What's new

URGENT: Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Flooding Rescue Efforts

PAFAce

Reaction score
Hello members,

I apologize for not being active in PDF for the past few months. I hadn't forgotten, I kept checking back from time to time, but have just been unable to spend any significant amount of time here.

I am writing to ask a very specific question. Is anybody aware of the names of the non-governmental organizations (NGOs) involved in rescue efforts in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa flooding? 400 People have so far perished, and 400,000 have been displaced, so it's a pretty huge national disaster that requires all of our help. In the 2005 Azad Kashmir Earthquake, the nation came together and really showed what it meant to be Pakistani. It brought out the best in all of us, and my chest still expands with pride when I recall the efforts made by ordinary Pakistanis all over the world. I myself was helping an organization then that raised nearly a hundred thousand Canadian dollars in a matter of days to send to Pakistan (I believe it was during the month of Ramadan, so Muslims were in a charitable mood). I am planning on re-forming that group for this disaster as well, but need to know organizations that are active.

I contacted IDRF offices here, and they seemed unaware of any rescue efforts. I will call a few others, but it seems to me that none of the big organizations have moved in yet. Please let me know which organizations are active so I may contact them directly.

Thanks a lot, and I hope to hear from you guys.

- Rohaan.

Back
Top Bottom