US Navy’s Seventh Fleet Commander arrives in Kochi

Srinivas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
US Navy’s Seventh Fleet Commander arrives in Kochi

US-Navy.jpg

Vice Admiral Scott H Swift, Commander of the Seventh Fleet of the United States Navy, arrived here on Tuesday for a two-day visit. The Vice Admiral is in India as the Co-chair of the Indo-US Navy Executive Steering Group.

Vice Admiral Scott Swift called on Vice Admiral Satish Soni, Commanding-in-Chief of Southern Naval Command.

Later he visited the training facilities at the Southern Naval Command.

Other programmes scheduled for the visiting US Admiral include a brief exposure to the state’s traditional performing arts.

The visit is expected to facilitate professional and social bonding between the senior leadership of the two Naval forces. Swift will leave for New Delhi on Wednesday.

The Seventh Fleet is the largest of the United States Navy, with around 70 ships, at least 300 aircraft and approximately 40,000 sailors and marines operating in a day.

US Navy

how come there r 300 jets in 7th fleet, can US super carriers can carry 300 jets or does it has more than one AC???:what:

I always thought there was only one USS Enterprise in 7th fleet, can anybody shed some light here....:undecided:

@Abingdonboy @arp2041

Last edited by a moderator:
how come there r 300 jets in 7th fleet, can US super carriers can carry 300 jets or does it has more than one AC???:what:

I always thought there was only one USS Enterprise in 7th fleet, can anybody shed some light here....:undecided:

@Abingdonboy @arp2041
@Yogi USN 7th fleet comprise of its forces in Pacific as well as Indian Ocean, they have huge base in Okinawa, Japan & other areas. Maybe they include 4-5 carriers & each carrier has a carrier complement of 75 ac being a super carrier.

@Abingdonboy @arp2041

USS George Washington is presently attached to the 7th fleet. In fact, it is the only forward deployed carrier at present in the entire USN.

USS Enterprise was inactivated from service in 2012, and is undergoing the process of decommissioning. Presently, she is being cut open and dismantled block by block in Norfolk, Virginia.

The harpies of the shore shall pluck
The eagle of the sea!

I am surprised the commies have not started crawling out of the woodwork to protest. They have a strong presence in kerela.

Includes helis, refuelers, P-3C Orion and EP-3 Aries II etc most of which are not stationed on ACC.

Back
Top Bottom