What's new

US could take unilateral action in Pakistan: Robert Gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the issue of 'unilateral action in Pakistan', I still fail to see what the US wishes to accomplish by knocking out a half dozen or so militants every other week.

The repercussions in terms of shifting the opinion in Pakistan and the Tribal belt even further against any cooperation on the WoT is on the other hand significant, and continues to pose a huge problem in winning the support of the people, which is essential for winning the WoT long term, though not in the Neo-con books apparently.

What isn't expected? Am I suggesting that we just go out and bomb India?

No.

What I am saying is that it makes absolutely no sense to bomb US forces in Afghanistan, since the cost to the US, and the world, will be negligible.

On the other hand, a deterrent aimed at India and (perhaps) the Gulf shipping/oil infrastructure has greater deterrent value, since the cost in both human and economic terms will be far greater. IF a certain point is crossed in terms of endangering Pakistan's viable existence.

That is all there is to it. You are being too sensitive. Pakistan did not attain a nuclear deterrent to just showcase in parades - it is meant to be used if a threshold is crossed, to prevent that threshold from being crossed.

Well Said Bro. But the illeteracy of our society is our biggest enemy. We must educate the nation so that they can deny corrupt politicians in order to strengthen the country's economy Because a nuclear but poor Pakistan will be another Nuclear but poor North Korea. Hunger is the biggest enemy. They will solve the problem of nuclear threat and they will be successful in inventing effective anti-balistic missliles some day. if our situation continues in the same way then we are doomed when the day comes. So nuclear detterent will not last long. We need to strengthen educationally, morally and economically to defend ourselves.

Do you think US cares a hoot about India, that if you threaten India US will tone down or won't carry out it's plans

In fact if you do it you will play in to their hands as it will become a two front war for you people

You can very well forget about nuking East for West cause if you do so you can very well say bye-bye to Pakistan

US doesn't want to hold Pakistan land all they want is a free hand to bomb Pakistani soil from where elements that threaten them operate, and if they decide so no body can stop them best bet for Pakistan is to stop playing the double game and clean it's territory of Mujaheddins, Jihadis, Talibans (religious soldiers), freedom fighters a.ka. terrorists

AM, I don't think you are making any sense (I am sorry to say that but this was least expected from you). This can be termed as international blackmail at best. If this comes in to picture then what do you think still pakistan can survive? NO.

Yes Pakistan will not survive but so will not India. This situation is best expressed in the following statement.

Hum to dobein gae sanam par tumhen bhi le dobeing gey.

So it is coming to Islam so your bomb will destruct only hindus haan?, if suppose you say that you will hit Israel/ India and Israel/ India says that they will hit everywhere where is Islam then?

Don't be insane here.
If somebody is attacking you attack that country as simple as that.

Either you are a brain teaser or playing dumb. India is America's biggest market. And the US will never want her biggest market to be ruined. Got it?

Yes Pakistan will not survive but so will not India. This situation is best expressed in the following statement.

Hum to dobein gae sanam par tumhen bhi le dobeing gey.

So you want to harm India because Uncle Sam wants to take unilateral action on your western borders with Afghanistan which are safe heavens for terrorists. LOL it's like saying I will go to war with any random country if US attacks us, it sounds great for your international diplomacy

Oh another crap, I am sick of hearing it, Actions speak louder then words, this is 5th time i am hearing this now

So you want to harm India because Uncle Sam wants to take unilateral action on your western borders with Afghanistan which are safe heavens for terrorists. LOL it's like saying I will go to war with any random country if US attacks us, it sounds great for your international diplomacy

ahh cut the crap, if any country who is likely to attack Pakistan is India, as for US is concern it there way of saying 'do more', nothing else

WHY ARE YOU DISCUSSING A TWO YEAR OLD NEWS PIECE.

This is clearly from 2008.

Updated at: 0915 PST, Monday, September 29, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom