What's new

US may think Bangladesh as enemy based on false media reports: FM Momen

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

US may think Bangladesh as enemy based on false media reports: FM​

United News of Bangladesh . Gopalganj | Published: 17:10, Oct 29,2022

1667052779841.jpeg

Foreign minister AK Abdul Momen pays homage to the country’s founding president Sheikh Mujibur Rahman by placing a wreath at his grave at Tungipara in Gopalganj, on Saturday. – UNB photo.

Foreign minister AK Abdul Momen on Saturday said that journalists had tried to make the United States Bangladesh’s enemy through misquoting him.

‘A total of 17 media outlets including print, electronic and online ones published headlines saying that I had mentioned the USA as a war-mongering country, which I didn’t say. The headings had no connection with what I had actually said. I think our journalists have weaknesses in them and I’ll be happy if they focus on gaining maturity,’ Momen said.

The minister said this after paying homage to the grave of Bangladesh’s founding president Sheikh Mujibur Rahman at Tungipara in Gopalganj on Saturday noon.

‘Through misrepresenting the facts, our journalists have tried to make the US our enemy. Either these journalists didn’t know Bangla properly, or they have done this for specific reasons. They need to do research why such low quality journalism prevails in the country,’ Momen added.

He said that he thought that the journalists of the country had weaknesses in them and they needed more maturity while writing and publishing news.

Momen said that the headlines of the reports were false, fabricated and imaginary.

The minister further said that the country’s journalism didn’t have standard and the journalists lack moral and ethical values.

‘It’s a shame for those journalists who wrote those false stories. It’s a thing to be sorry about,’ Momen said.

On October 26, Momen was reportedly misquoted by some media outlets after he spoke at the seminar ‘Sheikh Hasina at the United Nations’ organised by the Progressive Columnist Forum of Bangladesh at the Jatiya Press Club in the capital.

Later, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a rejoinder, saying that misleading and baseless news quoting Foreign Minister Momen sent a wrong message to the people and the government of the US.

‘Following the programme, some media outlets, including newspapers, online portals and television channels, ran news misquoting the foreign minister saying – ‘the US economy cannot function without war, the US is a war-mongering country, war keeps the US economy going, and Taiwan next for the US when the Ukraine war ends,’ the foreign ministry said.

‘The US thrives on war, and the country is always setting the stage for war.’ Such misleading and baseless news quoting Momen sent a wrong message to the people and the government of the US, the ministry said. ‘This is very unfortunate and unexpected.’

The foreign ministry requested the media outlets to retract the news and run the correct version of Momen’s statement.

US may think Bangladesh as enemy based on false media reports: FM​

United News of Bangladesh . Gopalganj | Published: 17:10, Oct 29,2022

View attachment 890522

Foreign minister AK Abdul Momen pays homage to the country’s founding president Sheikh Mujibur Rahman by placing a wreath at his grave at Tungipara in Gopalganj, on Saturday. – UNB photo.

Foreign minister AK Abdul Momen on Saturday said that journalists had tried to make the United States Bangladesh’s enemy through misquoting him.

‘A total of 17 media outlets including print, electronic and online ones published headlines saying that I had mentioned the USA as a war-mongering country, which I didn’t say. The headings had no connection with what I had actually said. I think our journalists have weaknesses in them and I’ll be happy if they focus on gaining maturity,’ Momen said.

The minister said this after paying homage to the grave of Bangladesh’s founding president Sheikh Mujibur Rahman at Tungipara in Gopalganj on Saturday noon.

‘Through misrepresenting the facts, our journalists have tried to make the US our enemy. Either these journalists didn’t know Bangla properly, or they have done this for specific reasons. They need to do research why such low quality journalism prevails in the country,’ Momen added.

He said that he thought that the journalists of the country had weaknesses in them and they needed more maturity while writing and publishing news.

Momen said that the headlines of the reports were false, fabricated and imaginary.

The minister further said that the country’s journalism didn’t have standard and the journalists lack moral and ethical values.

‘It’s a shame for those journalists who wrote those false stories. It’s a thing to be sorry about,’ Momen said.

On October 26, Momen was reportedly misquoted by some media outlets after he spoke at the seminar ‘Sheikh Hasina at the United Nations’ organised by the Progressive Columnist Forum of Bangladesh at the Jatiya Press Club in the capital.

Later, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a rejoinder, saying that misleading and baseless news quoting Foreign Minister Momen sent a wrong message to the people and the government of the US.

‘Following the programme, some media outlets, including newspapers, online portals and television channels, ran news misquoting the foreign minister saying – ‘the US economy cannot function without war, the US is a war-mongering country, war keeps the US economy going, and Taiwan next for the US when the Ukraine war ends,’ the foreign ministry said.

‘The US thrives on war, and the country is always setting the stage for war.’ Such misleading and baseless news quoting Momen sent a wrong message to the people and the government of the US, the ministry said. ‘This is very unfortunate and unexpected.’

The foreign ministry requested the media outlets to retract the news and run the correct version of Momen’s statement.
Alga Momen is stupid and unfit to run a retail shop. Yet, he is the foreign minister of a country called Bangladesh.

He has been saying so many undiplomatic things for the last few years. Now, he blames the media for misquoting him. Media people are educated and he is not.

Let me assure you that in the U.S. that I know, nobody becomes an enemy by vomiting some BS. We dearly love our Freedom of Speech and extend that courtesy to all the crazies of the world.

তখন বালের স্লোগান হবে: বীর বাঙ্গালী অস্ত্র ধর, আমেরিকার হোগা মার...

Let me assure you that in the U.S. that I know, nobody becomes an enemy by vomiting some BS. We dearly love our Freedom of Speech and extend that courtesy to all the crazies of the world.
It is not the question of enmity growing between BD and America because our ministers, especially Alga Momen, spew out insults all the time.

But, these guys must educate themselves on the choice of words. They have an attitude problem that you may not know. There is no harm in being a gentleman.

They should learn diplomacy. They must refrain from talking like an unruly peasant while talking about another country. But, they spew verbal insults, instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom