What's new

US Drone strikes in Pakistan are illegal under international law.

Of course it will be hard to catch him. But he will be caught, it is only a matter of time.

although Al Zwahiri is nowhere close to being a leader and Charismatic too as was OBL. but that SOB is hardcore criminal, a savage who radicalized OBL as well.

where ever he is hiding .. he will continue to live in cover forever. if he is in Pakistan then for sure he will be sold out. although his stop stage position has been taken over by Iraqi savages but he remains to be a top pest that needs to be put down.

now think where should he be?
where the action is?

Pakistan?
maybe.. because it is still in the state of war and chaos and IDP's movement helps to mask his movement too. so he maybe most likely in settled areas of Pakistan.

Middle East?
maybe .. because all the (large scale) Jihadi action is in Syria and Iraq.. and there is plenty of landmass and people to support him and protect him.

Nah, I think he is far too cunning for that. He will likely be betrayed by his own and caught.
if he is cunning then he wont be caught out
he will have his protection detail changed or executed repeatedly
many known psychotic leaders with known brutality had a record of having their own protection detail executed or changed constantly.

although Al Zwahiri is nowhere close to being a leader and Charismatic too as was OBL. but that SOB is hardcore criminal, a savage who radicalized OBL as well.

where ever he is hiding .. he will continue to live in cover forever. if he is in Pakistan then for sure he will be sold out. although his stop stage position has been taken over by Iraqi savages but he remains to be a top pest that needs to be put down.

now think where should he be?
where the action is?

Pakistan?
maybe.. because it is still in the state of war and chaos and IDP's movement helps to mask his movement too. so he maybe most likely in settled areas of Pakistan.

Middle East?
maybe .. because all the (large scale) Jihadi action is in Syria and Iraq.. and there is plenty of landmass and people to support him and protect him.

many known psychotic leaders with known brutality had a record of having their own protection detail executed or changed constantly.

The net to catch him will need to be spread over a vast area from China to the Maghrib.

Yes, but the effort and resources to do that at a consistently high level gets to be tedious and quite difficult over time. He will slip up at some point, of that I am quite sure.

The net to catch him will need to be spread over a vast area from China to the Maghrib.
his death or capture will be symbolic
although the global jihadi network is segregated and works as independent and fully functional groups with full autonomy in their areas of influence... top AQ people provide the umbrella leadership, inspiration and training.

for them, personalities are very important. so I am still in favor of seeking him and his top lieutenants and taking them out.

the key word here is HUMINT... drones and laptops cant replace it. and that will be the decider in finding future terror leaders. these people exist longer than they should due to our mutual distrust (East and West) which I find very annoying.

T
Yes, but the effort and resources to do that at a consistently high level gets to be tedious and quite difficult over time. He will slip up at some point, of that I am quite sure.
Amen to that

his death or capture will be symbolic
although the global jihadi network is segregated and works as independent and fully functional groups with full autonomy in their areas of influence... top AQ people provide the umbrella leadership, inspiration and training.

for them, personalities are very important. so I am still in favor of seeking him and his top lieutenants and taking them out.

the key word here is HUMINT... drones and laptops cant replace it. and that will be the decider in finding future terror leaders. these people exist longer than they should due to our mutual distrust (East and West) which I find very annoying.

Amen to that

The death of OBL was the important symbolism for USA and 9/11. What Al-Zawahiri might inspire or foment in the ME may be useful for a while keeping in mind the bigger picture, and he can be given some leeway for that. Once his usefulness in this regard is done, he can be taken out.

The death of OBL was the important symbolism for USA and 9/11. What Al-Zawahiri might inspire or foment in the ME may be useful for a while keeping in mind the bigger picture, and he can be given some leeway for that. Once his usefulness in this regard is done, he can be taken out.
dear

you confuse me now. useful to whom?
uncle Sam? Uncle Saudi? some cabal of Muslim billionaires? or Illuminati

Remember our short talk about trying to remake the ME?
I am allergic to conspiracy theories
the most I allowed myself was to consider the statements by Musharraf where he said that since OBL was suffering from Kidney related disease and needed constant dialysis so he couldn't be mobile much and might have died or dying.

I reject the conspiracies about OBL raid that it was faked because, Pakistanis wont have "played" along because the amount of blacklash they got from TTP and the degradation of relations with Americans.

what you are saying is beyond the scope that I allow myself. I understand that all that "awakening" and "Spring" and FSA, ISIS didnt just happen out of the blue but I mostly have been blaming Riyadh's bankrolling Halal Dollar Jihad over it.

it goes against logic to allow the terrorists an unrestricted land bridge from Iraq to Israel by toppling the two dictatorial regimes (Iraq & Syria ~ almost) that were mortal enemies of Global Jihad Inc.

but what do I know eh?

I am allergic to conspiracy theories
the most I allowed myself was to consider the statements by Musharraf where he said that since OBL was suffering from Kidney related disease and needed constant dialysis so he couldn't be mobile much and might have died or dying.

I reject the conspiracies about OBL raid that it was faked because, Pakistanis wont have "played" along because the amount of blacklash they got from TTP and the degradation of relations with Americans.

what you are saying is beyond the scope that I allow myself. I understand that all that "awakening" and "Spring" and FSA, ISIS didnt just happen out of the blue but I mostly have been blaming Riyadh's bankrolling Halal Dollar Jihad over it.

it goes against logic to allow the terrorists an unrestricted land bridge from Iraq to Israel by toppling the two dictatorial regimes (Iraq & Syria ~ almost) that were mortal enemies of Global Jihad Inc.

but what do I know eh?

Hey, never let a good crisis go to waste! ;)

I believe Zawahiri is holed up in some compound similar to that of OBL. I see no way he can actively move from one place to another and not get spotted. It took many years to track Bin Ladens courier. I'm sure Zawahiri is using a similar type of communication.

Nah, I think he is far too cunning for that. He will likely be betrayed by his own and caught.
Agreed, but the majority of AQ members probably have no clue where he is. I bet you could count on one hand the number of people that know his exact location.

Agreed, but the majority of AQ members probably have no clue where he is. I bet you could count on one hand the number of people that know his exact location.

You are probably correct. However, he will be caught, undoubtedly.

US drone strike kills 5 'militants,' including foreigners in North Waziristan

By BILL ROGGIO, August 6, 2014

The US killed five 'militants,' including several "foreigners," a term used to describe al Qaeda operatives and other non-Pakistani jihadists, in the first drone strike in Pakistan in three weeks.

The remotely piloted Predators or Reapers fired a pair of missiles at a compound in the Datta Khel area of North Waziristan, Pakistani intelligence officials told Dawn. Two other jihadists were wounded in the strike. Most of those reported killed were foreigners.

The exact target of today's strike was not disclosed. No senior al Qaeda, Taliban, or other other jihadist leaders or commanders are reported to have been killed in the strike.

Today's strike is the fourth in Datta Khel since July 6. The last four strikes in Pakistan have all taken place in the Datta Khel area. The last strike, which took place on July 19, killed eight militants, including two commanders from the Punjabi Taliban, a conglomeration of jihadist groups from Pakistan's Punjab province. The Punjabi Taliban commanders' names were not disclosed by Pakistani officials. The Punjabi Taliban, whose leader, Asmatullah Muawiya, also serves as an al Qaeda commander, has been agreeable to conducting peace talks with the Pakistani government.

The US is thought to have killed six al Qaeda leaders and operatives in the July 10 drone strike in Datta Khel. Sanafi al Nasr, a senior al Qaeda leader based in Syria, identified three of those killed as Taj al Makki, Abu Abdurahman al Kuwaiti, and Fayez Awda al Khalidi.

The Datta Khel area, where today's strike took place, is administered by Hafiz Gul Bahadar, the top Taliban commander for North Waziristan. Bahadar provides shelter to senior al Qaeda leaders as well as terrorists from numerous Pakistani and Central Asian terror groups.

Datta Khel is a known hub of Taliban, Haqqani Network, and al Qaeda activity. While Bahadar administers the region, the Haqqani Network, al Qaeda, and allied Central Asian jihadist groups are also based in the area. The Lashkar al Zil, al Qaeda's Shadow Army, is known to operate a command center in Datta Khel. Some of al Qaeda's top leaders have been killed in drone strikes in Datta Khel, including Mustafa Abu Yazid, a longtime al Qaeda leader and close confidant of Osama bin Laden and Ayman al Zawahiri; Abdullah Said al Libi, the commander of the Shadow Army; and Zuhaib al Zahibi, a general in the Shadow Army.

The US has now carried out six drone strikes in Pakistan since June 11. Five of the strikes took place after the Pakistani military launched an operation that is targeting some Taliban elements in North Waziristan.

Read more: http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2014/08/us_drone_strike_kill_29.php#ixzz39fMQAkwq

Drone strike kills 5 near Pak-Afghan border

BANNU - A US drone strike killed at least five suspected militants near the Afghan border in northwestern Pakistan on Wednesday, intelligence officials said.

According to the officials the strike killed between five and eight militants. Six locals and two foreigners were killed in the strike in the district of Datta Khel in the mountainous region of North Waziristan.

The death toll could not be independently confirmed because North Waziristan has been off limits to journalists since the military announced an anti-Taliban offensive there in June. Even before the operation, the military and militants often prevented journalists from visiting the sites of drone strikes.

The US halted drone strikes for the first six months of the year as Pakistan attempted to negotiate peace with the Taliban insurgents, who want to overthrow the civilian government.

But the talks failed and drone strikes resumed a few days before the military announced its offensive. Since then, there have been at least seven attacks, excluding the one reported on Wednesday, according to the Bureau for Investigative Journalism, which tracks the strikes based on media reports.

Drone strike kills 5 near Pak-Afghan border

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom