wee Bit Early
by Erik Pedersen
and David Robb

November 5, 2018 6:31pm
msnbc-florida-governors-race.jpg

It’s the kind of goof that the folks who scream about “fake news” likely will scream about. MSNBC this evening briefly put a graphic onscreen that showed “vote counts” for the Florida gubernatorial race — you know, the one being held tomorrow.

MSNBC screenshot
“Quick clarification here,” a rather embarrassed All In host Chris Hayes told viewers. “Just want to say, earlier this hour, uh, we showed a graphic of the Florida gubernatorial race. May have caught your eye because our system had inadvertently populated some test numbers. Obviously, we do not yet have any vote totals here, the night before the election. That was a misfire. Don’t worry. I was pretty confused when I saw it up there, to see it myself.”

And, of course, MSNBC had Democrat Andrew Gillum leading the GOP’s Ron DeSantis by six-tenths of a percentage point with 99% of the ballots counted.

It’s going to be a long day and night in America — and, to a lesser extent, around the world — on Tuesday, so stick with Deadline for coverage of the key national races along with what’s going on here in California.

That is, except while you’re out casting your vote in one on the most important midterm elections in recent memory.

Happy election day! :usflag:

I voted this morning, have you?

Keep in mind, it’s a privilege that many people in the world don’t have.

Make your voice heard.

Every vote counts.

Cheers!

======================================

5be14e75743a4.image.jpg

Its almost here folks. In just a couple of hours, the one poll that really counts. polls close in Kentucky and Indiana at 6:00 pm Eastern. On presidential elections, nobody cares about these states, but this year there is a very close senate race in Indiana and a tight House race in Kentucky. These races could determine whether there will actually be a blue wave. I'll try and keep you guys updated.

update 6:50 Eastern: Braun approximately 25 points ahead of Donnely, Andy Barr and McGrath are neck and neck

update 7:00 Eastern: With 1% in, Scott and DeSantis hold narrow leads in Florida

update 7:40 things don't look good for florida republicans right now

interesting that Desantis appears to be outperforming Scott. Also, Dems made their first pickup

the western panhanfle came in Desantis is in lead with less than 20 percent

8:15 O Rourke is surprisingly leading in texas

desantis up 0.5 with 90 percent in

dems got another pickup in the house

Repubs might actually win florida and beto might actually win texas. Dems have a good chane of taking the house.

Back
Top Bottom