What's new

URGENT: Task Force required for PDF project on Pakistan military

jaibi

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A Task Force is needed to compile, author and illustrate a guide or wiki on the Pakistani Military.

Task Force 2: Chief Editor jaibi, Chief-Supervisor-Technical @Aeronaut

The contents to be covered are as follows:

-Pakistan Army:

Structure, Command, Assets, Short Operational History (wars we've fought), Role in Pakistan's War on Insurgency, Future direction

-Pakistan Air Force

(same structure as above)

-Pakistan Navy

(Same as above)

-Pakistan's Defence strategy:

Regional Pressures, International Forum, Political/internal Factors, Counterinsurgency and Future Direction

-Pakistan's Nuclear Assets and Strategy

We would need the guide to have proper illustrations with graphs, drawings and such and thus we need someone who can handle the designing part of it.

We would release this as a .pdf document so it needs to be tailored properly for an international audience with references.

What is needed

Ideally at least one member for each of these positions:

Project Manager/s/ Chief Editor Ideally someone with enough experience to coordinate the team effort and maximise output and handle organisational issues FILLED

Technical Experts: Someone who knows about military hardware and technology, they would be instrumental for information regarding assets. Ideally, we need at least one for each Navy, Air Force and the Army

Professionals: Someone who has studied or served in the military and can illustrate the command structure and organisational base of the military arrangement both at the micro and macro level, I think @Pakistanisage can help us with the Air Force and @F.O.X with the army we need someone for the navy as well.

Navy experts required

Illustrater/graphic designer/ composer: Ideally someone with enough knowhow of softwares who can put of the final version with pictures, graphs and illustrations that look neat and proper and have knowledge of file conversion like .rtf/.docx to .pdf

Experts People who will be writing the stuff perhaps for each section, please add references, use EndNote. I can help in showing how to use it.

Research Assitants: People who are willing to help in any way they can. They can proof read, can handle referencing. Individual with experience of research and handling of research softwares like Endote and SPSS would be given preference.

NOTE: Work samples of composers and work experience would be appreciated they can be mailed to jaibi@defence.pk.

NOTE: This is a long term project at least 4-9 months and will be an immense help to Pakistan and PDF, the only military authority we have has been published by Harvard University

http://belfercenter.hks.harvard.edu/files/Pakistan-Military-final-B.pdf

and has no input from any Pakistani, we need to change that. Please have a look at the document, that is our end aim, only better.

Please, apply only if you are serious and can commit at least At least 3-4 hours per week to PDF.

As I said this is a long term project, our focus is on quality.

REWARD: Members who will be selected will be given the title of Star Members upon completion of the project and would be considered for future induction into the next batch of Junior Think Tanks

Last edited by a moderator:
@Neptune

Dude, here it is. You'd be the head of

Pakistan Navy

Structure, Command, Assets, Short Operational History (wars we've fought), Role in Pakistan's War on Insurgency, Future direction

And the Navy's implication for the Nuclear doctrine and COIN operations.

---------------------------

I'll attach people under you. I'm thinking every week or so we'll make a report with references and I'll send it up to be reviewed for inaccuracies and suggestions by an expert and then we'll edit.

@AhaseebA

Welcome aboard!

I think you can head our Nuclear Assets and Capabilities as well as Missle systems, right?

@Neptune

Dude, here it is. You'd be the head of

Pakistan Navy

And the Navy's implication for the Nuclear doctrine and COIN operations.

---------------------------

I'll attach people under you. I'm thinking every week or so we'll make a report with references and I'll send it up to be reviewed for inaccuracies and suggestions by an expert and then we'll edit.

thx, glad to be a part of the true representation of brotherly nation's anchors arm. alright let's pass the emotional part.

I have knowledge about Turkish and NATO's naval systems and especially the training doctrines of them. But for PN, as i'm not much familiar of it, enough detailed information from you guys for analyses&reports would be enough. But I don't think that PN has a big role in COIN ops. I recommend you to delete that part and replace it with PN in counter-piracy ops and her regional importance...:coffee:

thx, glad to be a part of the true representation of brotherly nation's anchors arm. alright let's pass the emotional part.

I have knowledge about Turkish and NATO's naval systems and especially the training doctrines of them. But for PN, as i'm not much familiar of it, enough detailed information from you guys for analyses&reports would be enough. But I don't think that PN has a big role in COIN ops. I recommend you to delete that part and replace it with PN in counter-piracy ops and her regional importance...:coffee:

As far as I know, PN does have a part in COIN ops: in Rah-e-Najaht they had survelliance roles. I'd head it myself because I'll take over the COIN ops as a whole.

As far as I know, PN does have a part in COIN ops: in Rah-e-Najaht they had survelliance roles. I'd head it myself because I'll take over the COIN ops as a whole.

The Orions had a role due to their mounted optics and SA Radar. But were withdrawn once the PAF and PA brought their own assets up to speed.

The Orions had a role due to their mounted optics and SA Radar. But were withdrawn once the PAF and PA brought their own assets up to speed.

Oscar, thank you for updating me, could you join the project too?

It would be great to have you on board.

Good...As I said, those are the kinda infos that i'm looking for, the rest would be like hunting fish with Harphoons...:sniper:

Oscar, thank you for updating me, could you join the project too?

It would be great to have you on board.

Ill be available from time to time. But make a framework first.

:)Finally something worthwhile! Do you guys plan on doing videos/presentation thingies?

volunteers are accepted ??? if yes i want to join ...

Back
Top Bottom