What's new

US announces 6.7-bln-dollar arms sale to Saudi Arabia

As long as Saudis are there to buy US arms at twice the price,Americans won't worry about bankruptcy.
Exactly like Shah of Iran before 79.The arms didn't help him at the end,and every one knows how Americans sold him out when they understood he no more as any use for them.They didn't even give him citizenship of US.

I guess iran is not using those dirty useless "Made in USA" weapons? eg:- F14........

The lack of railways and large territory to secure makes Saudi Arabia highly dependent on air transport and with the disturbed regional situation that need will only increase and this tender is a reflection of that. But reading the replies, one gets an impression of a bunch of immature teenagers arguing for the sake of argument like jealous women. Saudi Arabia is paying hard cash for these equipment they want to buy, what bothers you?

As long as Saudis are there to buy US arms at twice the price,Americans won't worry about bankruptcy.
Exactly like Shah of Iran before 79.The arms didn't help him at the end,and every one knows how Americans sold him out when they understood he no more has any use for them.They didn't even give him citizenship of US.

Meantime the same Iran desperately struggling to keep up its "American" made arms like F14's

I guess iran is not using those dirty useless "Made in USA" weapons? eg:- F14........

What the hell?We already paid for them,you expect us to take them out only because they are American?
Stupid mentality.
I have no problem with weapons being from US or any other country.
Have you seen Iran buying multi billion dollar arms from other countries because it's scared from its neighbors?
US is arming Saudis against Iran,just like it was arming Iran against Soviets before 79.

Saudi Arabia should have ask for a TOT for those large order . if some of the 20 C-130J produce in Saudi they can get experience from it .

As far i know when any one buy from Saudi, it pays in Saudi Riyal and when any one buy from US it pays in US dollars.

However when countries like Pakistan, India, Bangladesh export.. it is them who do not like to sell in their own currency.

While it's absolutely rubbish, to say that without Saudi Oil US dollar, may have limited in its value to any thing less than what it has been or is today.

If any one is interested to see the magic of US dollar he shall visit Iran... simply unbelievable.

As far i know when any one buy from Saudi, it pays in Saudi Riyal and when any one buy from US it pays in US dollars.

O M G are you serious Batman thats what i like about you you are very Funny but on serious note do they take American express when people buying oil from Saudis or just visa and master card reason i ask as i get reward miles on my American express.

Thanks for making My day BATMAN.

However when countries like Pakistan, India, Bangladesh export.. it is them who do not like to sell in their own currency.

You no i am willing to Bet BATMAN you were advising Pakistani Governments on their successful economic policies

While it's absolutely rubbish, to say that without Saudi Oil US dollar, may have limited in its value to any thing less than what it has been or is today.

Its not Saudi Oil ITS ARABIAN oil but i wouldn't be surprised if the House of Saud snaps you away from US to run their financing department as your extensive knowledge on international affairs and Trade just blew me away.

If any one is interested to see the magic of US dollar he shall visit Iran... simply unbelievable.

If the magic is as good as your knowledge of international trade Iranians are in trouble.

New signature for BATMAN '' Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most"

Batman you are a Genius no ifs and ***** about it.

Here in the PDF foroum which is primarily dominated by Pakistan members and hard core Islamic members where posts are discused with the view of anti USA and anti India perspective...For most of the members in this foroum ....India,US and Israel are global threat...and of course i respect their opinion....But the problem is that once you go outside this PDF world, for GCC nation and in particular Saudi Arab...It is not India/USA or Isreal who is the global threat to their nation rather...It is Iran and its allies seems to be threat to them...Hence it is a matter of perception what each nation sees for its security....;)

you had me at PAKISTANI DEFENSE FORUM DOMINATED BY PAKISTANIS

There are so many economist in this forom who eagerly wait the fall of Dollar and still then holding their feet in the land of Dollar to earn as much as possible...This is called height of hypocracy...

Yes decline of US dollars result of AMERICAN barrow and spent recognized by Americans themselves is the fault of Pakistani members of PDF or Economist.
Dude...I feel that SA and its government is not so fool that it is buying so much of expensive weapon to USA when it may not badly need it...Definitely SA and GCC states has long term vision with which they are working on it due to which entire Arab nations in principle side with US and NATO in spite of the present perception in Islamic state that USA is presented -vely in Islamic people.....

PUPPETS future vision is to stay in power at all cost DUDE.

USA and NATO will never present any kind of challenge for SA and GCC nations to lead the Islamic nation, rather USA will be very much happy if SA and GCC state lead and dominate the show in Islamic world...

LOL

Hence the bottomline is threat perception is defined by each nation based on its long term statergy.....And if SA and GCC nation want to lead the show, they want to be a partner of West rather than the enemey.....They may not see US and NATO as their rival rather partner of their progress....So it may be the reason they are spending money in buying weapon from USA and NATO nations rather buying from Pakistan and BD.

You should learn the difference between leaders and puppets as both have different visions for the future also what you personally think means FCUK all.

somebozo;3590263]The lack of railways and large territory to secure makes Saudi Arabia highly dependent on air transport and with the disturbed regional situation that need will only increase and this tender is a reflection of that. But reading the replies, one gets an impression of a bunch of immature teenagers arguing for the sake of argument like jealous women. Saudi Arabia is paying hard cash for these equipment they want to buy, what bothers you?

These stupid teenagers are jealous and they are arguing with the brightest minds of our times BATMAN and you the Most prominent ones that comes to mind right away.

The nerve of these immature teenagers its so obvious since you cant secure the large territory without the presence of highly maneuverable railways only other choice left is to buy cargo planes.

P.s lets hope these same teenagers have never seen or herd of a thing called Road or desert vehicles as that will make you look like an idiot and we cant have that can we now.

Meantime the same Iran desperately struggling to keep up its "American" made arms like F14's

Iranians bought these same F14s when they were allied with Americans with hard cash but now are struggling to keep them up in air.

we all no technologically Advance Saudis are way way advance and birds they are buying from Americans will not be a problem for them to keep in air once they aren't the flavor of the month lets ask Saddam or Zia fine bad example lets ask Mubarak.

We need more.

But aren't you folks also getting the A400M?

Won't this create excess capacity?

Yeah, Aselsan has a project similar to AC-130 called Gören.
Can deliver some pretty good damage in terrains like Iraq or Syria.

But are you allowed to modify C-130s into gunships?

Usually US companies don't allow you to do that. We had to fight an uphill battle to convince the Americans of installing our own communication and electronic warfare systems in C-130Js and C-17s.

Back
Top Bottom