What's new

US concerned on China UAV development

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
October 16, 2009: Only five years ago, it was believed that Chinese UAV designs were a decade or more behind the West. But recent (unofficial) photos have shown China testing local designs that look like clones of the Israeli Heron and the U.S. Predator. There are also persistent rumors that China is also building a clone of the American Global Hawk. Currently, China considers all UAVs to be "strategic assets", and their existence, and development, are kept top secret. :victory::victory::victory:

got a source?

May be he is talking about this one;
The Dark Sword UAV - Chinese Knockoffs Can Be Better Than the Real Thing
The Chinese military has apparently been copying American UAV designs for a while now. After they got bored simply rebuilding Uncle Sam's models, they decided to design a few of their own. And they blow ours out of the water.

Above is the Dark Sword, the Chinese military's newest drone. Not only does it look a lot cooler than any American model, it's apparently much more maneuverable and highly capable in air-to-air combat. This is on top of the Chinese having carbon copies of the Predator and Global Hawk UAVs ready to go in their arsenal.

The Dark Sword UAV - Chinese Knockoffs Can Be Better Than the Real Thing - China - Gizmodo

May be he is talking about this one;
The Dark Sword UAV - Chinese Knockoffs Can Be Better Than the Real Thing
The Chinese military has apparently been copying American UAV designs for a while now. After they got bored simply rebuilding Uncle Sam's models, they decided to design a few of their own. And they blow ours out of the water.

Above is the Dark Sword, the Chinese military's newest drone. Not only does it look a lot cooler than any American model, it's apparently much more maneuverable and highly capable in air-to-air combat. This is on top of the Chinese having carbon copies of the Predator and Global Hawk UAVs ready to go in their arsenal.

The Dark Sword UAV - Chinese Knockoffs Can Be Better Than the Real Thing - China - Gizmodo

hmm there was a model of that at some chinese airshow a while back. noone actually has any real ideas about the capabilities of chinese uav's all the work is secret and china is not using them anywhere at this time.

So the question remains - what is it? A student engineer’s sub-scale project “bigged up” to attract attention at airshows? Or a serious Chinese effort to leap-frog current UCAV technology and go directly to an unmanned air superiority fighter? Whichever it is, the “Dark Sword” provides a valuable insight into Chinese thinking about UCAV development and a willingness to entertain configurations that are against the grain of the developing UCAV design and doctrine orthodoxy of tailless delta/B-2-style configurations, top mounted inlets/exhausts with subsonic performance and restricted agility.

defence.professionals | defpro.com

Supprising they are showing even a mockup at airshows considering the Chinese usually are very quiet about research.

hasnain0099,

Wheredoes the thread title come from "US concerned". I don't see that in the thread starter info. Are you just being provocative?

Anyway, what else is new. China copies all western technology. Copying something that is proven to work is 10 times easier than coming up with a totally new technology. What new technologies has China developed in the past 50 years??

hasnain0099,

Wheredoes the thread title come from "US concerned". I don't see that in the thread starter info. Are you just being provocative?

Anyway, what else is new. China copies all western technology. Copying something that is proven to work is 10 times easier than coming up with a totally new technology. What new technologies has China developed in the past 50 years??

I see you CYA with the "past 50 years"... :)

So what have you've achieved or developed in the last 50 years, or all of your life for that matter? :smitten:

:wave:

So what have you've achieved or developed in the last 50 years, or all of your life for that matter?

Are you talking about me personally, SIF? As far as innovation goes, I personally have 46 issued US patents to my credit. I have brought 3 innovative computer peripheral products to market worldwide. In addition, I have managed an R&D group, a product engineering group and was responsible for designing and building a new factory to make the new devices that went into these products. I also have three children and three grand children. What have YOU accomplished SIF??

hasnain0099,

everyone know the situation in china in the last 50 years, half of it was a total mess, last 30 was the start of development, cant really expect the chinese to invent things when 1. theres no money 2. revolution is going on 3. no industrial base to start with. hell its a darn miracle that china has gotten to where it is today considering where it was 50 years ago.

now if china continues to develop the way it has been then in the next 50 i am willing to bet we can come up some major inventions made by the Chinese

hasnain0099,

well it is implied.................there could be only two countries concerned on this......................US and India:p:P

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom