What's new

US Lies Nailed : Devyani Had Full diplomatic Immunity

More than likely they'll return to India or go to wherever she's next sent out to as part of India's diplomatic corps. If I was here I wouldn't want to return to the US for work or pleasure.

But they are US citizens and have a US job and life. She most certainly want to come back here.

But of course when she returned here, she should not be above the law.

So once they return to India, they would have to give up their US citizenship. If the husband and their kids loyalty lie in India first over America, than they should not be Americans any way. They should just be Indians.

The thing isn't whether it is legal or not, it's respect.

She's a woman, a diplomat, educated and respected(I'm guessing, she is diplomat to a important country), does she really deserve to be treated like a common criminal.

She should have been summoned for questioning, and not arrested, she's a diplomat, is she going to flee? Or pose a danger?

This isn't a murder case or even a proven case, it's the maid's word against hers, not saying the maid is lying, but nothing is proven, at most she is being sued.

When Kobe's maid sued the couple, Kobe wasn't strip searched and put into a cell as he's dropping off his kid.

American's didn't purposely disrespect the diplomat, but they did show they care little for the Indian reaction, or that they think because they are America everyone else will just roll over and take it.

The thing isn't whether it is legal or not, it's respect.

She's a woman, a diplomat, educated and respected(I'm guessing, she is diplomat to a important country), does she really deserve to be treated like a common criminal.

She should have been summoned for questioning, and not arrested, she's a diplomat, is she going to flee? Or pose a danger?

This isn't a murder case or even a proven case, it's the maid's word against hers, not saying the maid is lying, but nothing is proven, at most she is being sued.

When Kobe's maid sued the couple, Kobe wasn't strip searched and put into a cell as he's dropping off his kid.

American's didn't purposely disrespect the diplomat, but they did show they care little for the Indian reaction, or that they think because they are America everyone else will just roll over and take it.

She lied to the US Federal Government and knowingly provided false information on written documents in order to secure a personal benefit in the form of maid services. She broke the law and should be (and indeed was) treated as such.

She lied to the US Federal Government and knowingly provided false information on written documents in order to secure a personal benefit in the form of maid services. She broke the law and should be (and indeed was) treated as such.

So did everyone before her , this was understanding usually done between Embassies in which America decided to break it. Being strip searched and cavity search and detention with common criminals was completely uncalled for considering we have murderers , rapists and genocidal individuals(Bhopal gas tragedy) getting away with "Diplomatic immunity" . If this had gone on for sometime i can assure you more than half of the US Embassy staff would be in Prison for one thing or the other ... America used a loophole to arrest and Indian diplomat ..

BTW...she did not lie to the federal Govt. its the Maid who lied to the federal Govt.

Am surprised you are justifying such a detention and treatment of a female diplomat ... Disappointing coming from you

So did everyone before her , this was understanding usually done between Embassies in which America decided to break it. Being strip searched and cavity search and detention with common criminals was completely uncalled for considering we have murderers , rapists and genocidal individuals(Bhopal gas tragedy) getting away with "Diplomatic immunity" . If this had gone on for sometime i can assure you more than half of the US Embassy staff would be in Prison for one thing or the other ... America used a loophole to arrest and Indian diplomat ..

BTW...she did not lie to the federal Govt. its the Maid who lied to the federal Govt.

Am surprised you are justifying such a detention and treatment of a female diplomat ... Disappointing coming from you
Maybe he will react the same if he was strip searched in JFK airport for suspicion of drugs

Actually a huge number of Americans working in the embassy in India can be given the same treatment. At least 15 "diplomats" have their wives working in the American Embassy School without work visa. Not only that, they have been using their spouses "tax free" bank accounts as their own salary account and thus not paying any taxes. The tax fraud by the American Embassy is so huge that it runs into Billions of dollars when calculated retrospectively from 1974 onwards.

@madooxno9, Hey, another one after a longtime about Devyani.......:mad:

He will get mad ....:P

US will have to drop the charges ...
They have no alternative ....

The UN legal office concurs with India's position ...

US federal court will have no choice but to quash proceedings and indictment against Devyani ..

this will pave way of her return to US if required ...

This is what will happen ....mark my word for that ...

Quashing of indictment against Devyani will be the slap on US prosecution ...we will make sure that it is delivered by the American judiciary itself ....

Last edited:

The forms were filled in by Ms. Devyani on her computer.

US federal court will have no choice but to quash proceedings and indictment against Devyani

The Court will judge according to the law based on the evidence presented, whatever it may be.

The Court will judge according to the law based on the evidence presented, whatever it may be.

I agree . the strength of evidence matters .I hope US court will take due cognizance of fresh evidence provided by dvyani's lawyer ...

The UN Legal department's communique besides UN papers certifying appointment of Devyani Khobragade's as UN advisor are two hard evidences...I will be interesting how, US prosecution which went all out against Devyani will counteract this fresh evidence ....

The forms were filled in by Ms. Devyani on her computer.

Forms were filled by the maid , its the maids VISA forms which were incorrect..not Devyani's... besides , Devyani and her father claims the forms were filed in the US embassy in India . The person who should be arrested is the maid and the Embassy worker

Forms were filled by the maid , its the maids VISA forms which were incorrect..not Devyani's... besides , Devyani and her father claims the forms were filed in the US embassy in India . The person who should be arrested is the maid and the Embassy worker

That is besides the point...under no circumstances Devyani should have been arrested and treated like common criminal the way she was ...whether she was guilty of misconduct is absolutely besides the point . She had full diplomatic immunity ...

US diplomats accused of much serious charges such as rapes ,sexual harassment , murder have escaped from any kind of legal proceedings due to provisions of Vienna convention ..same privileges had to be extended to Devyani ...
US need to apologise and quash proceeding against her ...but they consider themselves too big .

we will have American judiciary deliver the blow to American prosecution on our behalf...that will be the best revenge .

I am glad few months back we had been fighting with American members here ....

Even Pakistani and Chinese members supported Indian position ...

Today our stand is vindicated ....

It's good that GOI and Devyani stood ground and refused to accept US settlement ...

This case needs to be taken to its logical end .

I am sure the evidence will be presented in court to determine what actually happened.

This case needs to be taken to its logical end .

Of course. The court will judge according to the law based on the evidence presented, no doubt about that.

Back
Top Bottom