What's new

US naval move in Australia may help India take on China

I'm sorry, but the last time I checked JAPAN- home to the only USN SUPERCARRIER deployed outside mainland US with ~100 military bases and 30,000+ US military personal, was closer to China than Australia. 2,000-3,000 US Marines sounds a bit insignificant in this context. Or is it just me??

Is it only me or any other members here think, if US naval base in Australia is a threat to China. Can any one explain why its not a threat to India?

Any foreign military base weather its friendly or now friendly country next to your door is not a good news.

I believe, India should have same worry as Chinese.

Because if the US wants to attack India, it won't be from Australia, but from any of their carriers in the Indian Ocean, the Arabian Sea, their bases in the Arab countries and MOST OF ALL, Diego Garcia ! ! !

Placing additional troops, or naval capabilties in Australia has no meaning for Asian mainland but possibly future Asian interests. Imo it's more about the future control of the Antarctic area, since many countries have an aim on the resources there and having a naval base nearby is not a bad decision, in case you need to show your power.

First these analysts were saying that the threat from China to australia is somewhat mitigated by the distance (read 3000 miles). now all of a sudden, when american troops are stationed there, it becomes a threat ? LOL

Because if the US wants to attack India, it won't be from Australia, but from any of their carriers in the Indian Ocean, the Arabian Sea, their bases in the Arab countries and MOST OF ALL, Diego Garcia ! ! !

Placing additional troops, or naval capabilties in Australia has no meaning for Asian mainland but possibly future Asian interests. Imo it's more about the future control of the Antarctic area, since many countries have an aim on the resources there and having a naval base nearby is not a bad decision, in case you need to show your power.

This in my opinion purely aggressive tactics by US to playdown Chinese might in South China sea, in which Chinese naval ships had a standoff against US naval ship in 2009.

South China sea will be the next big discussion point in the coming years as Chinese claims most part theirs as against UN convention.

Chinese Ships Confront US Navy Vessel in Standoff Involving Fire Hoses amp Underwear - YouTube

Theres no U.S naval base being established in Australia.

The times of india article is false and full of misinformation. The Indian media has a tendancy to report things that are false. (i'm not saying this to insult Indians, but it is true)

Theres no U.S naval base being established in Australia.

The times of india article is false and full of misinformation. The Indian media has a tendancy to report things that are false. (i'm not saying this to insult Indians, but it is true)

Finally i agree with that you said, TOI is just not practicing the professional journalism. :tdown:

Back
Top Bottom