What's new

US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy

I already quoted you and responded on that issue. Most countries can't even build a B2 bomber. Or in another case a B1 bomber which Russia has built something similar and theres only a few of them. In any case on the issue of cost its of course expensive and only 3 being built, but I wouldn't underestimate such destroyer in guise of a battlecruiser. The technologies on it are something countries would like to get its hand on of course.
Granted. The Zumwalt is a $$$$$$3.bbbbbbbbbbillion toy. what good is it if it is just a marker of the US's might?
Will the US send the Zumwalt to the Ukrine conflict? No. Because it is just a toy.

Last edited:
Did I say it is useless?
Please please quote me.

Most countries could whip up a boat like zumwalt for say 1/2 a billion bucks without all those bells and whistles. One could have SIX boats for that price.
Looks like the Canadian edukashun system really failed you here.

You cannot built a boat like the Z without all the 'bells and whistles' and still call those boats equals to the Z. Those 'bells and whistles' are what distinguishes the Z from other warships. It is not the hull design alone, not the electronics alone, not the weapons alone, but all of them together and how they integrate with each other to function efficiently.

Meh..

Chinese radars can easily detect this ship and sink it even easier :coffee:

Just another overrated weapon like the F-117
You know american radars can also find chinese ships and destroy them as well. Works both ways buddy.

Looks like the Canadian edukashun system really failed you here.

You cannot built a boat like the Z without all the 'bells and whistles' and still call those boats equals to the Z. Those 'bells and whistles' are what distinguishes the Z from other warships. It is not the hull design alone, not the electronics alone, not the weapons alone, but all of them together and how they integrate with each other to function efficiently.

So you have the flashest hot rod of the block. What are you going to do with it?
Go against Russia? Against China?
Let just say this toy of yours could sink 15 Chinese boats. It is not what your Z could do, it is the consequences of what it had done.
Do you think China would just say OK you have a bigger dick and forget about it?

You big toy will not come close to any Chinese boat or a Russian boat other than a shiny toy you can look at.

If you are going against a second rate country or a third rate country, you don't need your big toy. It is an overkill.

Yea, really brilliant. Want to take that boat of your to the Black Sea for a tryout, boy?

So you have the flashest hot rod of the block. What are you going to do with it?
Let just say this toy of yours could sink 15 Chinese boats. It is not what your Z could do, it is the consequences of what it had done.
Do you think China would just say OK you have a bigger dick and forget about it?

You big toy will not come close to any Chinese boat or a Russian boat other than a shiny toy you can look at.

If you are going against a second rate country or a third rate country, you don't need your big toy. It is an overkill.

Yea, really brilliant. Want to take that boat of your to the Black Sea for a tryout, boy?
Yeah...Am sure you speak from extensive naval experience.

Wait a minute...Canada does not have any 'real' navy to start...:lol:

It's fun to have nice stuff. Ya' never know. We might eventually have to bitch-slap one of them guys.

EVERYONE knows Chinese have little weiners. Come on, there's a million jokes...:rofl:

And their rust buckets won't get near the Z. Besides, the U.S. is a 'blue water' navy. We go to the 'deep end', unlike the other two.

Too late. Russia IS a second rate power. That's why Vladi is pulling these stunts in the Ukraine, out of weakness. He sees NATO circling. So they slap around some Georgians and Ukrainians. And the Chinese are taking on a tough Dali Lama.

We have other stuff there now. But we mostly play in the ocean. Where the REAL navies go.

Yeah...Am sure you speak from extensive naval experience.

Wait a minute...Canada does not have any 'real' navy to start...:lol:

No you are right. Canada has only a few rusty buckets and a couple of leaky subs. The flashy Z of yours is not going to use against your poor cousin in the North, are you?

So give me a sce·nar·i·o that the SUPA POWA would use the flashy Z in.

US shows again why they stand at the top in terms of military technology and power. That ship is a beauty.

We have other stuff there now. But we mostly play in the ocean. Where the REAL navies go.

I don't dispute the US has the best equipped Navy. Only a fool would disagree.
What I am saying is the flashy Z and other new toys of yours are a waste of money (not my business). There is no sce·nar·i·o that the US would have to use such a lethal weapon.
By the time (say 50 years from now) the US would use it, it will be old and updated. So you have spent 3b smackers on a boat that is going to just be floating in the big bathtub for you to admire.

Offshore cover and base for a special ops raid, Bin Laden-type thing. Spying..... Mine laying......wet t-shirt contests on deck.....:usflag:

I'll take the wet shirt contests any day - only those with the proper plumbings.

I don't dispute the US has the best equipped Navy. Only a fool would disagree.
What I am saying is the flashy Z and other new toys of yours are a waste of money (not my business). There is no sce·nar·i·o that the US would have to use such a lethal weapon.
By the time (say 50 years from now) the US would use it, it will be old and updated. So you have spent 3b smackers on a boat that is going to just be floating in the big bathtub for you to admire.

It's better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Its not that you need to kill if you got the big gun, sometimes big gun scare away the potential bullies or help you being a bully.

When US do act, rest watch on sidelines. These toys help US get even the dirtier work done without much of global cry.

It's better to have and not need than to need and not have.
That is how Canadians sees US. Better to have the Americans and not need their muscles than to need US but not have anyone. They have been living like this for decades so it is bound to produce some resentment, jealousy, envy, and even hatred, of US.

That is how chinese-Canadians sees US. Better to have the Americans and not need their muscles than to need US but not have anyone. They have been living like this for decades so it is bound to produce some resentment, jealousy, envy, and even hatred, of US.
Fixed for you!

Back
Top Bottom