What's new

US is forced to accept that China is a Developed Country

They sure are full of slums. I'm the one who is saying all the people with money have moved to the suburbs leaving the cities full of poor people who can't even pay for the city's infrastructure upkeep.

The American Dream was a single family home, white picket fence, 2.5 kids and a dog.

The American Nightmare is to be stuck in a city as a poor renter.

View attachment 923405

View attachment 923406

Just compare tier 3 cities like Guangzhou or Chongqing in China with Tier 1 cities like San Francisco or Los Angeles in the US

It is high time you accept that China has become a developed nation and while the US become a 3rd world country.

Ok, so you are now claiming the US should not be giving them a "developed" status.

US owes China 1 trillion US dollars in Debt.

It is very obvious to everyone except the US that China has become the Developed nation while US has become a bankrupt 3rd world country.

China would be among first paid under GOP debt limit plan, Treasury Secretary Yellen says​

PUBLISHED THU, MAR 16 20235:28 PM EDTUPDATED THU, MAR 16 20236:15 PM EDT

Just compare tier 3 cities like Guangzhou or Chongqing in China with Tier 1 cities like San Francisco or Los Angeles in the US

China loves their new found city life..and we don't like city life anymore.
I'm not going to argue with that.

They spend money in their cities and we spend money outside our cities.

This is like arguing China has nicer bicycles than we do. They sure do. We just aren't into bikes anymore.

Covid even accelerated the decline of cities. Many people are now working from their suburban homes instead of going into the city office. This causes various city shops to close and suburban ones to expand.

Last edited:
I guess China will be willing to nudge towards getting "developed country" status if all due rights are acceded to China.

For example under Basel , developing countries has a more stringent requirements. Then all these Basel developing countries standards should not be impose on China.

The problem is on one hand, US want to impose a tariff, or CO2 emission on China based on developed country standards, while on other domain such as Basel , China need to be straitjacket with a strict regulation.

House unanimously passes bill to work to remove China’s ‘developing country’ label​

BY MYCHAEL SCHNELL - 03/27/23 10:27 PM ET

@Hamartia Antidote @gambit @F-22Raptor @jhungary

Why did you change the title of the thread according to your bias and not what it says in the link? :D

Nope, nominal GDP is all that matters
Do you know why China can use just a fraction of US defence budget to easily outbuild US hands down?

“In purchasing power parity, they spend about one dollar to our 20 dollars to get to the same capability.”

Do you know why China can use just a fraction of US defence budget to easily outbuild US hands down?

“In purchasing power parity, they spend about one dollar to our 20 dollars to get to the same capability.”

But are you truly getting the same capability? You don’t know that unless you compare system to system at every level.

Nominal GDP is all that matters

Yes, but that only relates to quantity and value, not to quality and capability.
It's about nominal GDP and PPP, my point is PPP actually in some aspect reflects the over productivity better than nominal GDP.

But are you truly getting the same capability? You don’t know that unless you compare system to system at every level.

Nominal GDP is all that matters
It's just an example, how about eating, housing, medicare... you are just trying to go off topic, what I mean is PPP actually reflects a country's overall strength better than nominal GDP.

Back
Top Bottom