beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

US can’t keep throwing allies under bus economically: Kevin Rudd​

Campbell Kwan
Jan. 4 2023
The United States should give allies in Asia and Europe greater access to its economy if it wants more support in pushing back on China’s military might, former prime minister and newly appointed US ambassador Kevin Rudd says.

He quipped that US state secretary Antony Blinken and national security advisor Jake Sullivan had so far done a good job of “herding the cats”, but the US had ignored using the economy as part of its overall security strategy.

“For the future, what is the missing elements in US’ grand strategy is called the economy, stupid,” he told Bloomberg TV.

“You cannot continue to assume that there’ll be collective solidarity on security questions, but on the economy, the United States is happy to throw some of its allies under a bus.”

For these reasons, Rudd said the United States Congress needed to embrace a different strategy that opened its markets more to its allies in Asia and in Europe, despite its “overriding protectionist sentiment”.

Most US's "asian allies" are just playing the US.
S. Korea and Japan still buy gas from Russia.
S. Korea and Japan just increase their military industry to make themselves less dependent on US troops.

Maybe the americans know this but they can't stop, or they haven't read Sun Tzu.

Australia allows itself to become a slave of US so it should partly blames itself too

53ceeb30-6141-4f15-b779-50ae4be3c0c7.jpeg

Why don't you post of a similar dissenting opinion of somebody criticizing something that Xi has done (you can start with the multi-year lockdown that finally bled enough social instability that the reversal was immediate).

Or does everything that China does so perfect that there is no room to critique it. Everything is perfect and there is no reason to be providing this sort of critique because the Govt is like god and does nothing wrong.

Reminds me of time in some Persian Gulf nations.

As for the allies playing the US: US has its own gas so it can't force it allies to freeze , so better to look the other way.

Why don't you post of a similar dissenting opinion of somebody criticizing something that Xi has done (you can start with the multi-year lockdown that finally bled enough social instability that the reversal was immediate).

Or does everything that China does so perfect that there is no room to critique it. Everything is perfect and there is no reason to be providing this sort of critique because the Govt is like god and does nothing wrong.

As for the allies playing the US: US has its own gas so it can't force it allies to freeze , so better to look the other way.

spare us the whataboutism. This thread is about the OP.

None of your attempt to make this about China (off-topic) changes the fact that Rudd thinks that the US should stop throwing partners nations under the bus whenever it is required or convenient. You can discuss that topic or open some other threads about how bad China is.

If you haven't been living under a rock you'd notice that all over the internet is filled with criticism of China even when it is far from the worst offender in any of the realms those criticisms focus on. And yet hardly any criticism of Saudi, Israel, European nations, Australia, USA etc etc etc. I mean even India barely gets any criticism and if it were to, it would be far too easy to make them look much worse than China.

I do, why? but I m Chinese and naturally I will defend China against baseless western lies

they can throwing under the bus whole countries except the corrupt ruling elite who obbey American orders, and they will keep the empire dominance at a lower cost.

spare us the whataboutism. This thread is about the OP.

None of your attempt to make this about China (off-topic) changes the fact that Rudd thinks that the US should stop throwing partners nations under the bus whenever it is required or convenient. You can discuss that topic or open some other threads about how bad China is.

If you haven't been living under a rock you'd notice that all over the internet is filled with criticism of China even when it is far from the worst offender in any of the realms those criticisms focus on. And yet hardly any criticism of Saudi, Israel, European nations, Australia, USA etc etc etc. I mean even India barely gets any criticism and if it were to, it would be far too easy to make them look much worse than China.

you dodge the elephant in the room China has few friends save North Korea

you dodge the elephant in the room China has few friends save North Korea
You are wrong, Chinese has lots of friends but not slaves

You are wrong, Chinese has lots of friends but not slaves

Exactly, thats why I want China to become an Observer nation in Organization of Islamic Cooperation.

Most US's "asian allies" are just playing the US.
S. Korea and Japan still buy gas from Russia.
S. Korea and Japan just increase their military industry to make themselves less dependent on US troops.

Maybe the americans know this but they can't stop, or they haven't read Sun Tzu.
Hi,

No one can play the USA---. The US will devouer them & decimate them---.

Hi,

No one can play the USA---. The US will devouer them & decimate them---.
Americans look down on East Asian's cunningness, their worst mistake tbqh.
These people wrote and learned from Sun Tzu.

"All warfare is based on deception".

Back
Top Bottom