What's new

US Navy Starts Search For 6th Generation Fighter

More like a 5.5 gen aircraft... I wouldn't call it 6th gen until it can turn invisible to the eye....

while advancements in meta materials make that a possibility beyond 2030. A more probable proven technology is meta materials that absorb all electromagnetic radiation.

A New Engineered Stealth Metamaterial is the Blackest Ever | Popular Science

"A new blacker-than-black metamaterial absorbs almost all the light that hits it, heralding a new breed of stealth technology.

The material's internal structure absorbs almost all the electromagnetic radiation in a particular range, New Scientist reports. Ordinary black objects, by contrast, always reflect a bit of light. The material could be applied to all parts of the electromagnetic spectrum, meaning it could be used to make materials invisible to radar."

"Narimanov told New Scientist the technology would likely be used to build radar-proof stealth equipment."

With a junk like F-35 with numerous technical issues yet to be solved and running years behind schedule yet to go for mass production, US is talking about 6th gen alien fighters.:cheesy: And why
do they even need such a thing when they are clearly 10-15 years ahead than russia/china. Its
this greed for power that will cause the downfall of US not some imaginary enemy like Russia/china/
Iran.

With a junk like F-35 with numerous technical issues yet to be solved and running years behind schedule yet to go for mass production, US is talking about 6th gen alien fighters.:cheesy: And why
do they even need such a thing when they are clearly 10-15 years ahead than russia/china. Its
this greed for power that will cause the downfall of US not some imaginary enemy like Russia/china/
Iran.

.......................................... you pathetic troll:cheesy: :hitwall::woot:........ yes we should promote f-7bgi as 6th gen jet........ have you eva seen any jet ????? you are questioning USA technology advancement???? even chinese , russian won't do that buddy......

Iran.
:rofl::rofl: your country opting for f7 wat is it, tenth generation ?:lol:

Iran.
Yep and if the j-20 doesn't have any problem then it is junk, do us a favor and get off this thread you troll.

troll.jpg

I am confused.

Wasn't the F-35 suppose to replace the F-18?

I am confused.

Wasn't the F-35 suppose to replace the F-18?
There are three versions F-35A, F-35B, and F-35C the f-35A is a Ctol aircraft and is supposed to be in the air force it replaces the f-16, the f-35B is the STOVL aircraft and is supposed to be in the Marine Corps replacing the harrier, the f-35C the carrier version is supposed to replace the f-18, and it is in the navy.

Yep and if the j-20 doesn't have any problem then it is junk, do us a favor and get off this thread you troll.

troll.jpg

he can't get away bro...... any info about... what kinda technology going to use in 6th gen......

he can't get away bro...... any info about... what kinda technology going to use in 6th gen......
the USAF seeks a fighter with "enhanced capabilities in areas such as reach, persistence, survivability, net-centricity, situational awareness, human-system integration and weapons effects," a November 4, 2010 presolicitation notice states. “The future system will have to counter adversaries equipped with next generation advanced electronic attack, sophisticated integrated air defense systems, passive detection, integrated self-protection, directed energy weapons, and cyber attack capabilities. It must be able to operate in the anti-access/area-denial environment that will exist in the 2030–50 time frame I heard that the f-35 is going to have lazers! :usflag:

if the US can fund 6th generation fighters programs by 2030

The US lead will close. US population are changing. There are more hispanics and non-white folks than ever. US brainpower will decline because the US general school systems is horrible. Not only that much of the researcher in the US will be Chinese/Asian. What will be learned in the US, will be transported to China.

China will grow more powers which will lead US to be increasely paranoid and could put pressure on ordinary Chinese American, make these people even less patriotics. When non-white becomes the majority in the US, all hell will break lose, as white people grasp to maintain their power. Even now, many American eyes are open to their corrupt governments and hypocrisy around the world. People are less patriotic and upbeat about America than ever. Senseless gun crimes are happening everyday. American as a beacon of freedom no longer exists. The American dream no longer exist. After the last decades, people around the world are opening their eyes. No longer is Hollywood be able to pull a wool over people's eyes.

I don't see how the US can maintain its lead judging from the state of American economy, popular culture, education systems, and demographics changes.

you really are looking at America though the eyes of Barack Obama. Its time to vote him out.

The US lead will close. US population are changing. There are more hispanics and non-white folks than ever. US brainpower will decline because the US general school systems is horrible. Not only that much of the researcher in the US will be Chinese/Asian. What will be learned in the US, will be transported to China.

:offtopic: Their education system is in fact very good. It is just that many American kids don't study enough.....

The US will have the technology lead for a pretty long time.

There are three versions F-35A, F-35B, and F-35C the f-35A is a Ctol aircraft and is supposed to be in the air force it replaces the f-16, the f-35B is the STOVL aircraft and is supposed to be in the Marine Corps replacing the harrier, the f-35C the carrier version is supposed to replace the f-18, and it is in the navy.

Thats what I thought.

Then why is US Navy searching for a 6th Generation fighter when the Fifth Generation fighter hasn't even been deployed yet and why did they say it will replace the F-18?

Shouldn't the 6th Generation fighter replace the F-35?

Would you rather chose Mitt romney, I donno who to chose.

Vote for Obama. He's good for my country.

Iran.

The F-35 is not 'junk'. It's avionics are the best in the world.

It's just that the price tag is just too heavy for the type. Thanks to project delays.

Thats what I thought.

Then why is US Navy searching for a 6th Generation fighter when the Fifth Generation fighter hasn't even been deployed yet and why did they say it will replace the F-18?

Shouldn't the 6th Generation fighter replace the F-35?

I think the 6th generation ones will complement with F-35s. The latter is kind of like the workhorse of the future. Much like the F-16.

Though, I may be wrong. Those people announce things too early enough to generate too much attention!

Back
Top Bottom