What's new

US cancels plan to upgrade Taiwan's F-16 fleet

that is why no body trust them taiwan need nukes to protect themselves .

That would give China the pretext to invade and annex Taiwan. :o:
i mean to say in past same as indo pak . rather then buy 300 junks they invest in missile and nukes it was far far more powerful deterrence to china

i mean to say in past same as indo pak . rather then buy 300 junks they invest in missile and nukes it was far far more powerful deterrence to china

China would invade before Taiwan has the chance to develop nukes. :o:

Taiwan has no intention of nuking any part of China. They could in theory, however, threaten to nuke some former imperialist/colonialist aggressors that are big trade partners of China.

Taiwan has no intention of nuking any part of China. They could in theory, however, threaten to nuke some former imperialist/colonialist aggressors that are big trade partners of China.

Dude, I appreciate your patriotism, but let's face the reality, Taiwan has no capability to militarily threaten PRC whether in theory or reality.

I don't know what Taiwanese military assets (airfields, etc.) could survive thousands and thousands of land-attack cruise missiles and conventional short-range ballistic missiles being fired at the same time from the mainland.

Any money they spend is just a waste, it will be gone within the opening hours of any war.

it's a wise choice, with the now warming relations between Taiwan and Mainland, I'm not sure the US trust Taiwan as much anymore.

For as much as China protests, it's actually very like China does want Taiwan to get the latest F-35 and such.

Even if Taiwan doesn't return, it's likely China can get a up close and personal look at the new weapons and effectively know exactly what US is offering.

As to Taiwan with Nukes, yea right, I'm not going to say can't or couldn't, but who ever said this has no idea about Taiwan and China. There are reasons we don't have a million Taiwan China wars, like Indo Pak.

Does it have something to do with Crimea? To get China on the side of the west. :unsure:

For as much as China protests, it's actually very like China does want Taiwan to get the latest F-35 and such.

Even if Taiwan doesn't return, it's likely China can get a up close and personal look at the new weapons and effectively know exactly what US is offering.

We have more Spies (Chinese patriots) in Taiwan then anywhere else in the world, if the US sold F-35's to Taiwan we would be the first to get a good look at it.

Though the US already accused us of hacking and stealing the F-35 blueprints in any case.

We have more Spies (Chinese patriots) in Taiwan then anywhere else in the world, if the US sold F-35's to Taiwan we would be the first to get a good look at it.

Though the US already accused us of hacking and stealing the F-35 blueprints in any case.

Taiwan doesn't plan to be the second North Korea, unless they are forced to do so ...

Dude, I appreciate your patriotism, but let's face the reality, Taiwan has no capability to militarily threaten PRC whether in theory or reality.

But according to some of the cheerleaders here, China so desperately needs the West! They would never be able to do anything if some rogue such as North Korea threatened them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom