What's new

US exempts 11 nations from Iran sanctions; China, India exposed

Might be sooner than we expect.

I don't think America is dumb enough to invade Iran, they will have to let Israel down.

But they will spin the story really well.

America will not start the war, but Israel might just push things over the edge, knowing that the US will be forced to engage. As much as everyone likes to talk about reckless mullahs, the Israelis are in a reckless class of their own.

That is our intent. Both Iran and US are important partners and we would like it to remain that way.

It's good enough to confuse the ordinary public, but I am sure the key people in the various governments know what the real deal is.

Guys - neither India nor China is cutting anything, relax :tup:

As you all know, India/China almost doubled oil imports from Iran, so even if they play the game with the West "lets increase imports by 100%, but as a public stunt will decrease up to 20% from that", its still 80% oil imports increase :azn: It seems no media in the West got that point.

About India - recent delegation to Iran said discussions were very successful, and bilateral trade with Iran will increase from 15 to 25 bln. in the near future.

Also India changed its taxes specifically to help with Iran's oil imports.

Barter and gold trading is starting to gain momentum, and Iran has no problems with exports. In January China halved oil imports while they were negotiating prices, and Iran still had the best oil export in many years. After deal was sealed, China doubled imports :azn: It seems Iran is offloading all they can produce.

Four of the countries on America’s anger list are among top 10 buyers of Iranian crude. They are China, India, South Korea and South Africa, with the first two being the two largest buyers.

Also targeted by possible financial sanctions are Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan and Turkey

I doubt American will sanction its allies S.Korea, Taiwan Turkey and Pakistan:undecided:

As you all know, India/China almost doubled oil imports from Iran, so even if they play the game with the West "lets increase imports by 100%, but as a public stunt will decrease up to 20% from that", its still 80% oil imports increase :azn: It seems no media in the West got that point.

Also, the price of oil has been skyrocketing recently.

I read a report somewhere that said Iran might actually have benefited in terms of the overall profits.

What to do...Allah did not bless us with oil...:cheesy:

We didn't get much oil either, but we got loads of people. :D

@Hary Thomason.
That's not the case India's MRPL has decided to cut oil imports from Iran by 44%,which means India will cut Iran oil imports by 20%+.

Exclusive - India MRPL plans hefty cut in Iran oil imports | Reuters

Also Hillary Clinton said this:
"With respect to India, they are making steps that are heading in the right direction," she told a House panel on Wednesday. But "I think that we have made progress - not enough, in my view - with respect to China."

India making right steps on Iran sanctions: Hillary Clinton - Economic Times
US is our ally.:tup:

China paper slams U.S. move on Iran oil sanctions | Reuters

The People's Daily, the official newspaper of China's ruling Communist Party, said in a commentary that the U.S. move was misguided and selfish and China had every right to import oil from Iran.

"One stand-out feature of unilateralism is this: that one's own rules become the world's rules. Everyone must respect them, and if you don't, then you will be punished," the paper said, adding that previous unilateralism by the United States had led to the quagmires of Iraq and Afghanistan.

"Why is it that so-called order in such places has been slow and unobtainable, and that turmoil has continued?" the commentary said.

"The facts have proved again and again that unilateralism is not the way to resolve the world's problems, and that it will only complicate and exacerbate the situation, and not only not douse the flames but may even fan them."

It's good enough to confuse the ordinary public, but I am sure the key people in the various governments know what the real deal is.

India knows that US knows they need India on their side if they want deal with China in the future.

And we need Iran for our interests in CAR and A'stan...So its just a calculated gamble and I hope it pays off.

@Hary Thomason.
That's not the case India's MRPL has decided to cut oil imports from Iran by 44%,which means India will cut Iran oil imports by 20%+.

US is our ally.:tup:

US is our partner...not ally.

India is not going to cut supplies unless there is war between Iran and USA/Israel. We need oil not USA.

India knows that US knows they need India on their side if they want deal with China in the future.

And we need Iran for our interests in CAR and A'stan...So its just a calculated gamble and I hope it pays off.

US is our partner...not ally.

yup...calculated gamble it is...

Also, the price of oil has been skyrocketing recently.

I read a report somewhere that said Iran might actually have benefited in terms of the overall profits.

Correct, due to tension prices are much higher, so any losses Iran might have are offset by the extra profit. What was surprising to me, Iran has record oil exports now too, so with insanely high prices they are making massive profits. Granted, some of them are barter, but I think Iran-China-India can live with that :azn:

@newdelhinsa
Sorry,but didn't you read the recent Reuters report which says India will cut Iran oil imports?
Even Manglaore refinery official admitted it.
Even Hillary Clinton admitted that India is taking steps in right direction but China is not.

In the end if it comes between Iran and US,India will and should choose US.

Back
Top Bottom