What's new

US dismisses LSE report, says cooperation with Pakistan unprecedented

mod pls merge with the same thread running

mod pls merge with the same thread running

hmmm, suspicious, new member and already asking mod to merge the threads, quite knowledgeable. hmmm

Just joking :woot:
You are hired

i think it's a pressure of pak govt on usa govt. may be pak govt denied to help the usa to fight against taliban if usa accept the "true LSE report."

i also think so....i think they denied LSE report due to pak participation in us-taliban war and pak-afghan border factor.

We have proven incident where PAF personnel were involved in attack on Musharraf then President of Pakistan. Pray tell me if serving members of the armed forces can be seduced to be actively involved in killing their own President; what stops members of ISI from helping Afghan Taliban.

I am certain that there must be some members of the secret services, be it ISI or CID, albeit very few, who actively support Taliban. Else how the guns could be smuggled into the Lal Masjid despite ISI Head Qtrs located next door. Yesterday in Karachi sectarian organization members were rescued from the police in broad day light from the City Court. Don’t think it would have been possible without some covert inside help.

When you have PML-N Rana Sana Ullah openly supporting SSP stalwarts and Shahbaz Sharif gov't providing financial support to Jamaat Dawa, an organization blacklisted by the UN; political party leaders such as Munawwar Hassan of JI publicly admitting their admiration for Taliban; what can you expect but bigotry to remain rampant?

How many times we have seen posts where some members refer to FATA residents killed thru US Drone attacks each time someone condemns suicide bombings? To my simply mind such posts imply that murder of countless innocent victims in terrorist bombing attacks is justified as ‘Revenge’.

Fact remains that a small but significant section of Pakistan society thinks that Taliban are fighting for Islam. Attacks on Pakistan security forces are justified on the basis that GOP is a US stooge and that we are fighting America's war. To kill security personnel is okay because friend of the enemy (USA) is also enemy of Islam. Killing of innocents in suicide bombings is collateral damage; thus regrettable but unavoidable.

ISI, Police, politicians and Media personnel including members of this forum are all part of the same society. LSE report is without doubt exaggerated but not totally untrue.

Zia promoted many extremists into esteemed positions within the army and other sectors to further his "Islamic" goals. He died but many of the his kind remained and they do not care about the common man on the streets. The way they blew up ojhri without any hindsight tells you a lot, after that incident Zia went into hiding and when he was finally forced out, someone murdered him and the people involved.

There are two parallel ISI running side by side, one is of the clean cut hard working well to do people, the other is the one which deals with the dangerous elements. From the latter, you have those who sympathise with the extremists, you can bet that a small section work for a different goal entirely.

Let's see how they are rooted out from the matrix.

There are two parallel ISI running side by side, one is of the clean cut hard working well to do people, the other is the one which deals with the dangerous elements. From the latter, you have those who sympathise with the extremists, you can bet that a small section work for entirely a different goal.

I wish I could thank your more than once.

There are two parallel ISI running side by side, one is of the clean cut hard working well to do people, the other is the one which deals with the dangerous elements. From the latter, you have those who sympathise with the extremists, you can bet that a small section work for entirely a different goal.

In India the possibility of similar help to Maoists and other rebel outfits cannot be counted out but this has not reached dangerous proportions.

For Pakistan's case what could be the reason for such an undercurrent of support to exist and become so strong for so long a time?

When you tell someone that he has been doing the right thing for 10+ years, it will take the same amount of time to explain to him that doing the completely opposite thing is actually the right thing to do. Indoctrination does not work on just the weak minds.

The case I described for my country persists in all other nations too but it varies. The thing worth noting is that infiltration of certain sectors by people with different goals is not uncommon. It also does not help that these people in their quest for reaching their own goals seek external help that they so often get.

A recent case being of Jundullah and its leader Mohammed Rigi, as long as war persists and you have different forces concentrated in an area, you can expect a lot of infiltration, attacks and de stability of the region.

Everyone in the quest to be the sole benefactor of a situation will try all it an and we have yet again faced the similar problem that we faced in 80's. KGB teamed up with RAW and KHAD to destabilize and attack Pakistan as much as it can and supported the opposition terrorist elements namely Al-Zulfiqar.

But you can be rest assured that those who harm the country meet their fate. You will have noticed that any Pakistani's who attacked Pakistan itself have been knocked off at a later stage.

New Delhi
- European Union foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton voiced concern Wednesday about reports that the Pakistani intelligence agency was supporting the Taliban rebels.

'We have not had any direct discussions but obviously the EU is looking with great concern at the reports which are coming out,' Ashton told a news conference in New Delhi.

She said the 27-nation bloc was looking at ways to help the Pakistan's civilian government 'to make sure they are able to tackle any aspect of terrorism.'

A London School of Economics study said Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) provided funding, training and sanctuary to the Afghan Taliban on a scale much larger than previously thought.

Pakistan dismissed the study, saying it did not meet the basic standards of research.

Ashton also met India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Foreign Minister SM Krishna and other leaders, focusing on the security situation in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Officials also also firmed up the agenda for an India-EU summit to be held in Brussels in October.

Ashton was scheduled to meet Security Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram later Wednesday and end her four-day visit Thursday.

EU chief diplomat voices concern over Pakistan-Taliban links - Monsters and Critics

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom