What's new

US diplomat involved in road accident to leave after judicial proceedings: report

US diplomat doesn’t enjoy ‘absolute’ immunity: IHC

A single bench of IHC comprising Justice Aamer Farooq announced the verdict which he had reserved after hearing arguments of both the sides and ruled that the US diplomat does not enjoy “absolute” immunity.

https://nation.com.pk/12-May-2018/us-diplomat-doesn-t-enjoy-absolute-immunity-ihc?show=blocksTalking

What the IHC actually ruled. None the less some justification will be provided now.

Diplomatic sources further confirmed that Col Hall was a US diplomat who held absolute immunity as per the Vienna Convention of 1972 and the privileges Pakistan extends to diplomats.

He enjoyed immunity from any criminal, administrative or civil action, they said.

Go read international Law with regards to people with diplomatic status.... verifying of diplomatic status is the job of FO, not IHC...

Diplomatic sources further confirmed that Col Hall was a US diplomat who held absolute immunity as per the Vienna Convention of 1972 and the privileges Pakistan extends to diplomats.

He enjoyed immunity from any criminal, administrative or civil action, they said.

Go read international Law with regards to people with diplomatic status.... verifying of diplomatic status is the job of FO, not IHC...

He can have as much immunity as he likes.

The damage for the Americans is complete now. This is a diplomatic catastrophe.

This puts America in a terrible spot. This is a PR disaster.

Too shortsighted. The damage for the Americans has been completed. This has dragged on for weeks now and the people of Pakistan won't forget this tragedy.

America is a disrespectful nation that loves to kill the citizens of other nations. It has no regard for the rule of law.

So what if the Americans managed to flee with their killer? You define this as a victory or success? This not how nations who seek favors and cooperation behave with other nations. The Americans have only harmed their interests and reputation among Pakistanis.

They might have rescued their killer under the garb of immunity, but the diplomatic harm and fallout is immense. This is something which cannot be repaired in years let alone months. There is going to be a massive backlash. Anti-American sentiments will rise.

The Americans seek a lot of cooperation from Pakistan. You can be rest assured that the Americans will only find more obstacles. The Americans are the biggest losers in this whole affair.
Their loss....

Hahaha.... So you want to disregard your own high courts,ruling once I point out to you what IHC actually ruled.No wonder raymond davis, salala et al keep happening here...

Their loss....

It is completely their loss.

You think this relationship ends after the rescue of their killer? LOL

Like I said, the Americans have totally destroyed their standing.

Instead of reaching out and admitting guilt they flexed their muscle and abused power. The proof is overwhelmingly against the killer. Yes, he may have complete immunity, but there is also something known as goodwill gesture. It puts the the Americans in a terrible spotlight.

Make no mistake. In the world of diplomacy this mistake ranks as a cardinal sin. There is a heavy price the Americans are going to pay on diplomatic level. This does not end here. It only begins.

Last edited:
Trust me if our diplomat was involved in such kind of accident. I can give you my word he would have never been able to get out of prison.

Hahaha.... So you want to disregard your own high courts,ruling once I point out to you what IHC actually ruled.No wonder raymond davis, salala et al keep happening here...
you pointed out nothing ...... IHC rulings does not apply on diplomats ... get that into ur skull.... GOV is bound to follow the international law with regards to diplomats......
i stated the facts, people with diplomatic immunity enjoy complete immunity .......

After nawaz statement pressure is increased so much on us so he is released.i think soon shakeel afridi
will also be released

I think a pakistani diplomat now shd runs over some US citizen and then see then what diplomatic immunity vaporizes..... we are weak, we shd accept that... we let US drones, kill our people... and handed over 'suspects' to US etc.

I think a pakistani diplomat now shd runs over some US citizen and then see then what diplomatic immunity vaporizes..... we are weak, we shd accept that... we let US drones, kill our people... and handed over 'suspects' to US etc.

We are not like Americans. Killing is an American obsession.

Yes, our leaders are b@stards.

Say what? You think Americans are the only ones? I can point out some facts that foreign diplomats have killed Americans on U.S. soil and was able to leave because of their diplomatic immunity status.

We are not like Americans. Killing is an American obsession.

Yes, our leaders are b@stards.

Right....

Say what? You think Americans are the only ones? I can point out some facts that foreign diplomats have killed Americans on U.S. soil and was able to leave because of their diplomatic immunity status.

Right....

You have had your two minutes of fame. We will see what the diplomatic fallout is.

You think it is that easy to runaway after killing an innocent man? There are always reprecussions.

You have had your two minutes of fame. We will see what the diplomatic fallout is.

You think it is that easy to runaway after killing an innocent man? There are akways reprecussions.

Look up about foreign diplomats who killed U.S. citizens and got away with it. May surprise you.

If after salala nothing happened where dozens of soldiers were killed, you think anything will happen due to the death of a citizen in an accident. Lets be real here.

Look up about foreign diplomats who killed U.S. citizens and got away with it. May surprise you.

Pakistanis are not responsible for the killing of your citizens.

Raymond Davis and Joseph Hall on the other hand are responsible for killing innocent Pakistanis.

There is a colossal difference.

If after salala nothing happened where dozens of soldiers were killed, you think anything will happen due to the death of a citizen in an accident. Lets be real here.

A lot has happened. Look at the accusations, mistrust and anger. Look at the diplomatic fallout. If you have eyes and ears you know a lot has happened and a lot is happening.

You will see soon enough how badly this damages the little and fragile diplomatic relations left.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom