What's new

US military chief nominee warns Iran

The proposed defense budget for 2012 is about $671 billion, far more than that of any other country.

What the hell are they going to do with increased defense budget!!?

What the hell are they going to do with increased defense budget!!?

Desperate attempt to stay more powerful than China for as long as possible.

Since 2001, a lot of extra money has been spent on defence as regards to China but terrorism has been used as the excuse. F-22s, F-35s, AEGIS destroyers and SSNs are not effective against terrorists.

You guys seriously have been hearing the wrong info.

the US treasury depart has less cash then the Apple corporation
The country's liquid assets are around 1.5 trillion

foreign debt >>> 14.3 TRILLION 100%+ of GDP
If the credit rating falls, we're gonna see that debt go up even faster b/c of increased interest rates.
They are already spending 200 billion more than they can make in revenue each month!!!

If not bankrupt then what? They will default sooner or later.

In other news:

Apple holding more cash than USA

Apple now has more cash to spend than the United States government.

Latest figures from the US Treasury Department show that the country has an operating cash balance of $73.7bn (£45.3bn).

Apple's most recent financial results put its reserves at $76.4bn.

The US House of Representatives is due to vote on a bill to raise the country's debt ceiling, allowing it to borrow more money to cover spending commitments.

If it fails to extend the current limit of $14.3 trillion dollars, the federal government could find itself struggling to make payments, and risks the loss of its AAA credit rating.

The United States is currently spending around $200bn more than it collects in revenue every month.

Warn??????
U.S.A is no position to warn any body as it is on the verge of bankruptcy.
Amazingly even that U.S.A is drowning in debt and unemployment, its habit of meddling with countries around is not cooling down :drag:

he is depressed may be because USA IS going to bankrupt lolz

the US treasury depart has less cash then the Apple corporation
The country's liquid assets are around 1.5 trillion

foreign debt >>> 14.3 TRILLION 100%+ of GDP
If the credit rating falls, we're gonna see that debt go up even faster b/c of increased interest rates.
They are already spending 200 billion more than they can make in revenue each month!!!

If not bankrupt then what? They will default sooner or later.
If the US goes down, the whole world goes down. Especially China. And for software employees like me, US going down would be the worst nightmare!!

If the US goes down, the whole world goes down. Especially China. And for software employees like me, US going down would be the worst nightmare!!

nope not really
we won't wake up one day and see the US falling off the cliff. It's gonna happen slowly, in fact it's already happening. By the end of the decade their dollar won't be the world reserve anymore and they won't be recieving loans at such low rates (thanks to the fall of their credit rating and other countries realizing that the US won't pay them back anytime soon). Indian might be affected at first, Canada will CERTAINLY be affected but Europe will still be there and China will replace the Americans, simple as that.

nope not really
we won't wake up one day and see the US falling off the cliff. It's gonna happen slowly, in fact it's already happening. By the end of the decade their dollar won't be the world reserve anymore and they won't be recieving loans at such low rates (thanks to the fall of their credit rating and other countries realizing that the US won't pay them back anytime soon). Indian might be affected at first, Canada will CERTAINLY be affected but Europe will still be there and China will replace the Americans, simple as that.

I believe Canada has done amazing and surprisingly well in these terrible economic depression in US.
I think Canada is going to enforce tough economic policies in the coming months in order to tackle any possible economic troubles that might fall after american's already falling economy.
In the long run it will help Canada but would Canada-US maintain the world's largest trading partnership we don't know yet.

I believe Canada has done amazing and surprisingly well in these terrible economic depression in US.
I think Canada is going to enforce tough economic policies in the coming months in order to tackle any possible economic troubles that might fall after american's already falling economy.
In the long run it will help Canada but would Canada-US maintain the world's largest trading partnership we don't know yet.
actually Canada has been very short seighted IMO
The govts over the years never built much relationship with the Chinese and othe Asian economies (and the rest of the world in generaal) because they had the US next door. Imagine your stock portfolio with only one stock in it. You will go bankrupt if anything happens to the stock. 75 percent of this country's exports go to the US and 70 percent of imports are from the US. If the US dollar goes down much more, Canadian exports will be hit hard. If the US completely goes under, then Canada can kiss its azz goodbye.

actually Canada has been very short seighted IMO
The govts over the years never built much relationship with the Chinese and othe Asian economies (and the rest of the world in generaal) because they had the US next door. Imagine your stock portfolio with only one stock in it. You will go bankrupt if anything happens to the stock. 75 percent of this country's exports go to the US and 70 percent of imports are from the US. If the US dollar goes down much more, Canadian exports will be hit hard. If the US completely goes under, then Canada can kiss its azz goodbye.

Hmm, i will probably lose my job if the Canadian economy collapses and go back to China. :D

lol why go that far

-Iran took more than 400 diplomats hostage for more than 1 year >> nothing
-Iran created hezbollah >> nothing
-Iran blew up a US compound in Leb killing 300 soldiers >> nothing
-Iran openly funds and trains hezbollah >> nothing
-Iran has took over Iraq and made it a puppet state while the Americans were occupying the country >> nothing
-Iranian backed militias are responsible for thousands of American deaths in Iraq >> nothing
-Iran is making life hard for israel >> nothing
-Iran has been sending missiles to Venezuela >>nothing
-the nuke issue >> nothing

the list goes on

32 years of nothing but threats and half arsed sanctions

Iran now has nuke and it also has the ASBM, it is a moderate military power.

So Iran is not in the picture like Libya.

Hmm, i will probably lose my job if the Canadian economy collapses and go back to China. :D

good plan
save me a spot on the plane lol

I srsly have lost hope here because I'm not even out of university
I won't start my career in NA knowing that in the coming decades things will be drastically different

Iran now has nuke and it also has the ASBM, it is a moderate military power.

So Iran is not in the picture like Libya.

we don't have a nuke yet but we certainly didn't have anything 30 years ago and that's the point. They talk the talk (americans) but never act on it.

Back
Top Bottom