What's new

US Drones Shot Down Outside Iran's Airspace

pk8

New Recruit

Reaction score
Senior Commander: US Drones Shot Down Outside Iran's Airspace

TEHRAN (FNA)- A senior Iranian military commander on Sunday confirmed earlier reports claiming that several US drones have been shot down by the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) air defense units, and said that the planes had been targeted outside Iranian airspace.

"Of course, I should say that the drones have been shot down by an air defense response of the IRGC Air Force outside Iran's airspace, that is outside our FIR (Iran's Flight Information Region), in the Persian Gulf," Deputy Head of the General Staff of Iran's Armed Forces Major General Gholam Ali Rashid told FNA.

A flight information region (FIR) is an aviation term used to describe airspace with specific dimensions, in which a flight information service and an alerting service are provided. It is the largest regular division of airspace in use in the world today.

Any portion of the atmosphere belongs to some specific FIR. Smaller countries' airspace is encompassed by a single FIR, larger countries' airspace is subdivided into a number of regional FIRs.

Rashid further added that these pilotless planes are currently kept and controlled by the IRGC.

Rashid also did not reject reports on Russia's potential willingness to buy the targeted drones.

Meantime, Commander of the IRGC Naval Forces Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi told FNA on Saturday that the IRGC will definitely show these crippled drones in an appropriate time.

The remarks came after Commander of the IRGC Aerospace Force Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh told "Payam Engelab" (Message of the Revolution), an internal publication of the IRGC, that Iranian military forces had shot down several spy planes of foreign forces, adding that two of these planes had been shot down over the Persian Gulf.

"We have, thus far, shot down a large number of their highly advanced spy planes".

He declined to mention the exact date and location of the development.

After shooting down these planes the IRGC aerospace unit has copied and produced them in large numbers through reverse engineering, the commander added.

sorce:Fars News Agency :: Senior Commander: US Drones Shot Down Outside Iran's Airspace

'"We have, thus far, shot down a large number of their highly advanced spy planes".

After shooting down these planes the IRGC aerospace unit has copied and produced them in large numbers through reverse engineering, the commander added.'

Im sorry to say this but that line makes me even more suspicious of Iran's previous statements of there accomplishments. How can they reverse engineer something and then produce it in large numbers so fast? Unless the Iranians made a dumb downed version or the advanced 'American' spy drone had a instructions sheet attached to it when they found the wreckage... I might be wrong tho. :/

Last edited:
'"We have, thus far, shot down a large number of their highly advanced spy planes".

After shooting down these planes the IRGC aerospace unit has copied and produced them in large numbers through reverse engineering, the commander added.'

Im sorry to say this but that line makes me even more suspicious of Iran's previous statements of there accomplishments. How can they reverse engineer something and then produce it in large numbers so fast? Unless the Iranians made a dumb downed version or the advanced 'American' spy drone had a instructions sheet attached to it when they found the wreckage... I might be wrong tho. :/
The same two points that caught my eye. I would say that all those Iranian projects that are only talked about and not revealed are simply for local political consumption. You see, the current Iranian regime has to feed people's imagination of a messiah standing against an 'evil enemy' which in this case is the entire West and United States in specific.

I really do wonder if they have anything at all in reality except for the few things they have shown to the public. As a famous saying goes, "every absolutist regime needs an enemy to survive itself".

I dont believe in dictators. It's hard to differentiate words & lies.
Why does Iran need to reverse engineer "highly advanced spy planes" when it already supposedly has stealth UCAV's of it's own ?

I dont believe in dictators. It's hard to differentiate words & lies.
Why does Iran need to reverse engineer "highly advanced spy planes" when it already supposedly has stealth UCAV's of it's own ?

The pictures of what's stealth UAVs are can be found online though I've never heard of the stealth UCAV. I would imagine that Iran has developed itself very well in reverse engineering, because it has started making aircraft from the reverse engineered technology.

I first read about this on a Iranian government news website, there was no mention of producing the UAVs in large numbers.

No big deal. Just print more money.
78776791.gif

The same two points that caught my eye. I would say that all those Iranian projects that are only talked about and not revealed are simply for local political consumption. You see, the current Iranian regime has to feed people's imagination of a messiah standing against an 'evil enemy' which in this case is the entire West and United States in specific.

I really do wonder if they have anything at all in reality except for the few things they have shown to the public. As a famous saying goes, "every absolutist regime needs an enemy to survive itself".

Should you talk about the things you don't know? If you drag yourself out of the hole then you will see that the West already acknowledges the coming of such Messiah and they have started preparing to resist it. They feed their public that no such thing is going to happen and they have been very successful in your case. Living in a "ignorance is bliss" world eh? :whistle:

And you shouldn't be worried of statement put by Iranian officials. Time will tell what was wrong and what was right.

Back
Top Bottom