What's new

US$160 Million for a 20km highway? Pakistan, China sign MoU for construction of Gawadar expressway

Clutch

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
CPEC: Pakistan, China sign MoU for construction of Gawadar expressway
Pakistan
by Muhammad Irfan | Published on September 25, 2017
640x461xcpec.jpg.pagespeed.ic.FW4ZYjisrb.webp

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
GWADAR – A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for construction of East Bay Expressway in Gwadar under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project has been signed here on Monday.

Article continues after the advertisement
Chairman Gwadar Port Authority Dostain Jamaldini signed the MoU on behalf of Pakistan government while Chairman Chinese Construction Company inked the memorandum on behalf of his country.

Minister of State for Ports and Shipping Chaudhry Jaffar Iqbal, Chinese Deputy Minister for Communications Dai Doncang and senior Pakistani and Chinese officials attended the signing ceremony.

The 19.5 kilometers Expressway would be constructed at a cost of seventeen billion rupees [poor reporting I think there is more than just a highway - probably includes a rail link and industrial zones - Clutch]

Speaking on the occasion, Chaudhry Jaffar Iqbal said that project would prove a milestone for making Gwadar Port functional in a more effective manner.

The Chinese Deputy Minister said that handling of cargo service would become possible after completion of the project.

Last edited:
$8.20million/kilometer for just a road only, or is there something else that I'm missing?

$8.20million/kilometer for just a road only, or is there something else that I'm missing?

It's actually the highway r that connects the port to the Chinese industrial zone. They plan an elaborate multi lane highway with a rail link... I will post the video of the proposed highway. It is pretty elaborate.

Last edited:
I think they are going make it with liquid gold and then sprinkle diamonds on top to make it bomb proof. All the bridges will be made from titanium while aerospace grade Aluminium 7000-series railing along entire length of the expressway.

It's actually the highway r that connects the port to the Chinese industrial zone. They plan an elaborate multi lame highway with a rail link... I will post the video of the proposed highway. It is pretty elaborate.

That explains it. I look forward to seeing the video.

That explains it. I look forward to seeing the video.
Here it is... it's actually more than just a road highway:

I think they are going make it with liquid gold and then sprinkle diamonds on top to make it bomb proof. All the bridges will be made from titanium while aerospace grade Aluminium 7000-series railing along entire length of the expressway.

Chinese firm to lend Rs15bn for Eastbay Expressway

The Newspaper's Staff ReporterUpdatedSeptember 29, 2017

KARACHI: The six-lane 19.5km-long Eastbay Expressway in Gwadar will be developed by China Communication Construction Company (CCCC), which will give Rs15 billion interest-free loan, said Minister of State for Ports and Shipping Chaudhry Jaffar Iqbal on Thursday.

A memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed earlier on Sunday.

Under the MoU, CCCC will develop the expressway as well as lay down two train tracks which will be connected to the Gwadar Port. The company will develop these projects under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

The minister said on Oct 18, a big vessel will be calling at Gwadar Port.

ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER AD
Next year, Pakistan’s longest runway and airport will be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs18-20bn for which China will give a grant, the minister added.

He said Gwadar Port Authority (GPA) is going to construct a business centre at the free trade zone which will be completed in a period of two years. The centre will house a community centre, as well as Customs, PNSC, FBR, and emigration offices.

The minister said a major chunk of land which belongs to Pakistan Railways is lying idle at Pipri. Under a plan, it will be used to start goods trains so that instead of loading containers from ports on truck, railways is utilised, he added.

Presently, around four thousand empty containers, left behind by shipping companies, are occupying space at Karachi Port. Under a plan and with the help of customs authorities these containers will be auctioned, he added.

Speaking on the occasion, Pakistan National Shipping Corporation Chairman Arif Elahi said that in order to enhance the oil storage capacity by 120,000 tonnes, PNSC will be constructing oil tanks at an estimated cost of Rs3.75bn.

Out of the total cost of Rs3.75bn, the federal government will be providing 50 per cent funds and the balance will be given by PNSC.

PNSC has completed its home work and efforts are afoot to get permission from relevant authorities, the chairman added.

Published in Dawn, September 29th, 2017

Last edited:
China is better than USA when it comes to helping other countries.

pak will pay 100 billion dollar till 2024 ..!!
http://urdu.geo.tv/latest/173345-

سی پیک: چین کی 19 منصوبوں پر بینک قرضوں کی شکل میں سرمایہ کاری

173345_6485777_updates.JPG

اسلام آباد: سی پیک کے تحت چین نے زیادہ تر توانائی کے شعبے میں 19 منصوبوں پر بینک قرضوں کی شکل میں سرمایہ کاری کی ہے۔

چینی سفارت خانے میں ذرائع کے مطابق یہ پاکستان کو دیئے گئے رعایتی قرضے شمار ہوتے ہیں جن میں چینی حکومت کی جانب سے خصوصی سبسڈی بھی شامل ہے۔

یہ پاکستان کے مجموعی غیر ملکی قرضوں کا ایک اعشاریہ ایک فیصد ہے جو پاکستان کی اقتصادیات پر کوئی بوجھ نہیں ہے۔

پاکستان 18 ارب 50کروڑ ڈالرز کی مجموعی سرمایہ کاری پر چین کو 2024 تک 100 ارب ڈالرز واپس کرے گا۔

چار سال قبل پاکستان کا جی ڈی پی 3.6 فیصد تھا جو بڑھ کر 5.2 فیصد ہو گیا ہے جس سے معلوم ہوتا ہے کہ سی پیک نے پاکستانی اقتصادیات کے فروغ میں نمایاں کردار ادا کیا ہے۔

سفارت خانے کے ذرائع نے مزید بتایا کہ پاکستان میں کام کرنے والی چینی کمپنیوں نے مختلف ترقیاتی منصوبوں کے لیے چینی بینکوں سے قرضے حاصل کیے جن کی واپسی کی حکومت پاکستان نہیں بلکہ یہی کمپنیاں ذمہ دار ہیں۔

بعض نہایت اہمیت کے حامل بڑے منصوبوں جن میں گوادر کی بندرگاہ اور اسے ملانے والی موٹر وے، تعلیمی ادارے اور صحت کے ہنگامی مراکز کی تعمیر کے منصوبے شامل ہیں ان کے لیے بھی چین مفت معاونت فراہم کر رہا ہے۔

مستقبل میں چین پاکستان بھر میں ایسے ہنگامی صحت کے مراکز قائم کرے گا۔ چین میں 20 ہزار پاکستانی طلبا زیر تعلیم ہیں ان میں بڑی تعداد کو اسکالر شپس حاصل ہیں۔

سی پیک سے متعلق منصوبوں سے 60 ہزار پاکستانیوں کو روزگار ملا جب کہ 24 پاکستانیوں کو براہ راست ملازمتیں میسر آئیں جب کہ آئندہ مرحلے میں چین کی توجہ صنعتی پارکس تعمیر کرنے پر مرکوز رہے گی جن سے صرف چین ہی نہیں بلکہ دیگر ممالک سے بھی سرمایہ کاری پاکستان میں آئے گی۔

Back
Top Bottom