What's new

URGENT: Task Force required for PDF project on Pakistan military

The only change from the Harvard Paper would be to the Assets, Role in WOT.

Take out Future Direction from the individual branches and replace it with bringing the Pakistani Military services to the 21st Century. Future Direction would be better just for the Defense Strategy.

Command and structures don't change much in 2 years especially after Pakistan has been at war for the past 12 years. The most that will change is the specialty of certain units; CQB, COIN etc.

And the entire Pakistan Defense Strategy section would be new. With the new Military Doctrine the past few months.

It would be great if you got in military corporateness.

I wouldn't mind putting in some work, need to brush out the rust in writing since graduating.

I will try to highlight the need for Pakistan to have a "Green Water Navy"

the benefits attached to Pakistan, vis-a-vis the regional developments

1:the importance for having a robust ship building yard capacity

2:the importance of having adequate frigates , corvettes & submarine complimented by missile boats , fast attack crafts

3: the importance of defending the coastlines as well as the "more important" aspect & need of securing the supply routes , & the difference between these two , as defending the coastlines & securing the supply routes are two entirely different tasks altogether. & why we shouldn't confuse them as one, but rather treat them as two important tasks

@fatman17

sir, please check the contents here, these are a rough draft I think they cover most of your points.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Thəorətic Muslim

It would go a bit further than that as we would be analysing the military in scrutiny; not just in hardware but also policies and actions.

We would love to have you, are you in? Please email me at jaibi@defence.pk then and it would be lovely if you could install gtalk as well.
@genmirajborgza786

Excellent suggestions, would you like to join up and see them done proper? We need people to work on the Pakistani Navy, badly. If so please email me at jaibi@defence.pk it would be lovely if you could install gtalk as well.
@Tehmasib do you want to join up? Email me at jaibi@defence.pk

Thəorətic Muslim;4831339 said:
The only change from the Harvard Paper would be to the Assets, Role in WOT.

Take out Future Direction from the individual branches and replace it with bringing the Pakistani Military services to the 21st Century. Future Direction would be better just for the Defense Strategy.

Command and structures don't change much in 2 years especially after Pakistan has been at war for the past 12 years. The most that will change is the specialty of certain units; CQB, COIN etc.

And the entire Pakistan Defense Strategy section would be new. With the new Military Doctrine the past few months.

It would be great if you got in military corporateness.

I wouldn't mind putting in some work, need to brush out the rust in writing since graduating.

Refer to my post above, cannot seem to be able to mention you.

:)Finally something worthwhile! Do you guys plan on doing videos/presentation thingies?

Yes, that is in the pipelines.

volunteers are accepted ??? if yes i want to join ...

Yes, we are accepting volunteers. Email me at jaibi@defence.pk

@jaibi I would suggest you to include @notoriouseagle in the Army section-- He is such a great man, professional and a Military strategist.

@Xestan

Check out what we are doing, I thought you'd be good for PAF section.

A Task Force is needed to compile, author and illustrate a guide or wiki on the Pakistani Military.

Task Force 2: Chief Editor jaibi, Chief-Supervisor-Technical @Aeronaut

The contents to be covered are as follows:

-Pakistan Army:

Structure, Command, Assets, Short Operational History (wars we've fought), Role in Pakistan's War on Insurgency, Future direction

-Pakistan Air Force

(same structure as above)

-Pakistan Navy

(Same as above)

-Pakistan's Defence strategy:

Regional Pressures, International Forum, Political/internal Factors, Counterinsurgency and Future Direction

-Pakistan's Nuclear Assets and Strategy

We would need the guide to have proper illustrations with graphs, drawings and such and thus we need someone who can handle the designing part of it.

We would release this as a .pdf document so it needs to be tailored properly for an international audience with references.

What is needed

Ideally at least one member for each of these positions:

Project Manager/s/ Chief Editor Ideally someone with enough experience to coordinate the team effort and maximise output and handle organisational issues FILLED

Technical Experts: Someone who knows about military hardware and technology, they would be instrumental for information regarding assets. Ideally, we need at least one for each Navy, Air Force and the Army

Professionals: Someone who has studied or served in the military and can illustrate the command structure and organisational base of the military arrangement both at the micro and macro level, I think @Pakistanisage can help us with the Air Force and @F.O.X with the army we need someone for the navy as well.

Navy experts required

Illustrater/graphic designer/ composer: Ideally someone with enough knowhow of softwares who can put of the final version with pictures, graphs and illustrations that look neat and proper and have knowledge of file conversion like .rtf/.docx to .pdf

Experts People who will be writing the stuff perhaps for each section, please add references, use EndNote. I can help in showing how to use it.

Research Assitants: People who are willing to help in any way they can. They can proof read, can handle referencing. Individual with experience of research and handling of research softwares like Endote and SPSS would be given preference.

NOTE: Work samples of composers and work experience would be appreciated they can be mailed to jaibi@defence.pk.

NOTE: This is a long term project at least 4-9 months and will be an immense help to Pakistan and PDF, the only military authority we have has been published by Harvard University

http://belfercenter.hks.harvard.edu/files/Pakistan-Military-final-B.pdf

and has no input from any Pakistani, we need to change that. Please have a look at the document, that is our end aim, only better.

Please, apply only if you are serious and can commit at least At least 3-4 hours per week to PDF.

As I said this is a long term project, our focus is on quality.

REWARD: Members who will be selected will be given the title of Star Members upon completion of the project and would be considered for future induction into the next batch of Junior Think Tanks

i will try to rope in navy officers, and get as much info from them as i can, but they are asking that what exactly do i need this info for?

@Xestan

Check out what we are doing, I thought you'd be good for PAF section.

COIN, Pakistan's role in WoT and Spec Ops are my things. I hope I can fit in.

If you need any help from me i will help you out @jaibi

@balixd can help us regarding firearms in detail!

The Orions had a role due to their mounted optics and SA Radar. But were withdrawn once the PAF and PA brought their own assets up to speed.

Hmm, did the Orions carry pods for optronics or were they modified like the C130 of the PAF? Because i haven't seen any images of P3-Cs being modified for optronics as their primary role was maritime strike and patrol and not over-land recon.

their primary role was maritime strike and patrol and not over-land recon.

I too thought the same for over-land recon but @jaibi told me that you guys used it for COIN. By the way sir, what you meant by "maritime strike"? Only armament other than sensors that Orions carry was ASW? :what:
@jaibi, haven't you found someone for me for Navy? If not, i can suggest you someone.

Back
Top Bottom