What's new

US hopes for Pacific cooperation with Indian navy under Modi

That is a rather big stretch. Pacific doesn't serve our strategic interests in any way other than using trade routes from China., Korea and Japan, which are already going on.

The India-USA-Japan cooperation in naval wargames is already going good.

Anti-piracy is a much needed area and we are working on it. They way I see it, it is right now critical that we focus on our Indian Ocean more, build our surface and underwater fleet stronger and cooperate deeper with all the IOR countries, including Indonesia, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand, Mauritius, Seychelles, Comoros, Reunion and Papua New Guinea.

and a waste of internet bandwidth in my opinion.

And that's the problem! The Webbi and several mods suggested to use this feature in a reasonable manner, just like the positive rating and not as a replacement for likes and dislikes! In "your opinion" it might have been a waste and that's why you didn't liked it, but it was neither offensive, nor did he ranted around.
Btw, my contribution to the topic is visible in my first post, where was yours? Oh yes, the negative rating which lead to the discussions. :rolleyes:

And that's the problem! The Webbi and several mods suggested to use this feature in a reasonable manner, just like the positive rating and not as a replacement for likes and dislikes! In "your opinion" it might have been a waste and that's why you didn't liked it, but it was neither offensive, nor did he ranted around.
Btw, my contribution to the topic is visible in my first post, where was yours? Oh yes, the negative rating which lead to the discussions. :rolleyes:

You still haven't improved your comprehension skills. I said its a waste of bandwidth in my opinion and against forum rules. He got the negative rating for breach of forum rules for posting a one-liner.

I had nothing to say on topic until you dragged me into it with your opinion on what constitutes a just negative rating.

@WebMaster please direct @sancho to the 'Wrong post rating' thread so he can express his angst in the appropriate thread.

It looks like US is expecting India to be it's bitch.
@Death.By.Chocolate : Would this one-liner earn a negative rating from you, since it is against forum rules to post one-liners, and you just negged somebody for a far less offensive one?

I just don't understand how the admins cannot see the obvious personal bias in handing out ratings.

@Death.By.Chocolate : Would this one-liner earn a negative rating from you, since it is against forum rules to post one-liners, and you just negged somebody for a far less offensive one?

I just don't understand how the admins cannot see the obvious personal bias in handing out ratings.

No personal bias, I have nothing against the bunny poster. This is a discussion forum so I expect a discussion that is within the bounds of the rules set by forum management. I have negatively rated Indian, Pakistani,Chinese, Russian and American members in the past so accusing me of bias won't help you prove your argument.

No personal bias, I have nothing against the bunny poster. This is a discussion forum so I expect a discussion that is within the bounds of the rules set by forum management. I have negatively rated Indian, Pakistani,Chinese, Russian and American members in the past so accusing me of bias won't help you prove your argument.
I showed you another one liner in this very thread, which you haven't negatively rated - one that is intended to flame. So yes, it does help my cause when I give a pertinent example from this very same thread.

I didn't accuse you of any personal bias against the bunny poster - I cannot make such an accusation unless I know either of you personally. But you, and every other rater, rate some posts while forgiving the same offence at other times.

The very same rule from the veryy same rulebook you threw out here applies to that post as well, and in a more insidious manner.

My complaint is not against you, but against this meaningless rating system which is always hostage to the vagaries of the moods of the raters.

I showed you another one liner in this very thread, which you haven't negatively rated - one that is intended to flaim. So yes, it does help my cause when I give a pertinent example from this very same thread.

No it doesn't since I hadn't even read the post that you found offensive.
I rate what I read, I can't read and rate every post in the little time I spend on PDF.

No it doesn't since I hadn't even read the post that you found offensive.
I rate what I read, I can't read and rate every post in the little time I spend on PDF.
Your responses on this short thread shows that you have spent plenty of time on it, more than enough to read all posts. I'm not sure how you can selectively glaze over some posts.

Besides, in my post that you replied to, the post in question was quoted - surely you must have seen it then, when you responded?

Anyway, now that it has been pointed out to you, why don't you go ahead and neg him? He broke a cardinal rule, did he not?

Your responses on this short thread shows that you have spent plenty of time on it, more than enough to read all posts. I'm not sure how you can selectively glaze over some posts.

Besides, in my post that you replied to, the post in question was quoted - surely you must have seen it then, when you responded?

Anyway, now that it has been pointed out to you, why don't you go ahead and neg him? He broke a cardinal rule, did he not?

The last time I logged into PDF was the April 20 and I'm responding to alerts that I receive when someone mentions me or responds to my post.

....yes it was a one liner and therefore against forum rules but at least the guy expressed his opinion using words. Had I read his post before you brought it to my attention he may have received a negative rating from me.

:argh::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: Just pack up your bag and go.....do not explain your stand.(now here is my opinion and not one liner).

The last time I logged into PDF was the April 20 and I'm responding to alerts that I receive when someone mentions me or responds to my post.

....yes it was a one liner and therefore against forum rules but at least the guy expressed his opinion using words. Had I read his post before you brought it to my attention he may have received a negative rating from me.
very good tta...nicely said..u are free to give me a -ve rating too.
as its a one liner...

p.s. - u are bised in ur work..

:argh::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: Just pack up your bag and go.....do not explain your stand.(now here is my opinion and not one liner).

Agreed!! Justifying the rating as Sancho suggested clearly side tracks the discussion.This thread is no longer about the Indian Navy's presence in the western pacific but it's about me and my presumed bias.

@WebMaster it should be obvious by now that justifying a rating distracts from the thread topic.

Agreed!! Justifying the rating as Sancho suggested clearly side tracks the discussion.This thread is no longer about the Indian Navy's presence in the western pacific but it's about me and my presumed bias.

Hello ma'am ! :wave:

I visited your country about a week ago ! :)

You never met me ! :cry:

Chicago was cold ! :fie:

DC, Buffalo and NYC were pleasant ! :)

And the people all over were very nice ! :cheers:

Hello ma'am ! :wave:

I visited your country about a week ago ! :)

You never met me ! :cry:

Chicago was cold ! :fie:

DC, Buffalo and NYC were pleasant ! :)

And the people all over were very nice ! :cheers:
Watch out, DBC will give you a negative for being off topic, which is against forum rules. Or maybe not, depending on her mood.

On topic, it would be an excellent idea to have cooperation and maybe exercises with a US CBG. They have more experience in carrier aviation than anybody else. Now that our navy' combat aviation is brand new (new carrier, new fighters), this might be a good time to duke it out with the USN in a friendly exercise. Let's see how we compare with the best.

But what has Modi got to do with it? I was under the impression that the military's operations and diplomacy are not dependent on who or which party is in power.

Back
Top Bottom