What's new

US makes it very clear - Will not share sensitive defence tech with India if S-400 is signed

Oh really?

As for, "India can't build one":
S-400 is a stopgap until our own BMD is ready for induction, which btw has had exceptional success at intercepting during tests.

When will Indian BMD be ready. Is it going through the LCA experience of development he’ll?

When will Indian BMD be ready. Is it going through the LCA experience of development he’ll?

I might have missed some info but here's all I can think of off the top of my head.

In progress:
The long range radars are currently being placed in Rajasthan.
New test facilities are being constructed to test other more advanced features of ABMs in Andhra Pradesh.

On the drawing board:
Multiple kill vehicle tech to defeat MIRVs will also be pursued.
219xtv9.jpg

Also, I had read somewhere about a SBIRS like constellation of IR satellites, not as big as the American one, a regional one for early detection of ballistic missiles.
Cruise missile defence (CMD), coastlines and/or important locations will be laced with aerostat radars and srsam and mrsams to intercept cruise missiles.

BMD Missiles:
The only ABM which looks like it'll be ready for induction around 2024 is the AAD; the video I posted.
PDV is not coming before 2025 that's for sure, and the Phase-2 with AD-1 and AD-2 will take even longer.

Tejas had and has far too many stakeholders at play, we are only now able to iron out its kinks.
Our ABM R&D has had a relatively smoother run, though the frequency of tests can be increased, but looking as how we are definitely going for the S-400s it seems like that's asking for too much.

you are answering your own objection. What you are failing to realize is that China's conventional strength right now is challenging america's pacific dominance...
Pal, may be you are confused here. I even gave you example of korean war...China was nowhere near US, nor had access to nukes...yet US had to take the bitter pill...why do you think they did what they did? Even in those times, getting into fight with China would not bring anything new to table...and the cost involved could not be justified...as simple as that...!!

let's face it, 20 years ago, no one could ever imagine China's naval ships closely following the u.s. navy fleets or PLAAF Navy's fighter planes closely buzzing american planes. just didn't happen. and the answer to your own objecttion is the cost that both will have to pay...
Then nobody could ever imagine USSR would break either..this is life...Having said that so far so good...

that is why the u.s. wants to deflect that cost on india. india bears the brunt of China's conventional strength in all 3 theatres (air,land and sea) and gets destroyed while China becomes very weak which will restore america's overwhelming dominance of the pacific that it used to once have.
This is where you go horribly wrong...I even gave you example of India/Pakistan..but seems you chose to ignore it...Look nobody wants a direct fight b/w two big countries...even in conventional terms...and here we are talking about nuclear powers...now let me explain why...Do you know how much disruption will it cause to world economy? India and China(especially China now and India catching up..thanks to huge markets) are steering world economy...and when they will break, they will take world economy with them...what will dominance of Pacific bring to US then, which it is not enjoying right now? and at this cost?...I am not even talking about nukes and its ill effects..which again will impact the entire world...

Look US has only one objective. Make sure China is not the only power in Asia. If India keep rising as well, then it will keep checking China rising influence in atleast her immediate neighbourhood and that will help US cause...that's it...you can very well see Indian china already competing in that context.....this is exactly what China expects from India Pakistan bonhomie(pun intended)...Look back into history and you will see it through...they didn't help you in Kargil and rightly so..one has to be mad to create a scenario for nuclear showdown right next to your borders...and cause avoidable disruptions...

if you still don't understand how the chessboard is laid out then I'm afraid your just ignoring the harsh reality on purpose. it is dangerous to be america's enemy, but it is fatal to be their friend. india is gonna learn this the hard way.

:) ... fair enough...i think time will tell...for now here is news for you...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/05/symbolic-nod-india-pacific-command-180531105247897.html

Back
Top Bottom