What's new

US & Pakistan Dispute and Tensions over Haqqani group

Please add Cameron Munter too!

Pakistan: Haqqani Militant Network Has Ties With Government, Ambassador

ISLAMABAD — The U.S. ambassador to Islamabad said in remarks broadcast Saturday that there is evidence linking the Haqqani insurgent network to the Pakistani government, a charge that could raise tensions in an already strained anti-terror alliance between Washington and Islamabad.

U.S. officials have long suspected links between the Pakistan military and the Haqqani network.

But needing Pakistani cooperation to beat al-Qaida and stabilize Afghanistan, they rarely say so publicly and as directly as Ambassador Cameron Munter did in an interview with Radio Pakistan that was broadcast Saturday.

"The attack that took place in Kabul a few days ago, that was the work of the Haqqani Network," Munter said during the interview. "And the facts, that we have said in the past, (is) that there are problems, there is evidence linking the Haqqani network to the Pakistan government. This is something that must stop."

Officers say that making enemies of the Haqqanis now could tip the country into even greater turmoil.

The army also believes it will be able to use the group, with which it has ties going back to the U.S.-backed resistance against Soviet rule in Afghanistan, to ensure its archenemy India does not gain a foothold there once the American troops leave.

--------------

I felt this deserved another thread, but I already suffer from an infraction.

Well, my say here corresponds with my last post - The US has a very strong card up its sleeves.

It is time for the ISI & Co. to roll up their sleeves and get in action to counter the US, that is, if they are confident that they are smart enough.

Splitting hair now?? Isnt the Prime minister of Afghanistan an Afghan ?? We guys keep fighting on everything under the sun, but should atleast agree on respecting the uniform. If nothing else, atleast because this is a defence forum ...

He is a US puppet more or less, and he only controls Kabul.

Still though, doesn't change the fact that US soldiers are invaders in Afghanistan, not on some peace mission. I am really surprised I am having to tell the difference between the two. Shouldn't be having to tell such elemental difference.

:rofl: :rofl: both have nothing to do..they are here 24/7, liking each other's post..:lol:

bombay boy you are so right! So big of you on here to be a super warrior. Bet in real life you wouldnt show your face in public. Why are you obsessed with putting poor qualteee posts on a Pakistani site. Is it coz you wana be a **** and you cant be? Come on little boy stop dreaming of obsession.
Back to the thread i believe the express tribune is a valued source of quality news.

You remember the man who killed 100 boys in Pakistan :agree:

come on we are not homophobes. are we?? doesnt matter how many homos we have...every one is free to live their life freely in incredible India !!

bombay boy you are so right! So big of you on here to be a super warrior. Bet in real life you wouldnt show your face in public. Why are you obsessed with putting poor qualteee posts on a Pakistani site. Is it coz you wana be a **** and you cant be? Come on little boy stop dreaming of obsession.
Back to the thread i believe the express tribune is a valued source of quality news.

lol..pathetic reply mohamaad kaif !! this is what they taught you in pakistani madarsa?? galat baat

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom