What's new

US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy

Advancement in technology is a great achievement indeed. But then same type of claims were made about F-117 when it appeared. It was later found out that low tech Czech radars were able to detect the F-117s.

Technology has downside too. F-22 Raptors are reported to undergo expensive maintenance to keep its stealthy paint surface in prime condition.

As technology becomes more mature, perhaps these issues can gradually be addressed.
All your arguments against the F-117 and the F-22 have been debunked before.

As for the Zumwalt...

radar_ticon_zumwalt_zps738fc556.jpg

The white squares represents how radars sees most ships, civilian or military. The black squares would be the Z. Now add in sea clutter or even active countermeasures and good luck in finding the Z.

As for the Zumwalt...

The white squares represents how radars sees most ships, civilian or military. The black squares would be the Z. Now add in sea clutter or even active countermeasures and good luck in finding the Z.

professor gambit :) gracias

As for the Zumwalt...

What is that technology that suppresses the wake of the ship? How does it work?

This ability of this big white elephant is overblown just as like Obumbo's warnings to Putin. There are more than one way to detect a vessel. Using the traditional radar is one of many. Object detection technology keeps evolving and improving. To spend this insane amount of money on a boat is only good for the MIC, and the big brass in the DoD.

Nothing to see or to fear or to applaud. Just a ugly boat with some fancy coatings.

This ability of this big white elephant is overblown just as like Obumbo's warnings to Putin. There are more than one way to detect a vessel. Using the traditional radar is one of many. Object detection technology keeps evolving and improving. To spend this insane amount of money on a boat is only good for the MIC, and the big brass in the DoD.

Nothing to see or to fear or to applaud. Just a ugly boat with some fancy coatings.
how-butthurt.jpg

And yet other navies are designing and building ships based on the Arleigh Burke design to reduce radar signature. Why would they do that if its useless against radars? Do we need to start posting pics of such designs? The Zumwalt is designed further on that philosophy.

And yet other navies are designing and building ships based on the Arleigh Burke design to reduce radar signature. Why would they do that if its useless against radars? Do we need to start posting pics of such designs? The Zumwalt is designed further on that philosophy.

No You don't oldman. A boat is just a tool. A Colt 45 is as good as a Lugar.
It is the WILL that counts.

No You don't oldman. A boat is just a tool. A Colt 45 is as good as a Lugar.
It is the WILL that counts.

Okay whatever you said. Anyways you claim its just some big boat thats useless using traditional radar to find it. Same as saying stealth airplanes are useless with advances in radar technology yet countries like China and Russia are still developing such fighters. I guess they are elephants as well. Same as the F22s.

Okay whatever you said. Anyways you claim its just some big boat thats useless using traditional radar to find it. Same as saying stealth airplanes are useless with advances in radar technology yet countries like China and Russia are still developing such fighters. I guess they are elephants as well. Same as the F22s.

Did I say it is useless?
Please please quote me.

Most countries could whip up a boat like zumwalt for say 1/2 a billion bucks without all those bells and whistles. One could have SIX boats for that price.

Did I say it is useless?
Please please quote me.

Most countries could whip up a boat like zumwalt for say 1/2 a billion bucks without all those bells and whistles. One could have SIX boats for that price.

I already quoted you and responded on that issue. Most countries can't even build a B2 bomber. Or in another case a B1 bomber which Russia has built something similar and theres only a few of them. In any case on the issue of cost its of course expensive and only 3 being built, but I wouldn't underestimate such destroyer in guise of a battlecruiser. The technologies on it are something countries would like to get its hand on of course.

Back
Top Bottom