What's new

US Deploys F-22's to base near Iran

The JDAM is a guidance kit that converts existing unguided gravity bombs, or "dumb bombs", into all-weather "smart" munitions. JDAM equipped bombs are guided to their target by an integrated inertial guidance system coupled with a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver for enhanced accuracy, giving them a published range of up to 15 nautical miles

Last edited by a moderator:
here...corrected your comment ;)
Your assessment is shortsighted.

1. US does not sucks in Urban warfare. Most famous example in WOT is Battle of Fallujah, which was very intense.

2. US have taught Pakistani forces a lot about counter-insurgency warfare. In addition, Operation Neptune Spear is a famous example of counter-insurgency capability of US and this event occurred deep inside in Pakistan.

A 2,000 lb JDAM strike ;)

F-22s can be equipped with larger bombs that will be capable in targeting and neutralizing key targets. In addition, this system is quite accurate.

Majority of Iran's nuclear facilities are above ground; parachin complex, tehran research reactor, yadz research reactor, lashkar abad reactor, isfahan conversion facility etc.

We ascribe to the fact that there will be some Iranian sites that will survive the tactical strike; but the overwhelming majority will be neutralized.
shows how much you know

parchin isn't even a nuclear site! It's a military site that inspectors are interested in. Most of the centrifuges in Isfahan have now been transferred to Fordo, which cannot be penetrated by anything currently available on earth, bar nukes (more on this later). Arak is an experimental heavy water reactor. Bushehr and Natanz cannot be touched because they're live (radiation over the entire ME and the subcontinent blah blah).

Iran already has enough uranium for 4-6 nukes. Iran is also enriching to 20% at Fordo and we all know that it's much easier to go from 20 to 90+ than it's to go from 3.5 to 20.

Here's info regarding Fordo:

Leon Panetta, America’s defence secretary, seems worried. He recently admitted that his own country’s new bunker-busting bomb, the Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP, pictured above being dropped from a B-52), needs an upgrade to take on the deepest Iranian bunkers. But even that may not be enough, thanks to Iran’s mastery of smart concrete

Bunker-busting: Smart concrete | The Economist

WASHINGTON: The US military has concluded that its largest conventional bomb is not capable of destroying Iran's most heavily fortified underground facilities suspected to be used for building nuclear weapons, The Wall Street Journal reported late Friday.

US 'bunker-buster' not powerful enough against Iran: Report - The Times of India

Damn! Those JDAMS pack lot of punch.

I wonder what MOP can do.

@ Abii

Penetration is one thing. Shockwaves also do damage.

Here is example:

_41545496_bunker_buster_416.gif

Also, same region can be subjected to repeated strikes until the objective is met.

A 2,000 lb JDAM strike ;)

you're a genius aren't you?

Your defense secretary says that the 30,000 pound MOP isn't capable of penetrating Iran's fortified facilities and you come up with this fire cracker?

WASHINGTON—Pentagon war planners have concluded that their largest conventional bomb isn't yet capable of destroying Iran's most heavily fortified underground facilities, and are stepping up efforts to make it more powerful, according to U.S. officials briefed on the plan.
Pentagon Seeks Mightier Bomb vs. Iran - WSJ.com

According to the Pentagon, nothing.

WASHINGTON—Pentagon war planners have concluded that their largest conventional bomb isn't yet capable of destroying Iran's most heavily fortified underground facilities, and are stepping up efforts to make it more powerful, according to U.S. officials briefed on the plan.

Pentagon Seeks Mightier Bomb vs. Iran - WSJ.com

shows how much you know

parchin isn't even a nuclear site! It's a military site that inspectors are interested in. Most of the centrifuges in Isfahan have now been transferred to Fordo, which cannot be penetrated by anything currently available on earth, bar nukes (more on this later). Arak is an experimental heavy water reactor. Bushehr and Natanz cannot be touched because they're live (radiation over the entire ME and the subcontinent blah blah).

Iran already has enough uranium for 4-6 nukes. Iran is also enriching to 20% at Fordo and we all know that it's much easier to go from 20 to 90+ than it's to go from 3.5 to 20.

Here's info regarding Fordo:

US 'bunker-buster' not powerful enough against Iran: Report - The Times of India

A firecracker has more energy yield than 20% enriched Uranium. :bunny:

A 2,000 lb JDAM strike will be more than capable of neutralizing their above ground facilities. An overwhelming majority of Iran's nuclear facilities are above ground eg, arak, ardekan, bushehr nuclear power plant, darkhovin nuclear power plant, fordow enrichment plant, isfahan research facility, natanz enrichment power plant, parachi etc.

All of these would be cauterized in a tactical surgical strike.

This , of course, does not take into consideration additional damage that would be incurred when the Israeli Air Force is unleashed.

@ Abii

Penetration is one thing. Shockwaves also do damage.

Here is example:

_41545496_bunker_buster_416.gif

Also, same region can be subjected to repeated strikes until the objective is met.

dude, I've spent many hours reading about all this stuff. I know about it all, shockways etc...
Natanz was vulnerable to shockwaves, but not Fordo. Fordo is way too deep and the concrete is smart concrete (scroll up and read The Economist article about smart concrete).

Another Economist article I read talked about repeated hits on the same spot. They observed that almost every single available MOP has to be hit on the same spot and they would have to spend every MOP on Fordo. All that would buy them a year and the facility would go back online.

I cancelled my subscription to The Economist, but if you get a chance, it was on the front page of the IRan section last week (on their site).

A 2,000 lb JDAM strike will be more than capable of neutralizing their above ground facilities. An overwhelming majority of Iran's nuclear facilities are above ground eg, arak, ardekan, bushehr nuclear power plant, darkhovin nuclear power plant, fordow enrichment plant, isfahan research facility, natanz enrichment power plant, parachi etc.

This , of course, does not take into consideration additional damage that would be incurred when the Israeli Air Force is unleashed.
What US typically discloses in the press regarding sensitive matters is very limited in details.

dude, I've spent many hours reading about all this stuff. I know about it all, shockways etc...
Natanz was vulnerable to shockwaves, but not Fordo. Fordo is way too deep and the concrete is smart concrete (scroll up and read The Economist article about smart concrete).

Another Economist article I read talked about repeated hits on the same spot. They observed that almost every single available MOP has to be hit on the same spot and they would have to spend every MOP on Fordo. All that would buy them a year and the facility would go back online.

I cancelled my subscription to The Economist, but if you get a chance, it was on the front page of the IRan section last week (on their site).
Here are some hints for you:

HINT 1: “It has great capability now and we are continuing to make it better. It is part of our arsenal and it will be a potential if we need it in that kind of scenario,” said Lt. Gen. Carlisle at a US defense conference on Thursday.

HINT 2: The weapon, known as “the massive ordnance penetrator”, is capable of smashing through 65 meters of reinforced concrete before detonating its target.

Do not assume that they are telling you guys everything and that too in magazines.

Do you even know what your govt is trying to destroy? God i'm discussing this with a complete noob.

1) Bushehr is a light water reactor that is of no value to anybody.

2) Bushehr is currently live and since not a single live reactor in history has been targetted, we can safely assume that this won't be either. Reason: a massive radioactive cloud that will cover the Persian Gulf Arab nations.

3) Natanz is underground and increasingly less valuable as the centrifuges are being transferred to Fordo.

4) Ardekan is a god damn yellow cake production plant so woopdeddooo. The bombs are more valuable.

5) The experimental reactors are again, nothing anybody's losing sleep over.

6) The only facility that matters is Fordo and even 30K MOPs are useless against it.

And one more time noob, Parchin is a military site that IAEA inspectors are interested in. It's not even a nuclear site.

I respect your optimism.

However, Pentagon has history of conducting deception; psyops and actual military facts go side-by-side. Make the opponent guessing.

Iran doesn't have to guess. A country that produces concrete with nano particles, claimed to be the strongest on the planet by American and European analysts, doesn't have to guess or have its fingers crossed.

Apparently our own defense secretary, Leon Panetta, is worried that American bunker-busters may not be able to penetrate Iran’s deepest bunkers, especially considering Iran’s smart ultra-high performance concrete. The Economist explains how Iranian concrete mixers dope their material with quartz powder and special fibers, which allow the concrete to withstand higher pressure and remain rigid even in shaky conditions.
Could Iran's Ultra-Tough Concrete Withstand Bunker-Busting Bombs? | Popular Science

F-22 has 0.001 RCS m2, which means you see it with your bare eyes before it appears on radar. The only feasible detection system capable of detecting it from a relatively considerable range (60km) is OLS:
3041516727_5186094577_o.jpg

Iran doesn't have to guess.
It has to. Otherwise, it will be repeating the mistakes of Saddam.

A country that produces concrete with nano particles, claimed to be the strongest on the planet by American and European analysts, doesn't have to guess or have its fingers crossed.

Could Iran's Ultra-Tough Concrete Withstand Bunker-Busting Bombs? | Popular Science

You need to recheck your own sources;

Deep bunkers can be tackled in other ways. The DTRA has looked at what is known in the jargon as functional defeat, in other words bombing their entrances shut or destroying their electrical systems with electromagnetic pulses. They are also working on active penetrators—bombs which can tunnel through hundreds of metres of earth, rock and concrete. Development work is also under way on esoteric devices such as robot snakes, carrying warheads, which can infiltrate via air ducts and cable runs.

This is what I have been talking about for several months here.

Also, much of the information regarding MOP is classified. You cannot expect such details to be revealed in magazines and press. I have already hinted upon this:

HINT 1: “It has great capability now and we are continuing to make it better. It is part of our arsenal and it will be a potential if we need it in that kind of scenario,” said Lt. Gen. Carlisle at a US defense conference on Thursday.

HINT 2: The weapon, known as “the massive ordnance penetrator”, is capable of smashing through 65 meters of reinforced concrete before detonating its target.

The JDAM is a guidance kit that converts existing unguided gravity bombs, or "dumb bombs", into all-weather "smart" munitions. JDAM equipped bombs are guided to their target by an integrated inertial guidance system coupled with a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver for enhanced accuracy, giving them a published range of up to 15 nautical miles

This guy is very excited abt war.

Man u r just zionist's slaves nt more than tht, think how u americans destroyed Iraq and Afghanistan incase if it happens with ur nation im sure ur nt tht excited and buried long time ago in some where in the earth.

Back
Top Bottom