What's new

US Considers F-35 Aircraft Sale To UAE

Yes it does... Turkey has an ecosystem build for years and years around it and for it... and even bigger expension in other sys of that type in other department...While KSA do not... and will not at least in the coming decade and even more... Things like that is not a matter of money (only)... but mostly of skilled ppl... and a matured Industry to sustain it...

You have, only, a mind to think just a little bit logical ? I suppose. Or you are blind ?

Again :

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/did-...ngs-visit-to-china.492460/page-2#post-9432302

You have, only, a mind to think just a little bit logical ? I suppose. Or you are blind ?

Again :

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/did-...ngs-visit-to-china.492460/page-2#post-9432302

I saw it...but I can't grasp the meaning of showing me the purpose of a transformation and maintenance center...compared to an industry around the F-35 manufacturing...
You can ask other guys more knowledgeable and "known" for it around here... and their answer will be almost the same... KSA need a decade and more to catch the train to manufacture F-35... (Skilled workers/Industries/Faciltities etc... )with everything involved around it...

I saw it...but I can't grasp the meaning of showing me the purpose of a transformation and maintenance center...compared to an industry around the F-35 manufacturing...
You can ask other guys more knowledgeable and "known" for it around here... and their answer will be almost the same... KSA need a decade and more to catch the train to manufacture F-35... (Skilled workers/Industries/Faciltities etc... )with everything involved around it...

So you are really blind. Not all manufacturing, just elements of the plane F-35. Exactly like Turkey and Israel - fuselage, wing and engine (manufacture of parts and maintenance) -, like KSA (Link).

Im not a shia and middle east has to get out of this stupid sick mentality which always seas iran is a threat yes iran has some stupid things done but ig is a mixture of stupidity from both sides which led muslims to see each other bigger threat which is a agenda of enemies of islam

Iran has to clear all reservations of middle east and middle east has to sincerely consider new door of reconciliation in region rather than fighting

ok let's say only one part?
What is your range to establish smthing like that? a year?

Training teams (enough number of staff) 4 to 5 years for fuselage and/or wing - Alsalam Aircraft Company -.

Middle East Propulsion Company (MEPC) is already ready. There is not much in difference with a F-35 engine, F-15 engine or Eurofighter Typhoon engine.

Last edited:
Training teams (enough number of staff) 4 to 5 years for fuselage and/or wing - Alsalam Aircraft Company -.

Middle East Propulsion Company (MEPC) is already ready. There is not much in difference with an engine of F-35, an engine of F-15 or an engine of Eurofighter Typhoon.

well... Here somthing for you.
https://www.compositesworld.com/new...ter-fuselage-to-northrop-grumman-for-f-35-jsf
https://www.f35.com/global/participation/turkey-industrial-participation

Check the dates... that's Turkey and it's Industrial power for the manufacturing process time to get the first pcs...

A good read

Turkey
Industrial Participation
In total for Lockheed Martin and Pratt & Whitney, F-35 Production Industrial Participation opportunities for Turkish companies are expected to reach more than $12 billion.

Below are details on the 10 Turkish companies who have supported the development and/or production of F-35 / F135.

Alp Aviation has been supporting the program since 2004 and currently manufactures F-35 production airframe structure and assemblies, production landing gear components and over 100 F135 production engine parts to include titanium integrated blade rotors.
Aselsan is developing manufacturing approaches for advanced optical components, which are part of the F-35 Electro Optical Targeting System. They are also working with Northrup Grumman on the F-35 CNI Avionic Interface Controller and will initiate full scale production activities in the near term.
Ayesas currently is the sole source supplier for two major F-35 components – missile remote interface unit and the panoramic cockpit display.
Fokker Elmo manufactures 40 percent of the F-35 Electrical Wiring & Interconnection System (EWIS) and will also deliver and support TAI with all center section wiring systems. Fokker Elmo is also developing the EWIS for the F135 engine, for which a major share is produced in Fokker Elmo Turkey in Izmir.
Havelsan has been supporting the F-35 training systems since 2005. Additionally, Havelsan has been instrumental as the Turkish lead for developing the construct of the future Turkish F-35 Integrated Pilot and Maintenance Training Center (ITC) and associated training systems in Turkey.
Kale Aerospace has been supporting the F-35 since 2005. In conjunction with Turkish Aerospace Industries, they manufacture and produce F-35 airframe structures and assemblies. Kale Aero also supports Heroux Devtek as the sole source supplier for all three variants landing gear up lock assemblies. Additionally, Kale Aerospace has also established a joint venture in Izmir with Pratt & Whitney and is manufacturing production hardware for the F135 engine.
MiKES has supported the F-35 Program during SDD delivering F-35 aircraft components and assemblies for BAE Systems and Northrop Grumman
ROKETSAN and Tubitak-SAGE are the Turkish joint leadership team who strategically manage the development, integration, and production of the advanced precision-guided Stand-off Missile (SOM-J) which will be carried internally on the 5th Generation F-35 aircraft. Additionally, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control has partnered with Roketsan, through a teaming agreement, to jointly develop, produce, market and sell the advanced, precision guided Stand Off Missile – Joint Strike Fighter (SOM-J).
• Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) has been strategically supporting the F-35 Program since 2008. The company currently supplies production hardware that goes into every F-35 production aircraft. In conjunction with Northrup Grumman, TAI manufactures and assembles the center fuselages, produces composite skins and weapon bay doors, and manufactures fiber placement composite air inlet ducts. Additionally, TAI is strategically manufacturing 45 percent of the F-35’s including Air-to-Ground Pylons and adapters which is Alternate Mission Equipment (AME).

Additionally, Turkish Industry are going to have significant Industrial Participation role supporting Lockheed Martin and Pratt and Whitney for F-35 aircraft sustainment and F135 engine production and sustainment. Turkey has been given the approval to build its own F135 engines and was also selected to have the first European Regional F135 Engine depot overhaul capability. Both the engine production and overhaul will take place at the 1st HIBM in Eskisehir. Additionally, TAI has also been assigned to represent the organic depots of the Turkish Armed Forces within the Autonomic Logistic Global Sustainment (ALGS) system and Havelsan has been assigned as the Turkish Integrator for the National Integrated Training Center (ITC).

well... Here somthing for you.
https://www.compositesworld.com/new...ter-fuselage-to-northrop-grumman-for-f-35-jsf

Check the dates... that's Turkey and it's Industrial power for the manufacturing process time to get the first pcs...

TAI delivers first center fuselage to Northrop Grumman for F-35 JSF

Quote : “TAI opened a new composites manufacturing facility in Ankara in November 2008”.

So early 2009.

Quote : “Turkish Aerospace Industries Inc. (TAI, Ankara, Turkey) reported on Dec. 11, 2013 that it has delivered its first F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) center fuselage at a ceremony held at its Ankara facilities.”

5 years.

With or without trolling, we all know that if they're talking about it there's Israel consent for the issue

Wait, what? When did Congress elect Israeli members?!?! I must've missed that after all these decades living and voting here!!!

Certification Requirement Relating Israel’s Qualitative Military Edge—‘(1) IN GENERAL.—Any certification relating to a proposed sale or export of defense articles or defense services under this section to any country in the Middle East other than Israel shall include a determination that the sale or export of the defense articles or defense services will not adversely affect Israel’s qualitative military edge over military threats to Israel.’”

Additionally, the Resolution also defined “Qualitative Military Edge” in Section 205:

The term ‘‘qualitative military edge’’ means the ability to counter and defeat any credible conventional military threat from any individual state or possible coalition of states or from non-state actors, while sustaining minimal damages and casualties, through the use of superior military means, possessed in sufficient quantity, including weapons, command, control, communication, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance capabilities that in their technical characteristics are superior in capability to those of such other individual or possible coalition of states or non-state actors.

Yeah, no. Nothing in there says "Israel has to give any consent", sorry.

If Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states want to acquire the F-35, they will get it. Both Israel and Gulf states operate F-15s and F-16s, so why not the F-35?

Indeed. There are also a few other very pertinent factors such as the actual competition within the US' weapons giants, thanks to KSA's massive order of F-15/SA's (which interestingly enough Israel had no say in the matter despite the temper tantrum they took) and now with Qatar's order of 72 F-15QAs. These orders gave Boeing a huge leap on LM for competition in the GCC. LM is not going to sit around and watch all that potential investment slip away, especially if the UAE is bargaining for the F-35 while using the F-15SE as leverage. There is also the threat of Rafale joining in the race after the Egyptian and Qatari order. The pressure is huge on LM with the UAE holding most of the cards.

... Indeed. There are also a few other very pertinent factors such as the actual competition within the US' weapons giants, thanks to KSA's massive order of F-15/SA's (which interestingly enough Israel had no say in the matter despite the temper tantrum they took) and now with Qatar's order of 72 F-15QAs. These orders gave Boeing a huge leap on LM for competition in the GCC. LM is not going to sit around and watch all that potential investment slip away, especially if the UAE is bargaining for the F-35 while using the F-15SE as leverage. There is also the threat of Rafale joining in the race after the Egyptian and Qatari order. The pressure is huge on LM with the UAE holding most of the cards.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/source-uae-wants-to-buy-24-f-35s.528389/page-2#post-10014529

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/source-uae-wants-to-buy-24-f-35s.528389/page-3#post-10014550

If UAE gets the F-35, then so will the Saudis. Then I wonder what will happen to the cooperation between Russia and UAE for a new gen fighter that they plan to develop. This one:
https://www.defensenews.com/digital...ostec-to-co-develop-5th-gen-fighter-with-uae/

It's funny how quickly the US changed colours due to the fear of Russia getting ME oil money for the development of their own military industry.

However if the UAE-Russia program gets killed because of the F-35, then a pissed off Russia may offer this program to the Iranians. Pretty interesting times ahead.
The UAE-Russian venture for a light weight 5th generation fighter will go ahead as planned, since the F-35 is a medium weight 5th g fighter.. there is a difference..I assume you do understand now..

What I have read so far, F-35 is a peacemaker between Israel and Arabs. I agree Israeli consent is a must for any Arab country even Turkey. Unless and until I don't see F-35 painted in Turkish Flag, I do not believe Turkey is going to get it.

Back
Top Bottom