What's new

'US has no better friend than Israel'

Give us all a break...See this CIA document from 1999:
This is great! Someone who actually does their homework, and backs it up with source material! But you have to be careful; a single line that combines all aid from 1949-1996 can hide more than it reveals.

Study: Israel leads in ignoring Security Council resolutions - Iraq gets bombed for violating UN resolutions... what happens to Israel?
Not all SC resolutions are created equal, chum. For example, there's a big difference between a Chapter 6 (requiring consent of a host nation) and Chapter 7 (which is mandatory). Nor are all resolutions interpreted equally. The biggie is UNSC 242, which in (unofficial) Arabic translation calls for Israel to return THE territories captured in 1967, vs. the Engish (official) translation which leaves out THE. (This ambiguity was intentional.)

The US has cast more vetoes in support of Israel -
And Israel has been "condemned" by UN bodies more often than anyone else. What does that prove, exactly?

Once you subtract these and other Soviet Vetoes, you are left with almost nothing in support of the Arabs -
Do you consider defending against and eventually removing a tyrant like Saddam Hussein as supporting the Arabs, yes or no?

The Soviet Union gave a TOTAL of $6.8B dollars of aid to a total of 38 nations.
The Soviets didn't excel when it came to financial accounting. Better to compare quantity of weapons supplied, rather than tally dollars and rubles. The quantity of weapons supplied to the Arabs in the 60s and 70s is quite astonishing in comparison to Israel. (Of course, one cannot compare aid supplied after the Soviet Union ceased to exist.)

So, I have tallied it up and the results clearly show you are wrong. The question is, will you be honest enough to concede you were wrong.
Before we did not discuss aid in per-capita terms. No argument there, not for the period after the 1973 war, anyway.

You are ill informed. Prior to US support it was the British (and French) who were helping Israel -
The proofs you have presented back up MY version of events; you've simply CALLED it something else by expanding the role you've assigned the U.S. to include France and Britain.

It was only Eisenhower, who was an honourable man, that had the courage to stand up for what was right. He was the one who forced the truce in the Suez war of 1956. Other than that, it has been completely blind and unending support for Israel.
Nasser chose to discount Eisenhower's stance and claim that it was his alliance with the USSR and an implicit threat to employ Soviet nuclear weapons that decided things. (The Soviets were busy invading Hungary; any threat that they would seek a second theater of conflict was not credible.)

Nasser's re-writing of history led to a groundswell of Arab support for destroying Israel, blinding the Arabs so much that instead of the cakewalk and genocide they and the Soviets had prepared for 1967 became a disaster instead. All that stuff would have been avoided had Eisenhower supported Britain and France to keep the Suez Canal internationalized, or if the U.N. had remained as a buffer in Sinai.

He will not concede the burden that Israel places on his own country and countrymen.
Oh, Israel is a "burden." Of course, it is also an American asset. But you didn't answer my question from earlier, wouldn't it be a greater burden on the U.S. if Israel didn't exist at all?

When did the US sanction Israel for running a nuclear weapons program in the face of NON-NUCLEAR adversaries?
Unlike North Korea, Iraq, etc., Israel was never a signatory to the nuclear non-proliferation treaty. So Israel's nukes are manifestly legal under international law.

he cannot think of a single time that Israeli soldiers have died to help the USA.
Didn't Israel suffer thousands of casualties in its alliance with the U.S. to defeat Soviet expansionism and influence in the past, and Iran's effort to expand its sphere of influence today?

Pakistan was sanctioned at the start of the 1965 war and this went on through the 1971 war. The US even ignored the joint-defence terms of the SEATO pact that Pakistan was a signatory to -
This comes up twice in one week...the SEATO alliance was meant to defend Pakistan and the other signatories from Soviet expansionism. It was NOT a license to support Pakistan in local wars that it chose to carry out for the glory of its generals and politicians; even worse in this war, as Bhutto declared that as long as the U.S. supplied him, he was willing to sacrifice any number of Pakistanis for the sake of "victory": link

There is absolutely no comparison with any other country, in any way - economic, political, diplomatic, military - of the support Israel has received from America.
Probably not. Does that make that wrong, somehow?

Without US support there would BE no Israel.
Israel survived its first 20 years without U.S. support. As I've tried to point out several times, if the U.S. ended its support tomorrow Israel would have little choice other than to not just defeat but DESTROY its enemies immediately. I don't doubt that Israel plans to survive such a regional conflagration, but the human cost would be very great - something Jews aren't eager to do, as the forbearance Israel shows its enemies demonstrates.

. All the aggression and murder Israel has perpetuated will one day come back to haunt it.
Did you not read my Dershowitz quote in #24?

the aggression and murder Israel has perpetuated will one day come back to haunt it. That is how history works.
The way Arabs are haunted by their treatment of Jews yesterday and the people of Darfur today? The Arabs talk over it. Or the giant blind spot Pakistan has for the number of people the P.A. killed (minimum: 300,000) in 1971? Pakistanis ignore that, yes?

One American historian, Bruce Thornton, calculated in 2007
Since World War II, some 25 million people have died in various conflicts, only 8,000 as a result of Israel’s attempts to ward off a chronic existential threat.
By comparison, Bashar Assad killed 20,000 in Hama in a week in 1982. Saddam probably killed over 250,000 Iraqis just to suppress internal dissent, and over a million in his external wars. So what, exactly, does Israel have to be haunted about?

There isn't much left, is there? If you are going to stand for freedom against tyranny, if you are going to stand in favor of human dignity rather than slaughter that brings selfish glory, if you believe that all men are created equal, then Israel is closer to achieving such than any other power in the middle east, and, as a focus of freedom's enemies, serves as a shield to America, Europe, and beyond.

Israel's existence may inflame hostility towards the West, but given the record, can one doubt that greater hostility would exist if Israel ceased to be? It would only whet the appetites of tyrants for even more, and their subject peoples would see little choice other than to go along for the ride, as the people of Germany did in WWII, and the peoples subject to Soviet rule forty years afterward, and the subjects of many Muslim dictators going back for centuries.

What price did Pakistan face for acquiring weapons to defend against an adversary that already had nukes?
A very great price. Funds meant for education were diverted to nuclear development. The void was filled by the likes of the Taliban. So the price of nukes is clear: they have cost Pakistan its sanity.

@everyone

I say just ignore this Zionist.He will go to any length to Justify murder of Palestinians.Zionists field of Specialization is Blinding People with Propaganda.Something they have learned from 2000+ years of Experience.

Consider this:

I just tried to Google: Israeli support for the United States. Back came 96 million hits. However all the first several pages were about US support for Israel. So I Googled "Israeli support for the United States" with quotes. Guess what? Zero hits! Google could find no hits wherein "Israeli support for the United States" occurred!

QED. Israel in not America's friend, let alone its best friend. It is America's most costly and out of control dependent. Its dependency is like that of a parasite:

Parasitism is a type of symbiotic relationship between organisms of different species where one organism, the parasite (Israel), benefits at the expense of the host (USA).

In general, parasites are much smaller than their hosts, show a high degree of specialization for their mode of life, and reproduce more quickly and in greater numbers than their hosts.

The harm and benefit in parasitic interactions concern the biological fitness of the organisms involved. Parasites reduce host fitness in many ways, ranging from general or specialized pathology (such as castration), impairment of secondary sex characteristics, to the modification of host behaviour. Parasites increase their fitness by exploiting hosts for food, habitat and dispersal.

Although the concept of parasitism applies unambiguously to many cases in nature, it is best considered part of a continuum of types of interactions between species, rather than an exclusive category.

Well truth Seeker i haven't seen or heard many Americans in my life speaking against the will of their Government and Main Stream Media Propaganda.

Good Dude you really are TruthSeeker .

Zionists field of Specialization is Blinding People with Propaganda.
Outside of this forum, how much have you been exposed to Zionist influence? Let me guess:

You're not a Zionist.
Your parents aren't Zionists.
Your schooling wasn't controlled by Zionists, nor did you learn from any materials written by Zionists.
Your mosque isn't controlled by Zionists.
Your government neither is controlled by Zionists, nor exposed to Zionist influences.

Now I will guess how exposed you have been to anti-Israel Arab influence (Here, "Arabs" = "Arab dictators, monarchs, and their instruments"):

Your government accepts direction and support from Arabs.
Your schools are heavily influenced by Arabs.
Your country is suffering from insurgents brained and trained by Arabs.
Your mosques are supported by Arabs.
Your family knows people who know and are supported by Arabs.
You, yourself, are eager to toe the Arab line for the perceived opportunities and material advantages that approval by Arabs may open up for you.

Comment?

Well truth Seeker i haven't seen or heard many Americans in my life speaking against the will of their Government and Main Stream Media Propaganda.

Good Dude you really are TruthSeeker .

Well, you may not like some of my other opinions. Essentially I am an American patriot. I believe in putting my country first. I do not believe, however, that my country is always right. The second Iraq war was a very big mistake, for example. I am not anti-Semitic, I just believe that Israel is using us for its own ends and that the concept of a "Jewish" homeland is racist and not in line with core American values. A secular state, Palestine, welcoming and protecting citizens of all faiths and ethnic backgrounds, should be America's goal for the lands now under Israeli control.

I just tried to Google: Israeli support for the United States. Back came 96 million hits. However all the first several pages were about US support for Israel. So I Googled "Israeli support for the United States" with quotes.[/I]
Google statistics are a measure of an issue's popularity rather than a statement of fact.

Well, you may not like some of my other opinions. Essentially I am an American patriot. I believe in putting my country first. I do not believe, however, that my country is always right. The second Iraq war was a very big mistake, for example. I am not anti-Semitic, I just believe that Israel is using us for its own ends and that the concept of a "Jewish" homeland is racist and not in line with core American values. A secular state, Palestine, welcoming and protecting citizens of all faiths and ethnic backgrounds, should be America's goal for the lands now under Israeli control.

Well yes there could be your other Opinions that i may not like.But Your Opinion about Israel shows that you don't take things thrown by Media at face Value(At least you do a bit of research).And i have seen very few People surviving Mainstream Media Propaganda.

Google statistics are a measure of an issue's popularity rather than a statement of fact.

Come on, Solomon2! Yes, if an issue is "popular" there will be more hits. But, IF Israeli support for the United States" were even a real concept there would be some hits. Don't you think? no hits on google (nhog) is even a new test for originality. If you have an idea that gets a nhog response, also known as a Googlenope, chances are it is novel.......

the concept of a "Jewish" homeland is racist and not in line with core American values.
The relative racism of Israelis and Arabs can be seen by the fact that Arabs don't tolerate Jews in their societies, whereas Israel is over 20% Arab.

Zionism is a nationalist, not racist, movement. Peoples generally form into nation-states out of a desire for protection from mutual enemies. Imperialists, dictators, etc. notably use racial antagonisms as a tool to maintain power. America's preference of Nationalism over Imperialism dates back to Woodrow Wilson and WWI.

Outside of this forum, how much have you been exposed to Zionist influence? Let me guess:

You're not a Zionist.
Your parents aren't Zionists.
Your schooling wasn't controlled by Zionists, nor did you learn from any materials written by Zionists.
Your mosque isn't controlled by Zionists.
Your government neither is controlled by Zionists, nor exposed to Zionist influences.

Now I will guess how exposed you have been to anti-Israel Arab influence (Here, "Arabs" = "Arab dictators, monarchs, and their instruments"):

Your government accepts direction and support from Arabs.
Your schools are heavily influenced by Arabs.
Your country is suffering from insurgents brained and trained by Arabs.
Your mosques are supported by Arabs.
Your family knows people who know and are supported by Arabs.
You, yourself, are eager to toe the Arab line for the perceived opportunities and material advantages that approval by Arabs may open up for you.

Comment?

Well the highlighted points are somewhat ambiguous.Actually it would make complete logic to recruit few Agents Posing as Pious Imams and spreading lies and disbelief about Islam in the Population.

Well our Government is not only controlled indirectly by Zionists but it also fulfilled their objectives.for example keeping Pakistan Backward and Poor.

As Far as Arabs are concerned.If Prophet Muhammad(SAWW) would not be from Arabs and the holy sites would not be in Arab i would actually hate Arabs more than Zionists.They have given rise to extremism in Pakistan.Arab Money for extremism is the cause of all the evils in Pakistan

You know what how you have survived and thrived and caused so much trouble to Pakistan due to those weak Arabs.Had you been our Neighbor we would had wiped you out in 1948.

Solomon i have noticed that you try to be friendly towards Pakistanis.But your last highlighted Sentence shows your true inner Zionist.

IF Israeli support for the United States" were even a real concept there would be some hits. Don't you think?
Not at all. For comparison, I just Googled "Pakistani support for the United States". I got one hit.

it would make complete logic to recruit few Agents Posing as Pious Imams and spreading lies and disbelief about Islam in the Population.
Do you really think your own mosque could be controlled by Zionists? Wow!

our Government is not only controlled indirectly by Zionists but it also fulfilled their objectives.for example keeping Pakistan Backward and Poor.
Yet you can't point to any specific Zionist influence or control, can you? So this remains a hypothesis.

If Prophet Muhammad(SAWW) would not be from Arabs and the holy sites would not be in Arab i would actually hate Arabs more than Zionists.
Didn't Muhammed state, in one of his last speeches to Muslims, that there should be no difference between Arab and non-Arab Muslims?

You know what how you have survived and thrived and caused so much trouble to Pakistan due to those weak Arabs.
????

Had you been our Neighbor we would had wiped you out in 1948.
The way a Pakistani Muslim mob tried to wipe out a Pakistani Christian community recently?

Solomon i have noticed that you try to be friendly towards Pakistanis.But your last highlighted Sentence shows your true inner Zionist.
Explain, please.

Do you really think your own mosque could be controlled by Zionists? Wow!

yes not only i believe in it but also have a firm confidence in it that many of our Masjid spreading terrorism and especially sectarianism are on the payroll of Zionists.

Yet you can't point to any specific Zionist influence or control, can you? So this remains a hypothesis.

American Aid????

Didn't Muhammed state, in one of his last speeches to Muslims, that there should be no difference between Arab and non-Arab Muslims?

Yes Prophet MUHAMMAD(SAWW) said so.But when i say that i am afraid of criticizing Arabs(95% of Pakistani Population is)that's due to the Fact that Prophet MUHAMMAD(SAWW) is from Arabs and also the holy sites are also located in Arabia.So I am afraid of Criticizing Arabs.

And then you say that you don't know anything.This thing has been stated and explained more than a million times so no matter i am not going to repeat for your laziness.

The way a Pakistani Muslim mob tried to wipe out a Pakistani Christian community recently?

When did this came into the discussion.I have 2 things for you.

1.They did some Bad Things with the Holy Quran.And this is not Europe where you can get away with such things.

2.Even if they were attacked without fault.You should know that Zionist and Arab Supported extremist must show some results to their Paymasters to get payment for services.

Explain, please.

I presume you are not a small innocent kid that needs to someone to tell him what is wrong.If you have Problems with Pakistanis don't try to hide them behind the mask of friendship.

yes not only i believe in it but also have a firm confidence in it that many of our Masjid spreading terrorism and especially sectarianism are on the payroll of Zionists.
You have "firm confidence" - but it is an entirely unsupported confidence, yes? On the other hand, you have certain knowledge and experience of Arab influence and attempted domination of your country.

when i say that i am afraid of criticizing Arabs(95% of Pakistani Population is)that's due to the Fact that Prophet MUHAMMAD(SAWW) is from Arabs and also the holy sites are also located in Arabia.So I am afraid of Criticizing Arabs.
Pakistani diplomats tell us American Jews much the same thing. Yet would the Saudis would ever keep a Pakistani from going to Mecca or Medina because of a difference of opinion? Remember, they let the Sudanese president go last year, so their standards seem pretty broad.

And then you say that you don't know anything.This thing has been stated and explained more than a million times...They did some Bad Things with the Holy Quran...I presume you are not a small innocent kid that needs to someone to tell him what is wrong...If you have Problems with Pakistanis don't try to hide them behind the mask of friendship.
I really don't know what you mean, I've pretty much lost you here.

Gotta get ready for Shabbat, bye!

Back
Top Bottom