What's new

US has serious human rights abuses: China

These are human rights violations?

Next you will claim that wearing Mao suits are human rights violation in China!
I do and may be it should be.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Up to you. :wave:

Personally, I see no problem in contributing to the American economy.
It is not up to me. It is up to your friend who made the charge. So do you agree with his charge or not?

They forgot the worst human right violations in the US:

1. Prison Homosexual Rape (300,000 cases per year).
2. A Father's Right to see his children more than every other weekend (millions of divorce cases)
3. Affordable Healthcare (40 million people)

Easier said than done.

1. 2 million are in jail. Highest rate in the world.
2. 50% of American marriages end in divorce
3. Lose your job, lose your healthcare

I do and may be it should be.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

It is not up to me. It is up to your friend who made the charge. So do you agree with his charge or not?

I am only emphasising that the so called Human rights violation the folks are talking about is most ludicrous since they are hardly human rights violations!

For instance, homosexuality in jails, loss of social security, loss of jobs, or shootings etc are human rights violation?

If that is the ludicrous logic, which is more like a drowning man clutching straws, I presume not wearing the traditional Chinese apparel, the Mao suit, is also a human rights violation!!

This is revenge...

Yep, quite obvious. Our government obviously has a greater tolerance for criticism than yours does though.

The US will continue documenting the ongoing and widespread government sanctioned abuses of human rights in China.

China can continue with its own reports.

I am only emphasising that the so called Human rights violation the folks are talking about is most ludicrous since they are hardly human rights violations!

For instance, homosexuality in jails, loss of social security, loss of jobs, or shootings etc are human rights violation?

If that is the ludicrous logic, which is more like a drowning man clutching straws, I presume not wearing the traditional Chinese apparel, the Mao suit, is also a human rights violation!!
I understand what you are saying and have posted my own opinion as to what is the proper context of 'human rights abuses and violations'. But I still think that the Mao suit is a human rights violation in itself.

It is difficult for those who so boldly endured the horrors of the Three Years of Natural Disasters (caused by wrong Communist policies), Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution to understand what are human rights violations!

They have seen hard times.

Therefore, one should be kind to them and forgive them for as it is said - Forgive them Father, they know not what they do.

It is difficult for those who so boldly endured the horrors of the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution to understand what are human rights violations!

Therefore, one should be kind to them and forgive them for as it is said - Forgive them Father, they know not what they do.
But not for the Mao suit. Am not gay and even I understand what a fashion horror it is.

But not for the Mao suit. Am not gay and even I understand what a fashion horror it is.

It was not a horror.

It was an all purpose clothing.

You could go to an official dinner in it, go shopping or even go to sleep in.

It helped the economy since one piece of dress was adequate and one did not have to waste cloth!

And anyone in the family could wear it since it was Unisex!

What a brilliant discovery!

It was not a horror.

It was an all purpose clothing.

You could go to an official dinner in it, go shopping or even go to sleep in.

It helped the economy since one piece of dress was adequate and one did not have to waste cloth!

And anyone in the family could wear it since it was Unisex!

What a brilliant discovery!
Alright...I will grant you those. But I still think the Mao suit constitute a human (fashion) rights abuse and violation.

It is difficult for those who so boldly endured the horrors of the Three Years of Natural Disasters (caused by wrong Communist policies), Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution to understand what are human rights violations!

:coffee: Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution, that was fifty or sixty years ago.
Can we talk about American colonists Massacre Indians?

:coffee: 1989, Tiananmen? Yes, According to Red Cross records, about 200 people died in Tiananmen Square, about 120 of them is PLA, 80 of them is students.

1970, USA University of Kent. Does not anyone die?

051805.jpg

Great Cultural Revolution is a human rights blast in which people release their destructive power.Wonderful age,real freedom age...

:coffee: 1989, Tiananmen? Yes, According to Red Cross records, about 200 people died in Tiananmen Square, about 120 of them is PLA, 80 of them is students.

051805.jpg
That happend in the period china's revolution at its end.

Source for that...???

Nowhere to the same degree. And it was more about incompetence of the National Guard troopers at crowd control than from deliberate state policy to shoot anti-war protesters.

China criticises US rights record
China criticises US rights record - The Irish Times - Tue, Apr 12, 2011

CHINA HAS issued a report slamming America’s human rights record, saying US actions in Afghanistan and elsewhere, coupled with homelessness, violent crime and the undue influence of money on politics at home, puts it in no position to judge others.

In a kind of tit-for-tat publication schedule, the Beijing report is a yearly rebuttal to the US state department’s annual assessment of human rights around the world, which usually severely criticises China’s record on freedom of speech and individual rights.

This year’s state department report said Beijing had stepped up restrictions on lawyers, activists, bloggers and journalists, tightened controls on civil society and raised efforts to control the press, the internet and internet access.

Secretary of state Hillary Clinton said she was “deeply concerned” about China’s current crackdown and highlighted the case of Ai Weiwei, China’s most famous and controversial artist, who helped design the “Bird’s Nest” Olympic Stadium for the 2008 Beijing Games.

He was detained on April 3rd reportedly for unspecified “economic crimes”.

The Chinese government response was to warn the US government to stop interfering in China’s domestic business.

It followed this statement up with the human rights report, which is issued by the information office of China’s state council.

The report said the US uses human rights as “a political instrument to defame other nations’ image for its own strategic interests”. The Chinese report said the US equivalent was “full of distortions and accusations about the human rights record in more than 190 countries, but turns a blind eye to its own human rights situation and seldom mentions it”.

One of the main areas of criticism is the impact on civilians in the Iraq and Afghan wars. “In the United States, the violation of citizens’ civil and political rights by the government is severe,” it said.

The report depicts an America where violent crime is out of control because of poor monitoring of gun control, and where the prison population has risen by 13 per cent in five years.

In China, the great firewall system of controls keeps internet use on a tight leash. However, the China rights report accuses the US of restricting internet access, focusing on the approval granted by a US senate committee which would give the federal government “absolute power” to shut down the internet under a declared national emergency.

When US criticise other nation she should look at her own record first and it is not like USA is a saint.

Couldnt agree more, who are they to tell other countries to respect human rights after Guantanamo, Abu Gharaib etc. These two are the ones that just came out in the media, god knows what else goes on.

Back
Top Bottom