What's new

US helicopters attack Syrian village

USA's version if hunting an Al Qaeda operative is hard to believe. They waited an entire day before commenting on this raid. Also, the victims of this raid are civillians. I gave this some thought and here's a questionthat popped into my mind:

If Syria becomes hostile and fights USA, who stands to gain?

There's only one party who stands to gain. The Republican Party. They are curently behind in the elections. They need some support, and fast. I think this is their trump card to try and step up threat to national security, and to make voters change their minds at the last minute. The same scenario happened in 2004. Bush was trailing when the Bin Laden Tape popped up. A month later Bush is back in the White House. The media calls it an 'October Surprise'.

Could this raid be the Republicans hoping for an 'October Surprise?'

I hope the Syrians don't react. If they don't react, Obama will win. I think Obama is the right candidate to be President.

USA's version if hunting an Al Qaeda operative is hard to believe. They waited an entire day before commenting on this raid. Also, the victims of this raid are civillians. I gave this some thought and here's a questionthat popped into my mind:

If Syria becomes hostile and fights USA, who stands to gain?

There's only one party who stands to gain. The Republican Party. They are curently behind in the elections. They need some support, and fast. I think this is their trump card to try and step up threat to national security, and to make voters change their minds at the last minute. The same scenario happened in 2004. Bush was trailing when the Bin Laden Tape popped up. A month later Bush is back in the White House. The media calls it an 'October Surprise'.

Could this raid be the Republicans hoping for an 'October Surprise?'

I hope the Syrians don't react. If they don't react, Obama will win. I think Obama is the right candidate to be President.

100% agree with ya Republicans are looking for some thing to hang on to power.

I wonder if this is in relation to the earlier airspace violations into Syria by Israeli air force or if this is a new scenario. I personally don't think this would play very well for the Republicans as Americans already know they are facing threats from the middle east and that it was a small and quiet operation. The Syrians won't retaliate for a small operation such as this and I doubt the Republicans sanctioned this operation to illicit a response to play into election time. To me this goes a bit deeper and has little to do with elections but the point that Su 47 made is nonetheless valid.

I wonder if this is in relation to the earlier airspace violations into Syria by Israeli air force or if this is a new scenario. I personally don't think this would play very well for the Republicans as Americans already know they are facing threats from the middle east and that it was a small and quiet operation. The Syrians won't retaliate for a small operation such as this and I doubt the Republicans sanctioned this operation to illicit a response to play into election time. To me this goes a bit deeper and has little to do with elections but the point that Su 47 made is nonetheless valid.

the Syrians may not react to this incident, but what if USA conducts another raid? how long will Syria keep quiet? They will rightfully protest and will amass troops at the border, and probably bring some Scuds out into the open to try give the Americans the message to back off.

The Republican party will then call that, "Syria preparing to attack US troops in Iraq" and the American voters will feel national security is insufficient and that the democrats can't handle national security (as the republicans keep emphasizing) and vote for the republicans.

The Syrians have every right to respond and protest about this raid. I just hope they restrain themselves till the elections are over an Obama is in the seat.

Syria Iran israel ,hizbullah are all US allies.

Syria will never retaliate.

Al Qaida wrong strategy is destroying the muslim countries strength.

Then why is it that Iran is defying its 'ally' with its nuclear program. why are 'allies' israel and hezbollah fighting each other?

Back
Top Bottom