What's new

US B-52 bomber flies within 2 miles of Chinese built SCS island

We realized long ago that burning through our resources and polluting our land/sea/water so others in the world can live comfy lives is extremely short sighted. We have to live here a long time.

I'm sure as you look around you can see the same things we ran into decades ago.
Sure they will see it, but someone will just slide a few (insert Chinese dollar) notes at someone and the mass of peasants in China will be none the wiser.

You did abandon them. It's not a question.

You have a mutual defense treaty with the Philippines, and you ran away when they were losing territory to China in 2012. Same when Ukraine was losing territory to Russia in 2014.

Like I said, America is like an adult that can only beat up babies like Iraq/Afghanistan, when a kid like China or Russia challenges them, they run away crying. :lol:

As disgusting as one can imagine. Like I said, give that stolen land back to the Native Americans, you don't deserve it. The most pathetic superpower in world history.

Again...are you admitting the Philippines owned the Shoals? Are you admitting the official map of the Philippines includes the Shoals? That the Shoals should be recognized as theirs since according to you they "lost territory".

Say "I, and the rest of China, believe the Philippines are the rightful owner of the Scarborough shoal and we took it from them" and I will give you respect in what you have been saying. Otherwise you have no case.

Again...are you admitting the Philippines owned the Shoals? Are you admitting the official map of the Philippines includes the Shoals? That the Shoals should be recognized as theirs since according to you they "lost territory".

Say "I, and the rest of China, believe the Philippines are the rightful owner of the Scarborough shoal and we took it from them" and I will give you respect in what you have been saying. Otherwise you have no case.

Like I said, America has a habit of abandoning their allies, especially those that are bound by mutual defense treaty.

The sad thing is that America COULD have done something, but despite being the sole superpower, the only adult in the world, they cry and run away when a kid (regional power) challenges them. :lol:

Now go and cry about hacking or whatever else you guys constantly cry about. You're just an adult crying that a kid stole their candy, you have the capability to do something, but you just cry all day. Pathetic. :disagree:

Like I said, America has a habit of abandoning their allies, especially those that are bound by mutual defense treaty.

The sad thing is that America COULD have done something, but despite being the sole superpower, the only adult in the world, they cry and run away when a kid (regional power) challenges them. :lol:

Now go and cry about hacking or whatever else you guys constantly cry about. You're just an adult crying that a kid stole their candy, you have the capability to do something, but you just cry all day. Pathetic. :disagree:

Ah!! Skipping my assertion. Knew you couldn't back up your own argument! So weak. :-)

Sorry I'm not going to waste my time answering your stuff if you can't even back up your own claims.

Ah!! Skipping my assertion. Knew you' couldn't back up your own argument! So weak. :-)

Your assertion made no sense, like the rest of your posts. :lol:

Obviously both sides believe it belongs to them, that's why it's called a "territorial dispute". If they both agreed on one position, there would be no dispute, right?

Which you would have figured out if you thought about it for half a second.

Now, make excuses as for why America abandoned their mutual defense treaty with the Philippines. What a pathetic superpower. :D

Sorry I'm not going to waste my time answering your stuff if you can't even back up your own claims.

Yeah sure, run away. Just like you did with your mutual defense treaty to the Philippines, just like you did to Ukraine. :disagree:

The shortest lived and most useless superpower on Earth... 1991-?

Last edited:

Obviously both sides believe it belongs to them, that's why it's called a "territorial dispute". If they both agreed on one position, there would be no dispute, right?

Now, make excuses as for why America abandoned their mutual defense treaty with the Philippines. What a pathetic superpower. :D

Americans often abandon promises and threats they made, didn't they threaten to bomb DPRK's nuclear facility after the detonation of the Atomic bomb? China gave a severe warning and Americans crawled back on their threats. The Russians entered Georgia and no sign of American troops :rofl:. Americans know when to chicken when certain opponents are ready to fight.

Well after being in space for a while now you have finally come back down to earth.
Marcos did a land grab in 1978. Even the US didn't recognize it.
You claim when China grabbed it back you stole their territory and the US didn't come to their defense.

The US asserts we didn't recognize it as their territory to begin with (or anybody's) so how can the Self-Defense treaty come into play????

No matter how many times I (or others) try to explain it to you..you keep going back to the same assertion over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over!!!!

Let me bookmark this thread so when you make the same assertion a week from now I can point it out to you instead of having this same conversation yet again.

The Scarborough Shoal is outside the boundaries of Article III of the Treaty of Paris.

Last edited:
Well after being in space for a while now you have finally come back down to earth.
Marcos did a land grab in 1978. Even the US didn't recognize it.
You claim when China grabbed it back you stole their territory and the US didn't come to their defense.

The US asserts we didn't recognize it as their territory to begin with (or anybody's) so how can the Self-Defense treaty come into play????

No matter how many times I (or others) try to explain it to you..you keep going back to the same assertion over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over!!!!

Let me bookmark this thread so when you make the same assertion a week from now I can point it out to you instead of having this same conversation yet again.

That's the worst excuse I've ever heard.

Your ally was actively losing territory, you were bound by mutual defense treaty to come and help them. Instead you ran away, just like you did with Georgia in 2008 and Ukraine in 2014.

Adult = Superpower
Kid = Regional Power
Baby = Minor powers

Why does an adult cry constantly about being bullied by kids? Whether it is hacking, the South China Seas island-building, or anything else... it's just a constant stream of crying about regional powers (kids) like China and Russia. :lol:

This pathetic adult (superpower) seems only capable of beating up babies like Iraq and Afghanistan. But runs crying from kids.

You like to count on US ? That's what US always does even you have a defense treaty with them.

"In the early morning of January 19, 1974, South Vietnamese soldiers from the HQ-5 landed on Duncan Island and came under fire from Chinese troops. Three Vietnamese soldiers were killed and more injured. Finding themselves outnumbered, the Vietnamese ground forces withdrew by landing craft, but their small fleet drew close to the Chinese warships in a tense standoff.

At 10:24 a.m., the Vietnamese warships HQ-16 and HQ-10 opened fire on the Chinese warships. HQ-4 and HQ-5 then joined in. The sea battle lasted about 40 minutes, with the vessels on both sides sustaining damage. The smaller Chinese warships managed to maneuver into the blind spots of the main cannons on the Vietnamese warships and succeeded in damaging all four Vietnamese ships, especially the Nhật Tảo (HQ-10), which could not retreat because her last working engine was disabled. The crew was ordered to abandon ship but her captain, Lt. Commander Ngụy Văn Thà, remained on board and went down with his ship. HQ-16, severely damaged by friendly fire from the HQ-5, was forced to retreat westwards. HQ-4 and HQ-5 also joined in the retreat.

The next day, Chinese jet fighters and ground-attack aircraft from Hainan bombed the three islands, and anamphibious landing was made. The South Vietnamese Marine garrison on the islands was forced to surrender, and the damaged navy ships retreated to Đà Nẵng.

During the battle, the Vietnamese fleet detected two more Chinese warships rushing to the area. China later acknowledged these were the Hainan-Class submarine chasers #281 and #282. Despite South Vietnamese reports that at least one of their ships had been struck by a missile, the Chinese insisted what the Vietnamese saw wererocket-propelled grenades fired by the crew of #389 and that no missile-capable ships were present. The reason the Chinese ships closed in was because they had no missiles. The South Vietnamese fleet also received warnings thatU.S. Navyradar had detected additional Chinese guided missile frigates and jet fighters on their way from Hainan.South Vietnam requested assistance from the U.S. Seventh Fleet, but the request was denied.
Following the battle, China gained control over all the Paracel Islands. South Vietnam protested to the United Nations, but China, having veto power on the UN Security Council, blocked any efforts to bring it up.[12] The remote islands had little value militarily, but diplomatically the projection of power was beneficial to China."

Back
Top Bottom