US aid is destroying Pakistan, says Imran Khan

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Submitted 1 hr 19 mins ago
Insisting that Pakistan should move away from the United States in the 'war on terror', Imran Khan believes that aid from the US was allegedly destroying his country.
"The aid to our puppet government from the US is destroying our country. We're basically using our army to kill our own people with American money. We have to separate from the US," Khan told The Guardian in an interview in London
Speaking on several issues, Khan said that Pakistan had two main problems: corruption and tax evasion. "We have the lowest tax-GDP ratio in the world: nine per cent. If we get it to 18 per cent, which is India, we're solvent," he said.
Khan bristled with anger on the charge that Pakistan was allegedly complicit in harbouring Osama bin Laden. The whole of Pakistan, according to him, was furious when US President Barack Obama announced in May that bin laden had been killed.
Khan said, "The whole of Pakistan felt this way. Wherever I went I felt this humiliation and anger in people. It was humiliating because an American president announces it, not our president. And because it was the American military, not our military, which this country has given great sacrifices to nurture, that killed him."
He added, "Most humiliating of all was that the Central Investigating Agency chief Panetta says that the Pakistan government was either incompetent or complicit. They're talking about a country in which 35,000 people have died during a war that had nothing to do with us. Ours is perhaps the only country in history that keeps getting bombed, through drone attacks, by our ally."
Arguing that the 'war on terror' was unwinnable, Khan said, "The Soviets killed more than a million people in Afghanistan. They were fighting more at the end than the beginning. So clearly a population of 15 million could take a million dead and still keep fighting. The Americans are going to have to kill a lot of people to make any impact and they also have in Zardari an impotent puppet as Pakistani president who has not delivered anything to the Americans."
He added, "The Americans also don't realise that this whole Arab spring was against puppets or dictators. People want democracy. So this whole idea of planting your own man there, a dictator -- neocolonialism is what it's called --- is not going to work any more".
Khan cited a government economic survey as stating that $ 70 billion has been lost to the Pakistan economy because of the 'war on terror'.
"Total aid has been barely $ 20 billion. Aid has gone to the ruling elite, while the people have lost USD 70 billion. We have lost 35,000 lives and as many maimed -- and then to be said to be complicit. The shame of it," he exclaimed.
Confident of his party's victory in the 2012 Pakistan elections, Khan, the captain of the 1992 World Cup winning team, said, "I played five World Cups and it was only in the last World Cup before we won (in 1992) that I said: 'Put money on us.' Now I'm saying my party will win. I'm throwing everyone a challenge that nothing can stop this party. Nothing."
According to him political parties in Pakistan were "petrified" of him. "They all want to make alliances with me and I say: No, I'm going to fight all of you together because you're all the same," he said.
US aid is destroying Pakistan, says Imran Khan | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Submitted 1 hr 19 mins ago
Insisting that Pakistan should move away from the United States in the 'war on terror', Imran Khan believes that aid from the US was allegedly destroying his country.
"The aid to our puppet government from the US is destroying our country. We're basically using our army to kill our own people with American money. We have to separate from the US," Khan told The Guardian in an interview in London
Speaking on several issues, Khan said that Pakistan had two main problems: corruption and tax evasion. "We have the lowest tax-GDP ratio in the world: nine per cent. If we get it to 18 per cent, which is India, we're solvent," he said.
Khan bristled with anger on the charge that Pakistan was allegedly complicit in harbouring Osama bin Laden. The whole of Pakistan, according to him, was furious when US President Barack Obama announced in May that bin laden had been killed.
Khan said, "The whole of Pakistan felt this way. Wherever I went I felt this humiliation and anger in people. It was humiliating because an American president announces it, not our president. And because it was the American military, not our military, which this country has given great sacrifices to nurture, that killed him."
He added, "Most humiliating of all was that the Central Investigating Agency chief Panetta says that the Pakistan government was either incompetent or complicit. They're talking about a country in which 35,000 people have died during a war that had nothing to do with us. Ours is perhaps the only country in history that keeps getting bombed, through drone attacks, by our ally."
Arguing that the 'war on terror' was unwinnable, Khan said, "The Soviets killed more than a million people in Afghanistan. They were fighting more at the end than the beginning. So clearly a population of 15 million could take a million dead and still keep fighting. The Americans are going to have to kill a lot of people to make any impact and they also have in Zardari an impotent puppet as Pakistani president who has not delivered anything to the Americans."
He added, "The Americans also don't realise that this whole Arab spring was against puppets or dictators. People want democracy. So this whole idea of planting your own man there, a dictator -- neocolonialism is what it's called --- is not going to work any more".
Khan cited a government economic survey as stating that $ 70 billion has been lost to the Pakistan economy because of the 'war on terror'.
"Total aid has been barely $ 20 billion. Aid has gone to the ruling elite, while the people have lost USD 70 billion. We have lost 35,000 lives and as many maimed -- and then to be said to be complicit. The shame of it," he exclaimed.
Confident of his party's victory in the 2012 Pakistan elections, Khan, the captain of the 1992 World Cup winning team, said, "I played five World Cups and it was only in the last World Cup before we won (in 1992) that I said: 'Put money on us.' Now I'm saying my party will win. I'm throwing everyone a challenge that nothing can stop this party. Nothing."
According to him political parties in Pakistan were "petrified" of him. "They all want to make alliances with me and I say: No, I'm going to fight all of you together because you're all the same," he said.

Imran kahan sir seems very angry

any way his speech seems his rehearsal for election

We as Pakistanis don't want this blood money. To hell with it. Every country needs to pack up their bags and get out!

He is delusional. If he restricts Americans from bombing those terror outfits, they would grow stronger. If god forbid, they launch another attack on America, Pakistan can kiss goodbye. Right now, any attack on America can be countered by saying it is as much their responsibility as yours. But it won't be the case if he comes to power.

He is delusional. If he restricts Americans from bombing those terror outfits, they would grow stronger. If god forbid, they launch another attack on America, Pakistan can kiss goodbye. Right now, any attack on America can be countered by saying it is as much their responsibility as yours. But it won't be the case if he comes to power.

what ever happen to Pakistan will be taken down with !!!

These attacks kills terrorists ?? are u joking by which law u can kill ppl if u THINK withouth any evidence that they are terrorits ? and killing all others arround them. Thats called war crimes and these attack promote taliban idea and give them more ppl in there group.

Imran Khan is lions of Pakistan and will stand against evil like America and thats Indians afraid off.

I'm sure many people have already seen this video, but if you have not, it will inform you of Imran Khan's position regarding terrorism/fundamentalism.

Last edited by a moderator:
We as Pakistanis don't want this blood money. To hell with it. Every country needs to pack up their bags and get out!

And you say that sitting in America?

Of course the elites in Pakistan will think that they don't need any aid money. Its the poor people who need the aid money. Like those affected by the floods last year and this year.

US aid is bribery to corrupt politicians for selling the nation. It started during the Zia era when corrupt mullah fabricated their fatwas to emphasis on the need of aid and its eligibility, effectively turning Pakistani nation into a begger.

On one hand some of the Pakistanis are blaming the "fatigue" factor in the low amoutns of International donations for the flood aid in Pakistan. On the other hand the IMF programme got closed unsuccessfully (the 8th out of the 9 programmes now unsuccessful).

Even VAT implementation is like taking the power away from the Army (as difficult so one can assume). No one wants to pay taxes and even there are strikes when the subsidies on power and fuel are taken off. God knows how many type of bohrams start with that and even this Mr. Imran Khan is leading the agitations against these subsidy removals. They do not let the government manage the economy when it wants to and then come to the street saying that enough funds are not being raised indigeously. Claiming that 70 Billion lost by the country in this war. It is just like balancing a budget with smelly farts and not numbers.

And then he sits smugly and says that Pakistan does not need aid and it is killing Pakistan. Who is the guy who actually needs aid. Does Imran Khan even know that? What was the tax that he personally paid in the last financial year? Did he pay even the wealth tax for owning the whole pahari ghar near Islamabad?

What a disgraceful way to make opportunistic politics. May be he is thinking of the easy times when a bottle cork used to make good reverse swing in cricket. Ah the glorious times!

Harping the popular sentiments will help him in winning some seats but in the long run will not help Pakistan.

sir koi bhi insan tab gali sunta hai jab use pata ho ki uski galti thi aap log khaskar wo jinka talluk kisi tarah fouj se hai yeh smahjte hain ki amrica ki sari galti hai aur wo jalti se afganistan se bhaag jayega per janab hakokat bhut alag hai ek kavi kehta tha "he devo shriti main yeh niam atal hai reh sakta hai wahi surakshit jisme bal hai , nirbal ka is jagat me na koi tihkana raksha sadhan chahe prabt hon usko na na"mean only strong survive , week dont even though they might have best &mani defences

and what to say of great immu bhai lets just say "jiski gari reat (sand)main fuddu uska naam"

Back
Top Bottom