What's new

US congressman wants Iraq to repay US for war cost

Last time I checked, despite our terrible economy, we're still pretty powerful. Our time is nowhere near over. So many people on this forum are deluded.

america is not god, russia, germany lost their power, now its usa's time to lose power, n some new country will become a new superpower soon, probably china, but not sure

Isn't that what I said Einstein?

As quoted.

Obama is a democrat.
Mccain and Bush were republicans.

American conservatives (the majority of the country) tend to vote Republican while American liberals (the minority) vote democrat. Obama was only voted in because Bush was a huge disaster.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but a majority by definition means 50% or more of a group. So, in this case, Republicans would have to be 50% or more of all Americans who are affiliated with a party.

Neither Democrats or Republicans are the majority. Although, there are more Americans who identify with one party or another at certain times, these are simply normal fluctuations in affiliation.

america is not god, russia, germany lost their power, now its usa's time to lose power, n some new country will become a new superpower soon, probably china, but not sure

I never suggested we were "god." Just that we are still extremely influential in a global aspect and have the most powerful military in the world. That isn't going to change anytime soon. Perhaps, someone will pass the United States in the future but until then we'll see how things play out. Will it be China? It's possible but nothing is guaranteed.

The congressman's plea isn't as far out as people may think. Both Saudi Arabia and Kuwait partially reimbursed the U.S. for war expenses after U.S. forces kicked Saddam out of Kuwait. The amount was in the tens of billions of dollars.

Iraq's war, however, was not just a mere counter-attack, but a liberation. It should be up to the Iraqis to decide what that is worth and what price their consciences should bear. But it isn't something that should be settled yet.

On the other hand, perhaps the American security assistance demanded by Iraqi officials since they took the reigns of their country back in 2008 should be reimbursed in full.

The Iraqis did not invite USA to wage an illegitimate war on their country, so I do not see how it compares to the first gulf war.

And the security assistance demanded by the Iraqis was a direct consequence of the war. The situation where outside security assistance was even needed was created by USA, so why should the Iraqis bear the price?

If US had not invaded Iraq on some made up nonsense, it wouldn't have incurred such costs nor would it have been required to provide security assistance.

And who started the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?

As far as I know, those are separate conflicts unrelated to the Libyan conflict. Decent to average trolling though.

Regardless, all this talk of Libya is off-topic and should be discussed elsewhere if insisted upon.

American policymakers did some mistake. Every country does... The only difference is American Flaw policy adversely affect world... There are few things for what I don't admire America..
1. Creation and nurture of Islamic fundamentalists...
2. Vietnam war
3. War against Iraq...

There are few good thing America has done..
1. Undoing there mistake by clearing Jihadis..
2. End of Cold war.
3. Different humanitarian works...
4. Donation to poor country...

America knows that "Great Power comes with Great responsibility" But some time they become arrogant...

I'm talking about the war which started after implementing "no-fly zone", what has happened after it? Anti-Gaddafi or Pro-Gaddafi, all those are Libyans!

It was intended to limit the ability of Gaddafi to bomb his own people. Regardless, we're not heavily involved in the Libya conflict in comparison to Afghanistan and Iraq. It's NATO's thing like someone previously mentioned. I just ask you stop derailing this thread off-topic. I'm trying to focus on the issue with the congressman's comments but people keep mentioning unrelated issues in an attempt to troll or simply just flame the U.S.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom