What's new

US committed to maintaining 'vital' ties with Pakistan

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
WASHINGTON: The US is committed to maintaining its "important" and "vital" relationship with Pakistan, the Obama Administration said Saturday amid reports of strains in bilateral ties.

"It is an important, vital relationship that we strongly believe in. Is it complicated at times? Absolutely it is. And do we see eye-to-eye on every issue with Pakistan? No, we don't," State Department spokesman, John Kirby told reporters at his daily news conference.

"But that's why the relationship matters so much because we have shared threats and shared concerns, shared interests in the region. And we're going to continue to work at it," he said.

Kirby was responding to a question on the statement made by Prime Minister's Adviser on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz that his country's relationship with the United States has been under stress for the past three months.

"I didn't see his comments. So I'm going to refrain from responding specifically to that sentiment," he said.
Kirby did not agree when asked if the US-Pakistan ties are not at the best of times these days.
"It is an important relationship that we continue to work at very, very seriously. We're going to remain committed to. And I would not share that characterization of it," Kirby said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...l-ties-with-Pakistan/articleshow/52265394.cms

"But that's why the relationship matters so much because we have shared threats and shared concerns, shared interests in the region. And we're going to continue to work at it," he said.
Doesn't make any sense..we flushed out talis from our land & now it's time for the U.S to do more on their Side of occupied country & force Ana to go after ttp & ana is limited to their own camps they can't go out to patrol cities bcz talis control most part of the country..Fmf is finished & uncle sam our relations will further deteriorate after elections & if in case Donald Duck gets elected then in few years we will be talking about recalling ambassadors..FMf will not revive,it's time to accept that fact & move on..PAF should look some where else :moil:

Last edited:
Just let the dust settle, nothing can stop those F-16s from coming to Pakistan.
Windjammer time to get out of Mental block of F 16 future of air power is ahead of F 16 when you guys bought Thunder you saying was this jet will be equal of F 16 Than why not get thunder instead of F 16 PAF is not a professional they don't know what they are talking

If thunder is equal of F 16 as PAF saying than why the hell still you guys living in 83 ERA

if thunder is not good enough than why you guys wasted money on it

When mushy went for shopping for F 16 in 2006 initial number was to get 70 new F 16 at that time we have money and US willing to sell and top of it price tag of F 16 was cheap than today but PAF keep lowering the number from 70 to 36 than from 36 to 18 yes I know in that time earthquake was issue but we got enough foreign help we could have still got 50 odd F 16 easily so today PAF not have to begging it from US

when u lower F 16 number u guys said we buy J 10 but neither J 10 came nor F 16 this is stupid thinking of PAF

I hope changedls should be made in both naval and airforce staffs up side down they all are in mental block they can't handle bigger goals for their forces their thinking is limited

Yes I know funds are limited but we can plan 5 year programme for air force thetly sign the deal of F 16 of 36 jets get 12 every year can pay easily

Anyway PAF has to get out of 80s

8 F16 story :- One more new threado_O....
F16 pakistan aaye yaa na aaye per every day new threads aa raha hai.:pdf:

On topic :- just pay and get it. use that money to buy other weapons

I wish those 8 F-16's never feel the Pakistani Air ...
Its time to move, its time to look into other option , make some long term Planning ..

IF United States offer us Advance munition & sub systems for up coming and current fleet of F16 then Pakistan must go ahead with this aircraft.
Two more squadrons, one of Block 52 & one of Block 15 configuration to complete target of 110 aircrafts.
We need IRST pods, Aim9X, Stand off munition & anti radiation missiles for F16 fleet, if these can be included in our deal then we should push for further purchases.
Other wise its better to spend money on Thunder program and swallow bitter pill that USA no longer need Pakistan so they will no longer act as our allay.......

Windjammer answer my queries don't justify that hurt Indians our 8 F 16 if you buy RAFALE it will still hurt them question is when PAF will go ahead

Most of PAF lies with nation as far as their actions and their saying is concerned

We are taxpayers right to ask why PAF stuck with pathetic thinking

These F 16 are no use against IAF airdefence from iron dome to S 400 and phalcon AWACS and RAFALE 250 SU 30. not in hell PAF do anything aggressive rest will be on our nukes reason why we won 65 war due to superior firepower of bombers heavy fighters we fought aggressively not given chance to India to attack us F 16 can't fight inside india it means IAF jets get easy passes inside Pakistan

Our airdefence also oldest of old spada is only new but limited range FM 90 Already sent to India by Bangladesh haseena to practice SU 30 Fighters how to evade

F 90 is now junk no use of it alone SPADA F 16 can't defend only stupid cab think

Back
Top Bottom