What's new

US Fleeing From Afghanistan - then what?

Mujib why are you so obsessed with Pakistan????
Whatever happens with NATO involvement in that region is matter between the neighbours to decide. NOTHING TO DO WITH BANGLADESH!!!!!
I personally have nothing against the Bangladeshis but you seem to have strong obsession with PAK.

I have seen you using your energy to the full on Indian and even Australian forums trying to dictate what actions the Pak Military should take.
In all senses and purposes this is for the Pak Army to decide.

As regard to the post I’m sure it’s quite clear what the scenario will be for afghan.
Nato will have to leave and very likely Taliban will come back….
But Pak army will have to tread very carefully with the approach to the Taliban.
E.G. after 9/11 Pakistan exhausted all efforts to make available the serious situation the talibvan were in and for them to hand over bin ladeon …
But unfortunately they did not understand the seriousness of the situation at the time and also this excuse that the Taliban were bound by pashtunwali is nonsense.

Bin ladeon was only helped because he gave out millions to the Taliban and his AQ organisation worked with the Taliban to kill and locate their enemies such as Ahmad Shah Massoud.
A worrying situation would be if Taliban in power in afghan then some elements of it could shelter terrorists that have killed our soldiers/civilians and whom the Pak Army is fighting now in NWFP .

SO THE DICE WILL HAVE TO BE CONTROLLED CAREFULLY….

1. This is an open forum of members for academic discussion. We have our views/likes/dislikes, but none of us speak for his nation. What Pakistan Military or Army will do is for the people of Pakistan to decide. Same with Afghans. As such your post does not dissuade/discourage me from taking part in discussions.

2. Yes, we are trying to figure out the scenario after the invaders have been kicked out in full. As various posters have opined it is definitely not clear what that will be. Pak interest. Pakhtuns. Northern Alliance. Russia.Iran.India.USA. All stake-holders/interest groups would like to stay through proxies of some sort. Afghanistan is strategically v important. But the Afghans are incredibly tough.

3. An outcome that appears to be emerging is that the peoples of Afghanistan and Pakistan may get closer after the invaders exit. Such an unity,if sustained, could give birth to a resurgent Afghan- Pathan power dominating this region. Such an outcome will see Pakistan emerge stronger economically, politically and militarily.

Ok thank you for acknowledging the fact and clearing up your confusion.
I noticed since my observer days that there some anti pak Bangladeshis who always try to bring in Pakistan at every opportunity (I think you know that some of these exist)

I would agree with your number 3 scenarios, when the invaders will leave things could improve.
However as you mentioned there will be fault lines once NATO leaves Afghanistan.

Tajiks, Uzbeks, afghan hazaras would never comprise with a Taliban led regime .there could be a permanent 2nd Kurdistan (if you know what I mean)?
One of the scenarios that you mentioned something along the lines of 2nd Bangladesh or something i.e. that the Pashtun and balouch may break away or something from Pakistan I think that’s an over estimate.

1st unlike Bangladesh that was 1,600 km apart from us, Afghanistan and NWFP are right next to us.
2ndThe baloch insurgency is not very organised they are a faction of loose/small groups with different goals.
3rd The pathans on other hand are somewhat organised but I don’t think they care for a pashtunistan or something like instead they want a 2nd Taliban regime in pak……..

Also the TTP and other groups cannot win in the long run because they are fighting state institutions e.g. the ARMY, POLICE, other services and groups etc.
But unfortunately for us as well we no choice but to negotiate with “SOME TALIBAN” groups as there is no other alternative !!!!! I mean ask a simple afghan the choice between KARZAI or TALIBAN?
The answer would be pretty obvious unless there is another option which would be very very rare.
Also many of those calling for pashtunistan are sitting in west doing cleaning jobs and getting illegally smuggled from Pakistan/Iran to Europe and the Americas.

Further more the Americans don’t and never cared for nation building. They got their “Man” SUPPOSEDLY!!! So they got no business left in Afghanistan except from some gas and other resources.
More over India is heavily involved in Afghanistan, you got no idea how deep its relationship with afghan government is. 21 consulates in a war torn country????? LOL no other nation has such deep practical commitments with any war torn country as does India what USA WANTS IS OIL AND REOURCES while India not only searches for natural resources but also wants to break Pakistan
Lastly Punjabis and Sindhis form the bulk of the population of Pakistan and no Pakistani would want to see a 2nd Bangladesh , and rightly so they will fight to the end to protect it from harm.

LOL THAT’S IT FROM ME , MEN HONESTLY THIS LOOKS LIKE A WHOLE LECTURE WRITTEN BY a DEFENSE ANALYST , THAT’S IT THIS IS LAST IM SPEAKING ON THIS ISSUE . ITS VERY COMPLICATED

If u guyz are so much scared of the fallout after US leaves Afghanistan then don't let US leave......its so simple, let the US face everything and u guyz live in peace then.......:woot:

After US leaves Pakistan should add Afghanistan as additional province and setup a Army base , and move in police to help people in Afghanistan and add people into paliment from Afghanistan end of story
then please dont cry when indians are already doing exactly that in kashmir. End of epic.

There are perhaps other alternatives?

Flag_of_Pakhtunistan.png

Pakistan---Afghanistan-Border-Pashtunistan-1988.jpg

There are only 3 options for the region:

Option 1:
greater-pakistan2.jpg

The New Islamic Republic of Pakistan

Option 2:
Greater-Pakistan.jpeg

or

Option 3:
n2226967751_35707.jpg

If u guyz are so much scared of the fallout after US leaves Afghanistan then don't let US leave......its so simple, let the US face everything and u guyz live in peace then.......:woot:

Actually many of America's enemies and America's competitors want the U.S. to stay in Afghanistan as long as possible, because this war OF terror is weakening the U.S. economy and dividing so many people in the U.S. and also its a good distraction for the U.S. while the competitors emerge as global powers.

I think Taliban also want the U.S. to stay in Afghanistan. Those Taliban guys love to fight, and love to weaken superpowers.

US plans to stay in afghanistan, not flee. Their plan is like the crusaders in 12th century - build fortified bases in the areas. However, their focus is not "controlling" afghanistan, because they've failed on that, militarily. 80% of areas is under Taliban control, excepting the capital and provincial centers.

They may withdraw, but they plan to build some "permanent bases",. How successful they will be- it remains to be seen.

I like option 3. greater pakistan ruled by majority hindu population. democratic and secular.

wow i like that map..eco-friendly,secular,democratic akhand bharat..and the present pakistani flag seen somewhere indian ocean(down to the left).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom